Metal2Mesh Avionics Upgrade F-15E (Aug 23)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal2Mesh Avionics Upgrade F-15E (Aug 23)

Charter Member 2012

Metal2Mesh Avionics Upgrade F-15E (Aug 23)

https://metal2mesh.com/store/
    https://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development

Looks interesting. I don't have the F-15E so looking for someone else to step up and make some remarks

The upgrade is $15.00 US and can be purchased from the product section. I clicked on the F-15E Upgrade icon. Downloading now. Thanks Metal2Mesh for the upgrade on the F-15E.

The HUD is fantastic. Looks like the radar is greatly improved. Only scratching the surface but well worth the fee for the upgrade. Thanks Meta2Mesh for your great addition to an already good aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for the heads up, OMW!!

sold...will pick up friday

I wonder if there is something in the addon that would not make it work with Prepar3d? F-15E Mudhen works fine, though. But it sure looks good and will buy this, if it does play fine P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrunt View Post
    I wonder if there is something in the addon that would not make it work with Prepar3d? F-15E Mudhen works fine, though. But it sure looks good and will buy this, if it does play fine P3D.
    I don't own the AU, but I think it's more of a case that they don't support the product in P3D. It may very well work perfectly, but with P3D being so new, and with V2.0 coming out, financially and time wise many developers are hesitant to test and support their aircraft in P3D. I think at this stage, everyone is just making sure their stuff works in FSX. If it works in P3D as well, that's just a bonus. In the future when things stabilize, and developers learn the ins and outs of P3D, I'm sure we'll start seeing support for aircraft in P3D.

Good stuff M2M, will have to pick this up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    I don't own the AU, but I think it's more of a case that they don't support the product in P3D. It may very well work perfectly, but with P3D being so new, and with V2.0 coming out, financially and time wise many developers are hesitant to test and support their aircraft in P3D. I think at this stage, everyone is just making sure their stuff works in FSX. If it works in P3D as well, that's just a bonus. In the future when things stabilize, and developers learn the ins and outs of P3D, I'm sure we'll start seeing support for aircraft in P3D.

Good stuff M2M, will have to pick this up soon!
    Yes, of course it is this way and I don't necessarily expect support at this point. I've used P3D for over a year now as a platform and FSX is only installed for my ORBX DVD's migration. So far pretty much everything works just fine, but there may be some problems with more exotic stuff and pretty much the only one not working and I own is VRS Superbug (I don't actually know if there is anything else with Superbug than SimConnect version check, which fails with P3D).

Another update from M2M,

To have the AU released earlier, the manual is incomplete but being worked on and to be finished ASAP. :salute:

http://metal2mesh.com/wiki/index.php...ionics Upgrade

Cheers,
    Hank

It looks interesting for sure, will have to wait though. Just curious, on the product page just above the Tac Pak thing is says new a 3D model, has there been any changes to the external model?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Just curious, on the product page just above the Tac Pak thing is says new a 3D model, has there been any changes to the external model?
    Future Support with service updates, and a complete NEW version build 2.0 including:
    *** This version will NOT have Tac Pack powered systems. ***
    So if I read it correctly, you get the upcoming V2.0 with new model etc in the future if you buy the Avionics upgrade now.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Good job M2M! Thanks for showing true care and appreciation for your labor of love. Can't wait to see some screenies and your future enhancements. Any chance on a video showcasing our update?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

What's the difference in the HUD? And, can you explain the new features of A/A and A/G mode of the radar? Thanks for your work of quality on this beautiful beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    How to pay with Paypal?
    They say they are working on Paypal but it does not work yet.

Dave

Gents, see my link to the online manual. A lot will be explained there, including the possibilities of the systems .

And to Ferry and others, for the update you need a copy of the F-15 Mudhen distributed by Iris. Those who buy the update, will get the full version 2 for free.
    Those who hadn't bought the original F-15 or the AU will have to pay the full price for version 2.0 once that one is released.

לחיים
    Hank

So just to Clarify.

If you have the Original Iris F-15E = AU will work.

If you Don't have it = AU will be useless to me, until version 2.0, at which time a "FULL Version" will be released which I will have access to?

So essentially, if I pay $15.00 now, I get the Full meal deal with Version 2.0?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

"And to Ferry and others, for the update you need a copy of the F-15 Mudhen distributed by Iris. Those who buy the update, will get the full version 2 for free.
    Those who hadn't bought the original F-15 or the AU will have to pay the full price for version 2.0 once that one is released."

Rick, I believe as it states above if you don't have the original Iris F-15E Mudhen as you sany the AU will be useless. Also you must have purchased the original IRIS F-15E to get any of the future updates including version 2. Evidently they know who purchased the original. Buying the AU without the original will not allow you to upgrade to Version 2 in the future for free. You will have to pay full price. Just my take on what has been said so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    "And to Ferry and others, for the update you need a copy of the F-15 Mudhen distributed by Iris. Those who buy the update, will get the full version 2 for free.
    Those who hadn't bought the original F-15 or the AU will have to pay the full price for version 2.0 once that one is released."

Rick, I believe as it states above if you don't have the original Iris F-15E Mudhen as you sany the AU will be useless. Also you must have purchased the original IRIS F-15E to get any of the future updates including version 2. Evidently they know who purchased the original. Buying the AU without the original will not allow you to upgrade to Version 2 in the future for free. You will have to pay full price. Just my take on what has been said so far.
    This. But, it is quite obvious that AU doesn't include the whole plane and V2.0 upgrade also uses the old IRIS F-15 as basis. In that way, they don't actually have to know who has purchased the plane beforehand from different distributors. Upgrades just don't work as a standalone install. Installers also probably check, that F-15 also exists on the drive. So, upgrades work like pretty much every normal patch.

Ah...makes sense in that context. thank you Stovall.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I thought the Original F-15E was no longer available, but it's still up at all the usual places.. But unless you really can't wait, it will probably be cheaper to wait for the M2M V2.0 of the Mudhen.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I thought the Original F-15E was no longer available, but it's still up at all the usual places.. But unless you really can't wait, it will probably be cheaper to wait for the M2M V2.0 of the Mudhen.
    Yes indeed. The AU is for users only who have a legal copy of the original F-15 Strike Eagle distributed by Iris. Those who do , when they buy the AU will get the version 2 for free.
    For those who do not own a copy of the original released Srike Eagle should not buy the AU at all, but better,like Ferry suggested, wait for the version 2 wich will be released by M2M.

לחיים
    Hank

When they get the paypal issues sorted please let us know. I've got a copy sitting in my shopping cart but no preferred way to pay for it. Just wants credit card info for now.
    :ernae:

At first I considered this an upgrade for an earlier released product, but it is more than that. Metal2Mesh has completely redone the avionics of the F-15E Mudhen. Purchasing this upgrade will allow those who purchased the original IRIS F-15E to upgrade to a complete new aircraft once Version 2 is done for free. Those who don't have the original should wait to purchase the new M2M version when it is done.

This sticky is essentially an introduction of Metal2Metal and the great products we can look forward to. Thanks to Hank for the heads up.

Charter Member 2012
    Engine start logic, associated systems and sounds are really nice, nav functions work well, did a xc hop with no problems to get used to the UFC etc. FM seems like a very reasonable facsimile, almost as good as the Milviz in that area, in general.

This is my first exposure to the Iris bird, never tried it without the AU. So far haven't figured out how to activate stores configuration; just been flying around clean. Perhaps I have a borked install? Did a second install and the shift-2 configure panel is still inert.

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    Engine start logic, associated systems and sounds are really nice, nav functions work well, did a xc hop with no problems to get used to the UFC etc. FM seems like a very reasonable facsimile, almost as good as the Milviz in that area, in general.

This is my first exposure to the Iris bird, never tried it without the AU. So far haven't figured out how to activate stores configuration; just been flying around clean. Perhaps I have a borked install? Did a second install and the shift-2 configure panel is still inert.
    While on the ground, put the park-brakes on, look down by your left elbow, there's a little switch in the corner. Klick it forward, that activates your stores config panel. Pick your stores, then Klick it backward and it saves your stores.
    Brakes must be on for this to work, at least they did pre-update.
    good luck.
    p.