Milviz Ju-87 Now Available for Download - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Ju-87 Now Available for Download

I don't know if this is relevant to your situation regarding the "squirrely" behaviour, but I was experiencing a similar behaviour with one of my add on aircraft and Accu-Feel, to the point that I turned Accu-Feel off. It turned out that the aircraft was exceeding the max indicated airspeed setting so she started snaking and gettin all outa shape. When I upped this to a more realistic value (it was set way too low) the problem resolved itself.

AccuFeel, not Accusim. Don't confuse

I finally got the Ju-87 this morning, and made a test flight with the very first model on the list in the aircraft selection menu.
    Without reading the manual at all, I jumped into the cockpit and started inspecting the switches. With the experience obtained from the Flight Replicas and Classic Hangar German birds, I could start the plane without any trouble.

The plane is really beautiful and the cockpit is impressive, for the modelling quality. Performance-wise, the Stuka seems a bit more heavy than the Sabre on my computer, but this might be due to my recent video card settings changes. Also, my FSX is currently locked internally at 30 FPS, and Milviz planes hate this. Despite this, the FPS remained in the "usable" areas, varying between 30's and 20's, depending on what part of the scenery was visible (Bowerman, OrbX PNW). That means that once I switch my FSX back to unlimited FPS with NVidia Inspector FPS limit to 30, I'll get smooth flights with the Stuka most of the times.

Concerning the plane, there are some things I didn't really like:
    - the bombs seem to follow a strange path... When I drop them in a dive, the impact point, as seen from the external view during pullup, is always much "higher" than what I was aiming at. Just like if the bombs had a higher glide ratio than my plane ? Strange... But anyways, it's cool to be able to release them.
    - at one point, I figured out how to activate the siren in the dive (I had to enable the airbrake...). After the dive, strangely the plane seemed to be in autopilot mode, I could not control the elevator, and the elevator trim was moving by itself. Is there some automatic recovery instrument, or did I press my Z key by mistake ? Anyways, I pressed Z again and got back the full control of the plane, so everything was ok.
    - After the dive, I flew again level. The airbrakes went off by themselves, I suppose I need to read the manual for this, right ?
    - While flying level, I tried to fire the cannons. I realised that the trigger (button 1 on my joystick, which also controls the wheel brakes) made a siren sound, 3-4 seconds after pulling the trigger, for one second. Strange in flight, very annoying when landing and taxiing. What happened ?

Anybody noticed the same problems ?
    Appart from this, the plane is extremely cool and I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Does this require a program such as WinZip to install it?
    I have payware from just about every developer and have never come across any that require a WinZip type of installation. I've seen a few repaints that are a WinZip file.
    This will be my first MilVis download.

The few times that I was going to install WinZip or 7zip etc., every time I try to get one of their free programs I end up with a page with about 5 different "Install Now" links.
    No matter what link I click, it leads to some other program they want you to install or buy. I have just given up on it.
    Try this 7zip:
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then you can choose the downloaded file and right-click it choose 7zip - open archive and double-click the exe.

Yes Daube there is an auto recovery. I have found if you don't do it perfectly it stays on (Saitek auto pilot panel) and I then have to turn the ap off? (or did I do it too soon because the recovery didn't work because I forgot to set the speed brake, not sure)

Also you engaged the diving siren.......you need to read the manual (I haven't tried the guns yet)

Great job Milviz

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

No Roger...better than great....excellent!!

Actually the manual and video explain together how to dive bomb really well.....i am a bit caught up with something else but cannot wait to get back to it.

Daube, according to Eric Brown the greatest difficulty with dive bombing is over estimating the dive angle so this may explain why the bomb lands forward of where you think it should be? Meaning that the plane may be going forward more than it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    The paint kit looks great - just trying to decide what to repaint. the included schemes are a great choice already so its difficult.

http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/..._ju87_001.html

Do any of the great re-painters want to do the snake? If so I wont.
    Unfortunately all the ones on that page, including Diego's choice are earlier "B" models. The "snake" is indeed spectacular, it would not hurt to deviate a bit from historical accuracy if one fancies that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    AccuFeel, not Accusim. Don't confuse

- After the dive, I flew again level. The airbrakes went off by themselves, I suppose I need to read the manual for this, right ?

- While flying level, I tried to fire the cannons. I realised that the trigger (button 1 on my joystick, which also controls the wheel brakes) made a siren sound, 3-4 seconds after pulling the trigger, for one second. Strange in flight, very annoying when landing and taxiing. What happened ?

Anybody noticed the same problems ?
    Appart from this, the plane is extremely cool and I really like it.
    If the Siren is on when you are doing a ground attack with the machine guns it will wail , turn off the siren .

The Joystick has the trigger captured to replicate the Stuka's version , it used one button to trigger all weapon systems, unfortunately in FS this includes brakes ,the siren was automated as well , and here its also rigged to sound when the trigger is pulled.
    Please Note : If the automated pullout system is used the pilot needs to set the Spoiler Handle to off after dive recovery to regain control of the aircraft.

Best CJ

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    Try this 7zip:
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then you can choose the downloaded file and right-click it choose 7zip - open archive and double-click the exe.

Yes Daube there is an auto recovery. I have found if you don't do it perfectly it stays on (Saitek auto pilot panel) and I then have to turn the ap off? (or did I do it too soon because the recovery didn't work because I forgot to set the speed brake, not sure)

Also you engaged the diving siren.......you need to read the manual (I haven't tried the guns yet)
    Thank you, P38man. I will try it one more time.
    Do Milviz planes require a program such as 7zip? If so, it will be a first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Thank you, P38man. I will try it one more time.
    Do Milviz planes require a program such as 7zip? If so, it will be a first for me.
    The installer program is always wrapped in a .zip file, since most systems do not like downloading .exe programs...

Please note also that there is no separate "uninstaller" application. I have included an "Uninstall" option in the Installer program itself. This way I have full control over just what is removed.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I too failed to unzip the .exe file, until I remembered from previous milviz purchases, try flicking off your antivirus for the unzip process. Worked for me.

WOW!!!!!!! I finally got it installed. What a pig in the air it is! Awesome all the way around. It is far better than I hoped it could be. Outstanding job Milviz:salute: I still can't unzip files on my computer. Had to use my laptop for that, then copy the installer on to a flash drive and transfer to my sick box. I'm having a blast with this one!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

What's always amazed me is that long after the plane was relegated out of front line service after the RAF revealed it to be a death trap, the plane was being flown as a tank buster on the Eastern Front. Further, the only man to earn the Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds was Oberst Hans Ulrich-Rudel, who flew the plane during nearly the entire war and actually survived! Though he was shot down and survived a harrowing evasion effort to avoid capture and likely certain execution had the Russians caught him.

Among the many amazing things Rudel did in the war, he likely caused the death of a Russian ace fighter pilot, Lev Shestakov who was on his tail. With his rear gunner dealing with a jammed MG, Rudel took low-level flying to a new limit as he flew through mountain valleys at less than ten feet off the ground, literally taking his Ju-87 between trees at full speed! His rear gunner reported that during these frenetic maneuvers, that his pursuer crashed. Given that the fighter pilot going after him had himself earned the Hero of the Soviet Union multiple times, when the crash happened, Rudel's radio "exploded" with emotional calls from the Russian pilots flying overhead who saw it happen! Rudel praised the Russian in his memoirs writing, "I should give him credit; he was a good pilot."

He also flew combat missions with one of his legs in a plaster cast!

Then, he was hit by a 40mm shell which required the amputation of his right leg below his knee. He continued to fly combat missions immediately after the amputation!

He flew a record number of combat sorties in World War II of 2,530! He was never shot down by an enemy fighter, only by anti-aircraft artillery. He tried to land once behind enemy lines in a field to rescue fellow Stuka crews who were forced down. But, the muddy field would not allow him to take off. So, the entire unit set out on foot to evade Russians coming after him with a frenzy given the huge bounty that had been placed on Rudel's head!

Rudel had a remarkable life after the war, also! He lived for a time in South Africa, and even had a direct role in the design of the USAF A-10 attack aircraft! Further, he lived for a time in Argentina and was friendly with the military junta there. When he wrote his auto-biography, it was very controversial as in addition to being an outstanding memoir of his sorties, was -- to put it charitably -- "unapologetic" about the war. Nevertheless, when it was translated into English and re-printed under the title 'Stuka Pilot," none other than RAF ace Douglas Bader wrote the preface! Despite his politics, if you were a military aviator especially, you had to openly admire the man's courage and skill as a pilot. When he died in 1982, at his funeral, it appeared that two New Luftwaffe F-4's performed a low tribute pass over the ceremony even though the Luftwaffe later denied it was done.

He was, as they say, a very remarkable man!

Ken

It was a Revell plastic model of Rudel's Stuka that was I think the first model I built as a kid. I remember I was in the store with my mom when I saw the kit. I was fascinated by the gull wings and mom bought it for me. It spent many years hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Well I have decided to work out the Stuka proper before more dive bombing.....though I am champing at the bit to do that!

I am having trouble keeping the temps down and have read the manual and tried clicking the coolers and am just not getting it.

- it says they are oil coolers in the tool tips but in the manual it refers to them as water coolers
    - seems the centre of each cooler is the "breaker off" so I guess I cannot click those
    - the outer ring of the left one opens the flaps but instead of showing AUF open when I click this it shows max (shows AUF when I first step into the plane), then when I click the outer ring of the right one to close the indicator still shows max. So once I have clicked the left one's outer ring it seems not adjustments are possble.....just don't get this (no temps nor does the top-right hand gauge ever change once the first click has been made - note dive brake whatever is OFF when doing this)
    - the only fix for water temps is to throttle down and it does not go down much at all.
    - clicking the two cooler rings both in and out and waiting seems to do nothing for the oil temps
    - no water has sprayed even at very high temps, how high and how long does this have to be?

Also confused about arming and fusing the bomb
    - why, from the video, to let loose the single centre bomb, do we arm the left outside and right outside positions rather than the left and right inside positions?

Have worked out
    - on the right-hand side electrical panel each has 2 swtiches for the same control. Bottom button IN is ON (top button goes out). To turn OFF push in TOP button (bottom button goes out).

Acccufeel
    - have turned this off due to a huge "rumbling noise" at medium altitude when nowhere near ceiling nor anywhere near stall speeds (note I had the FSX clear all weather chosen and as Accufeel works with FSX weather there should have not been any turbulence)
    - I am suspecting this is why it still continues to crash FSX after every flight - confirmed!

Default flight settings?
    - I have as my default flight the Microsoft Cessna with its Magnetos in the OFF position but when I climb into the Stuka it is BOTH. I guess this needs its own saved flight ? (because its a "complex" plane as well call them?)

Fuel
    - in FSX it shows 4 fuel tanks but in the plane the choice is for 2 ?

Feedback
    - awesome plane....amazing
    - would have liked tool tips for all of the plane's VC

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    It was a Revell plastic model of Rudel's Stuka that was I think the first model I built as a kid. I remember I was in the store with my mom when I saw the kit. I was fascinated by the gull wings and mom bought it for me. It spent many years hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom.
    I purchased that same model as a kid! I remember it well for those unique 37mm cannon on it, so it was the Ju-87G. So large were the guns, that the streamlined belts sticking out the sides contained only six rounds each! This was the aircraft Rudel flew at Kursk, and he flew the only one then available also! Many older Ju-87D's were fitted in the field with the 37mm cannon.

Ken

I had seen some video of the 37mm cannon in use on the Ju-87G and I finally found a working link to it. The video quality is typical 1940's era black and white, but the remarkable part is the audio, which adds a lot to the experience.

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/Ski...mbcom.mp4.html

In effect, the Germans were employing an airborne anti-tank gun given that the 37mm flak gun was very much capable of killing even a T-34 with one shot. The advantage being that firing from above, the Stuka pilots had the advantage of targeting the thin armor on the top of the tanks.

Ken

Master of Disaster
    Is Rudel's Stuka represented in the paints included? I can't remember what the side number of his aircraft was.......Any how, I've always loved the look of the cannons under the wing of the stuka. Say hello to my little friends, BOOM BOOM!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Is Rudel's Stuka represented in the paints included? I can't remember what the side number of his aircraft was.......Any how, I've always loved the look of the cannons under the wing of the stuka. Say hello to my little friends, BOOM BOOM!
    Yes, it is the one with the cannon and the yellow triangle on the left wing tip plus the black and white arrow symbol on the fuselage.

Ken

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Yes, it is the one with the cannon and the yellow triangle on the left wing tip plus the black and white arrow symbol on the fuselage.

Ken
    That's what I thought, Thank you!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    I purchased that same model as a kid! I remember it well for those unique 37mm cannon on it, so it was the Ju-87G. So large were the guns, that the streamlined belts sticking out the sides contained only six rounds each! This was the aircraft Rudel flew at Kursk, and he flew the only one then available also! Many older Ju-87D's were fitted in the field with the 37mm cannon.

Ken
    Me too! And I had own several COX Stuka's with dropping bomb.

Attachment 92348

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Charter Member 2012
    I have made a start to this repaint - I might take a while with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    The livery with tail number 494193 was the aircraft that Oberst Hans-Ulrich Rudel flew. When painting the winter liveries for the JU-87 G 2, I discovered that one of them (probably) had the same tail number (barely visible).
    So I think that we have Oberst Rudel's "Kanonenvogel" in two paint schemes :salute:

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I have made a start to this repaint - I might take a while with it!

Looks good Barnes! :salute:

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Well I have solved most of my questions
    - the oil and water and other things are simply not modelled at all (despite warnings about handling these in the manual they don't apply - always the same values on the gauges no matter what happens).
    - the turbulence I believe was still caused by Accufeel at about 10,000 feet (Global setting - needed to have it turned off)
    - it then crashed FSX again during the flight once this accufeel issue came up
    - for some reason on my system accufeel and it do not mix at all
    - the plane wants to go down at 10,000 feet (using Plan-G on another pc) when the turbulence starts

Edit - solved light on altitude hold. That may have solved all issues to date.

Charter Member 2012
    Got the left half on the way! More red dots on the snake to paint and other stuff to line up before I can do the other side.

I apologise now. As this is the wrong version of Stuka anyway i'm not going to worry about being very authentic to the last detail.

Members who have read this thread: 5