WX Problems in need of solution

Thread: WX Problems in need of solution

Charter Member 2016

WX Problems in need of solution

I've been having issues with my real-world WX lately. I've got two weather engines I use - I haven't decided which I like better. Today, though, neither one of them has been giving me correct information!
    FSRealWX Lite has been my go-to lately. It's free and generally pretty correct. I've got my settings optimized for this one - with dynamic weather turned off in sim as required for this program. In general, it has worked flawlessly. However, today, it has been mis-identifying the airport I am at or closest too - mistaking Phoenix for Scottsdale, Memphis for some little airport in the region called Olive Grove, etc. It has also been failing to load WX into the simulator - if anything occurs, it either clears up within seconds leaving a clear sky, or it simply refreshes the weather that was already there.
    REX has been giving me similar problems - alternating between painfully clear or 100% overcast - and never giving me the truth. This is rather frustrating, especially since just yesterday, I got correct weather along my entire flight path from REX the whole time with no quarrel.
    The only thing that has changed is that I've run CCleaner since my last flight. I can't think what that would have to do with FS and WX, though...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Hm, FSRealWX Lite works fine for me, only problem is that weather sometimes is more than few hours late, but FSRealWX reports most recent weather from 3 weather programs that i use, though sometimes it starts to act weird, but thats what other 2 programs are for.

Members who have read this thread: 0