ORBX Global Released [Payware]
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ORBX Global Released [Payware]

Exclamation ORBX Global Released [Payware]

She's finally out!

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=2542

EDIT: Flightsimstore is a tad overwhelmed right now. Might want to wait a bit before putting in your CC info.

No space on my SSD...

I wish they had super regions like USA etc... The only place I fly.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Well Global's region is the whole world. I reinstalled my FSX a week or so ago in preparation for this. Using UTX + REX + FS Genesis mesh, plus a handful of payware planes that I fly the most. FSX is lean and mean again!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    No space on my SSD... I wish they had super regions like USA etc... The only place I fly.
    That is one great thing I love about GEX, you can buy just North America.
    Mike Mann

I have GEX. I would be semi interested in this product but I don't fly in the rest of the world.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    That is one great thing I love about GEX, you can buy just North America.
    I do agree. I would be willing to buy, but I am a America's person and sphere N, C, S America and Caribbean. I have my Orbyx Down-under, no good Siberian Regions err. At least I have the Canadian Arctic playground and stumping ground. Keeps me virtual Cool on those RW San Antonio TX broiler burning days like today. Eh Dallas Region stop hogging the cool and rain lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Eh Dallas Region stop hogging the cool and rain lol.
    COOL?! you must be mistaken, still in the 90s here, LOL.

For those with FTXGlobal, enjoy! No interest here at all (well maybe in the new autogen). One of the great things about scenery design, I don't like the textures, I can change the landclass in a couple of clicks, LOL.
    Best, Michael

Sweeet! Off to go wait for the queue to let me download ha ha, this is gonna revolutionise FSX
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehawk View Post
    Sweeet! Off to go wait for the queue to let me download ha ha, this is gonna revolutionise FSX
    I quite agree. I've been following the the various threads at ORBX and it looks magnificent! However I am probably going to hold off until I get my new pc when it would be good to add it to a brand new install.
    I'm interested if any Dx10ers buy and find any anomolies.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I tend to fly in North America because the texture & vector data is so much better (especially with UTX). Now that my FTX Global download is almost complete, I'm thinking of doing some globe-trotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehawk View Post
    this is gonna revolutionise FSX
    It really does.

I hope to check out more areas later today (assuming this system upgrade at work goes well). Last night I flew around my part of Wisconsin and around Chicago and was totally impressed. Chicago looked a lot more urban than it did with default or GEX textures. The autogen placement is just so much better. The colors are also more exciting. Rural Wisconsin (basically all of it) is a lot more convincing now. Farms look better and smaller towns are much more defined.

The night lighting and night textures are the most impressive part. It has no impact on FPS on my system (getting kind of old now), unlike UTX lights. It looks absolutely phenomenal. I'll try to get some screenies up later.

It isn't perfect, but I feel it is a tier above GEX and a few tiers above default FSX. I look forward to seeing what they do with it over the next year or so.

Just looked at the sceenies. Holy crap, I'm gettin this...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Comparison screenshots of stock FSX to FTX Global would be nice.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Comparison screenshots of stock FSX to FTX Global would be nice.
    There are some on the Orbx and Avsim forums.

I think what he means is - someone with a PC spec definition in their signature posting screenshots with maybe the FPS meter on - not necessarily before and after pics, but just a more personal and relate-able sense of how it looks and performs as well as what it does. I can then go to the same areas on my FSX and see the difference for myself - maybe make a better determination as to whether or not to buy.

developer screenshots are not always going to show things the developer does'nt want them to show
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I will be waiting to see some more screenshots before spending $ 90 on this, some good shots from New England and Cape Cod might win me over.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I think what he means is - someone with a PC spec definition in their signature posting screenshots with maybe the FPS meter on - not necessarily before and after pics, but just a more personal and relate-able sense of how it looks and performs as well as what it does. I can then go to the same areas on my FSX and see the difference for myself - maybe make a better determination as to whether or not to buy.

developer screenshots are not always going to show things the developer does'nt want them to show
    Pretty much nailed it. However, I wouldn't be averse to some direct comparisons.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Orbx FTX Global

FTX Global is now available at The Flightsim Store for $94 Canadian funds. Download size is 4.18 gbs. Price is a little heavy for me, but checking out the screenshots, it sure is tempting.

There are Dx10 issues being reported on their site particularly with lights so maybe by the time I get my new pc there may be a fix.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Can someone show me the KDLH area... inland near the airport and out over the river and harbor areas?

And KGFK the town to the east of the airport and area to the south.

Thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    There is a user screenshot forum which already has lots of FTX Global traffic. (This is in addition to the devloper and beta-tester 'preview' forum.)
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

if and i mean a huge IF..i had the 91 usd to buy this..id do it because this would make me fly other parts of the world im curious about..like russia..south america..other places..

Quote Originally Posted by rewasiuk View Post
    FTX Global is now available at The Flightsim Store for $94 Canadian funds. Download size is 4.18 gbs. Price is a little heavy for me, but checking out the screenshots, it sure is tempting.
    Typical! I only have $93.50 spare.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I can finally fly directly east from Billings, Montana and not see a definable border, like I was crossing into someone else's yard.

I have Orbx CRM, and that was one of my biggest pet peaves was the hard transition between CRM and GEX.
    Well, with any Orbx and GEX border.
    With FTX Global's "Hybrid mode" it's pretty much gone.
    I could see a slight transition, but I really, REALLY, had to look hard.
    Plus, the Orbx NA scenery seems to be entirely intact.

I'm looking forward to cross-country flights now. I really am.

GEX made some changes to the look of their product a few years ago I was never entirely happy with.
    It made my local area I live look rather poorly, IMHO.
    FTX Global makes it look right, now.
    The fields are the color they should be this time of year.
    GEX was always this odd patchwork of yellowish green colored fields.

The Black Hills of South Dakota LOOK like the the Black Hills of South Dakota, finally.

I traveled around the globe a bit before I had to hit the bed.
    Africa looks stunning, especially Kenya. I use the SceneryTech landclass for that area.
    The Himalayas around Lukla look the best I have seen, I really couldn't see a transition between Aerosoft's Lukla scenery and Global.

Those of you that know me, know I'm not a big fan of Orbx after the way they have treated myself and other members of this forum.
    I am always reluctant to spend anymore money on their products, especially $100 bucks on this one.
    But I was also tired of not wanting to fly locally because it just didn't look right with GEX.
    I tired MegaScenery 2.0 and was very disappointed in that as well.

I really am actually looking forward to exploring my state once again.
    I have no regrets buying FTX Global.
    And I have to admit, after looking at the OpenLC (Open Landclass) demo area in Croatia, that Orbx will be producing down the road, I'll probably be picking that up for specific area's as well.
    It definitely looks like a better defined Landclass product than UTX.
    I guess sometimes new can be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I can finally fly directly east from Billings, Montana and not see a definable border, like I was crossing into someone else's yard.
    It definitely looks like a better defined Landclass product than UTX.
    UTX is of course a lot more than just landclass: lot's of vector data, like roads, objects and night lighting. Landclass just gives you texture/autogen placement information.

Members who have read this thread: 0