Duenna Help

Thread: Duenna Help

Master of Disaster

Duenna Help

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why I can't post the duenna map as a file at the end of flights? It's validating my flights fine but it isn't showing a map. I'm trying to figure out how to save it as a thumbnail so I can post it? Please point me in the right direction, i.e., a post......? Thanks!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

hmmmm ...

... if you take a look into your latest FlightLog_11_15_10.TXT file, you'll see the following error ...

14.01.2009 11:15:10 Error retrieving URL 'http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gcmap?marker=1&MAP-STYLE=popup&PATH=SUPE-SBPA'

Read - your comp (the Duenna) was not able to reach the listed internet site (great circle mapper - required for drawing the Duenna log picture) while you finished your flight (dropped the baton).

Perhaps you have a dial-up internet connection, that was down at that moment, haven't you?

In the same log, you can also see, that your Duenna version isn't updated to the latest published one. You should get the latest update from http://johannesmueller.com/duenna - that would give even better - more detailed error reports in the log.

EDIT: Your current Duenna works from the path C:\Program Files\FS-Addons\RTW-Duenna and stores its files - images in .jpg format and text log files in subdirectories (one for each day of usage) of C:\Program Files\FS-Addons\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT
    -tom

(RTW 'racer' with team SOH from 2005 to 2009 and lately in 2014 )

Master of Disaster
    Cable connection. Virus protection was shut down, so that shouldn't be blocking it. I'll check for the update.

Mud, you don't need to "save" it on your own.. the Duenna program does it for you.
    At the end of the flight it should pop up both the .txt file and the .jpg Close both and they are saved in the "Output" folder (C:/program files/fsaddons/RTW_Duenna/Output/). The popup may show Map Unavailable but it should still produce the file.
    Take a look in that folder and you should have two files of each name (one .txt. and one .jpg. When you make your post, browse to and attach both files. (takes two separate attachments of course).
    If your Output folder doesn't have the .jpg file then let us know and we can do some more digging.

For now, until the race, go to settings and in the lower half of the page, de-select "Send realtime position to server" and select "Keep flight tracking private". Tha way it won't get set to the RTW tracking site to show what you're doing. When it's the race that will have to be changed to allow you to be "followed"

As Gnoopey says, you need the full-install Duenna and the Update release 117 to be current.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Master of Disaster
    Got it guys, thanks! Should be good to go; now I know where to look!

N6722C
    VISTA ? Run Duenna as "ADMINISTRATOR" ....:woot:

Geoff