Multicore FS9?

Thread: Multicore FS9?

Multicore FS9?

I know this topic has been mentioned several times before, but I stumbled across this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbSR9eLie4

Has anybody tried it out? I don't want to be messing up my recent installation.
    Advice would come in really handy!

Cheers, Stuart.

I tried this a while back and didn't notice any improvment in performance. You can't really screw anything up by trying it. Even if you do it the setting only lasts until you reboot. There's some sort of utility that will make the setting stick, but I didn't try that.

To get this to work properly, you have to have more than a multi-core processor. You actually need a system with more than one CPU chip.

symmetrical processing is the way to go.....

Dave

Charter Member 2016
    Windows already does this for you by default.

Try forcing FS9 to use only a single processor core and see what happens! Last time I tried that, I got horrid stuttering and sound distortion... I think when I forced it to use one core only, Windows shoved the whole thing onto that core, sound drivers and all... and if you've got a multiple-core chip, your individual core clock speeds are probably not fast enough for that... I know mine aren't!

So I think Windows aleady does this for you... it distributes the load pretty well by asking differnt tasks such as tasks involving sound and graphics drivers on different cores, giveing FS comparitively more time to perform well.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Members who have read this thread: 0