OMG It FLOATS!!... ::lol:: - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: OMG It FLOATS!!... ::lol::

Fantasy

We had talked about the colors being unrealistic...but....

The red and white stripes on the nose of the ship are authentic. When my memory is still correct these stripes were used by the Germans as identification aid by the fleet on the Black Sea or Baltic Sea (I need to check, but I have been reading this recently).

Great work on this model! I hope you will make your work availble for download when finished.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The red and white stripes on the nose of the ship are authentic. When my memory is still correct these stripes were used by the Germans as identification aid by the fleet on the Black Sea or Baltic Sea (I need to check, but I have been reading this recently).

Great work on this model! I hope you will make your work availble for download when finished.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Check the 3rd Schnellbootsflotille in the Med, they wore the candy stripe and a green deck to blend in better with the Mediterranean Sea a little bit better.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Candy stripes

Thanks for the info.
    Good to know the "candy cane" was not an imagined paint scheme.
    Any re-paints will be released when Pam does the official unveiling.
    Still a fair bit of work to be done to get her ready.

From squadron/signal publication 18 "Schnellboot in action"

The red and "Schnellbootweiss" diagonal stripes were painted on the "S-boote" deployed to the Black Sea in 1943. This marking was adopted from Italian pactice and reduced the risk of "friendly fire" from Axis aircraft. The rest of the upper deck was painted pea green (approx.FS34258), which matched the warm and algea tinted water.

And below some photographic proof on the deck of a S-38. Although I noticed the diagonal is the other way round.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Well, please bear with me. I'm not a 3d artist but i'm trying, and my skills with math have gone out the window, but i'm trying there too.. Frankly, I wish this project was in more capable hands than mine, but no one has ever volunteered to help model or run numbers. So, I'm asking. Someone please help me. My Blood Oxygen level hovers between 87 and 89% now. It will never go back above 90%. My mind is kerfuggled and the person some of you called a soreceress, is long gone, never to be seen again. Someone pleazse help. I'd like to see this boat finished right..
    Pam.

Layered effect

Layering up the effects at different speeds and placement gives a more realistic bow spray.
    I also was wondering what a smoke generator might look like...

Its more than a year anything has been posted about this boat. So I wonder whether the boat is still floating.

If not, it it perhaps possible to release it "as it is". I do have the pre-release, which I like very much. But I would love to have Skyhawk's textures and effects.

Cheers,
    Huub

I'd forgotten about this. It's definitely on my "to have" list. Good e-boats are kinda scarce.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Its more than a year anything has been posted about this boat. So I wonder whether the boat is still floating.

If not, it it perhaps possible to release it "as it is". I do have the pre-release, which I like very much. But I would love to have Skyhawk's textures and effects.

Cheers,
    Huub

I am not sure what Pam's feelings are about this.

Blog Entries
    Please go ahead and release it.. I still have the original mesh ( .max ) as well if someone wants to take it further. I would love to see it functional in P3D as well, but i just dont have the energy any more.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Please go ahead and release it.. I still have the original mesh ( .max ) as well if someone wants to take it further. I would love to see it functional in P3D as well, but i just dont have the energy any more.

This is such a really nice boat and could use a good modeler to bring her to the finish line....

Thanks Pam. Like you I really hope somebody will be able to finish this beautiful model

Your message please go ahead and release it is a bit confusing for me. Do you ask Seahawk72s to upload the model? As I think you both have the latest version, with textures and effects, from this model.

Thanks again,
    Huub

Thanks Pam. Like you I really hope somebody will be able to finish this beautiful model

Your message please go ahead and release it is a bit confusing for me. Do you ask Seahawk72s to upload the model? As I think you both have the latest version, with textures and effects, from this model.

Thanks again,
    Huub
    I will get in touch with Pam with some questions.

Blog Entries

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub:
    Just tested it in P3Dv4 and it works fine now. Not sure what was wrong in p3dv2.2 but glad its fixed. config file needs some tweaking and camera adjustments but i can do those as time and energy allows since what there is right now isnt all that bad. I also want Seahawks layered effects in there so i'm hoping he'll do those as well..

In FSX I've literally driven this thing all over the world and even did a cruise from seayttle to san francisco, and its great fun. I'm looking forward to its future..

Pam

Blog Entries

Thanks again,
    Huub
    Welll, I'm afraid i confused myself too.. Yes, seaHawk, release what we have as a beta and lets keep looking for a modeler, and of course your effects and liveries. We can gather data from the users as it comes in and use that data to improve what we have. I have both 3ds max scenery files and .Obj files that I'm willing to share with any capable modeler. 3D wise, Ive taken it to the limit of my skills. I cant take it any further, and it still needs love and some reworking.

For those waiting to download the beta, the old schnellboot pens in Rotterdam are still there, though the river gets a little weird further inland. I havent explored the Rhine yet so let me know .. and can I recommend HD meshes?? they may help..
    Talk soon..
    Pam