Freeware 1913 Morane Saulnier Typ H available

Thread: Freeware 1913 Morane Saulnier Typ H available

Charter Member 2015

Freeware 1913 Morane Saulnier Typ H available

One for the vintage fans. I've not had a chance to fly it yet, but I can confirm that its native FSX format.

Get it here http://ms-h-garros.blogspot.fr/p/ms-h.html
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Merci Chestnuts (Jean-Michel Castagné) c'est tres beau:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Very nice!

To start:

Set master battery to on, fill your fuel tanks, crack open the throttle and press M and + together until the engine starts. Be careful though, if you zoom out using the - the engine will shut down.

The rudder animation is reversed though..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ferry, if ever using the keyboard keys for the mag switch, when accomplished, press 'Backspace' and this will reset the keyboard/view input, so that you can use -/+ again to control the zoom in the cockpit.

It's great to see a new aircraft from this developer - having been fond of all of the Bleriot variants he has produced. It's great timing for this particular aircraft to find its way into FSX, with of course the 100th anniversary of the historic flight by Roland Garros - and for whose flight is being recreated later this month, with a reproduction Moraine Saulnier (though a two-seat Type G, so that rides can be given in the aircraft at a later point): http://www.replicair.fr/

Also, in-case you missed it, a nice build blog here, showing some of the intricate details as they were made: http://ms-h-garros.blogspot.fr/
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Ferry, if ever using the keyboard keys for the mag switch, when accomplished, press 'Backspace' and this will reset the keyboard/view input, so that you can use -/+ again to control the zoom in the cockpit.
    Thanks for the tip John!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Just tried to download the Morane but got a warning from my Norton's security set up that it wasn't safe and had been automatically deleted from my PC. Sigh...

I've always loved early aviation aircraft of all types. It fascinates me to no end the sometimes wildly different approaches different designers took to aircraft design, control systems, and powerplants. One of my all-time favourite films remains "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines"

Would love to see someone tackle the AEA-Curtiss Silver Dart...

N.

I got a similar warning from AVG (free) but it didn't delete it. I haven't opened it yet.

Best, Paul

Very nice! The main issue I found was that the installer created a folder outside of the main FsX folder so I'd recommend installing to a new folder. The rudder anim' seems reversed as Ferry said and hopefully can be fixed.

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Nice. Transparent wings wings even. Something not seen much in very many models.
    Also a model form an era not covered much.

I'm sure the small stuff will get remedied eventually. Well, not sure. But hopeful.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

next week

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Very nice! The main issue I found was that the installer created a folder outside of the main FsX folder so I'd recommend installing to a new folder. The rudder anim' seems reversed as Ferry said and hopefully can be fixed.
    Roger,
    thanks for your indications....

what can i say ? :
    - i need to prepar a .rar file for download because restrictions of some antivirus
    - i will modify the rudder animation
    - i will modify the tire animation ( actually don't run with the spokes )
    _ and ..... and .....

next release at beginning next week

Jean-Michel " chestnuts "

Excellent! Many thanks Jean-Michel:ernae:
    SYSTEM :

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks, Chestnut. In the meantime I'll be using this aircraft as a lead in trainer for the new PMDG T7!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

It looks almost like a prototype Eindekker...
    SYSTEM :

Now we're talking real aeroplanes! Loved your Bleriot's Jean-Michel, so this one is a definite must have to the collection. Many thanks.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Nice looking model and thanks for the HU!
    Like that there's some Bleriot variants there too!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

released file

now it's done MORANE-SAULNIER_FSX_R02.rar here : http://ms-h-garros.blogspot.fr/p/ms-h.html

Fast work! Thanks:ernae:
    SYSTEM :

Hello Jean-Michel,

I just have downloaded the new version of your wonderful Morasne Saulnier H. I like the 3D model and the annimation of the wing. Great work. Bravo

You have done a great model. Bravo. This new model will permit us to discover a legendary era of the aviation history. Thaank to share it with us.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Hello Jean-Michel,

When I select first the Morane H first the airplane appear with a running engine. I have just to increase the throttle to maintain the engine running. But if Icut the engine, by putting throttle to idle/cut-off position, it is impossible to restart the engine. Mystery!

What are the keyboard shortcuts you use for the steps describe in the check file? Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Benoit

Hello,

Following advices found on Pilote-virtuel forum I have increase the throttle up to 90% before startting the engine. Ten I Maintain Ctrl+E until the engine reach a smooth regime. With this procedure I was able to restart the Morane's engine. Thank to BiplanBonplan and BLB for their help.

Have a good day

Benoit

I fly in Prepar3D flight simulator only. Everything seems to be working fine. The starting procedure requires quite a bit of throttle to get it started, but once it lights up (starts) the throttle can be pulled back for idle.
    Nice project! I look forward to your updates as you progress!

MS-H with complete virtual cockpit now

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I fly in Prepar3D flight simulator only. Everything seems to be working fine. The starting procedure requires quite a bit of throttle to get it started, but once it lights up (starts) the throttle can be pulled back for idle.Nice project! I look forward to your updates as you progress!
    .... MORANE-SAULNIER H with complete VCdownload here : http://ms-h-garros.blogspot.fr/p/ms-h.html released 4