ORBX Global Released [Payware] - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ORBX Global Released [Payware]

I'd love to check (before buying) how FTXG improves the photoreal experience (at the border of a photoreal area and the default scenery). I'm using a lot NL2000 and BlueSky sceneries. Can someone post 2 examples like these? Please try not to cheat with fancy lighting or weather, and please no GEX, UTX, etc... I don't have any of these. In these 2 screenshots I was flying at 10.000ft, zoom is 50%, weather all clear, season is Springtime, time is 12:00 PM.

First NL2000, the border between Netherlands (NL2000) and Germany (default FSX) at the vertical of EDLV Niederrhein (with the freeware UKMIL Typhoon v1.3) :

Now Blue Sky Scenery. Here is KENV Wendover at the border of Nevada and Utah, same setting, but at 20.000 ft. (with Sim Skunk Works F104-G v1.4).

I know I should post at Avsim or Orbx, but I feel more at home here... Thanks!

It isnt a poblem of FTX Global but developers of phototextures. Better to do soft transitions (transparents effects) between default textures and photoreal. Its lazy work.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It isnt a poblem of FTX Global but developers of phototextures. Better to do soft transitions (transparents effects) between default textures and photoreal. Its lazy work.
    Sure but NL2000 should work well with FTXG (it's already noo too bad with default FSX), and Blue Sky Scenery is yet to offer the whole of Nevada, they don't need transitions. And dry area are known to be challenging...

But since we can't have photoreal sceneries for the every part of the world, FTXG should be an improvement when flying in-between... At least I really hope so.

Charter Member 2015
    If anyone is flying around Vermont, USA.. In ORBX - - - I sure would like to see a Burlington airport and surrounding area air photos.

David

I'm getting serious stutters with this installed. This is a new computer, and I haven't yet applied any "anti-stutter" tweaks of any kind yet. Haven't had too, as I've been getting great frame rates with most all sliders maxed out. Will have to dig through the "tweaks and guides" threads now...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Flew around Burlington VT and shot a few Kodaks: Didn't get stutters this time. Hmm. Maybe the plane.

HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I'm getting serious stutters with this installed. This is a new computer, and I haven't yet applied any "anti-stutter" tweaks of any kind yet. Haven't had too, as I've been getting great frame rates with most all sliders maxed out. Will have to dig through the "tweaks and guides" threads now...
    That is odd, even with the night lighting enabled I see zero FPS impact. It may even be better than default, not sure as I am locked at 30 FPS. The only tweaks I did was to run my vanilla FSX.cfg through Jesus Altuve's site (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html).

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I suppose the DX-10 fix is for nightflying only ? I haven't seen any DX-10 anomalies during the day... (haven't done any nightflying yet).

Here are some more screenies :
    Those are phenomenal shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    That is odd, even with the night lighting enabled I see zero FPS impact. It may even be better than default, not sure as I am locked at 30 FPS. The only tweaks I did was to run my vanilla FSX.cfg through Jesus Altuve's site (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html).
    Rgr, it now appears to related to a couple of planes. The VS SBD Dauntless is the worst offender for some reason. The Just Flight Hurricane was what I was flying when I made the above complaint, but I was first flying it without FTX Global turned on. Upon activating it through the "FTX Central" application, got stutters. But some planes, like the A2A Spitfire, no stutters. Will still go over the various tweaks (ty for the link)
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Greece now.
    Thanks for showing Greece Yo Yo!

I always thought that ORBX textures are much on the green side. Such colours would not look right in southern Europe which is a bit more "brown" let's say in many areas. That picture kinda proves that. It would of course also depend on the season and your picture would be OK for springtime in some places. It would also depend a lot on the landclass used.

If any kind soul uses UTX Europe, I would appreciate a few shots of mainland Greece and some islands. I would not want to throw away my GEX setup with which I am quite happy for my area atm.

Guess this city and you'll aquire the utmost respect from yur fellow simmers ( and from Orbx too i suppose ) :

I can not guess the city but I do see a much worrying issue there. A lot of flat roofs showing gables on the bottom right! That was a well known problem caused by ORBX in the past outside their covered areas, because their software altered the RoofDescriptions.xml file. Normally the FTX central would restore that file after going back to default FSX. I wonder if FTX global alters it permanently. I'll take a peak at the ORBX forums to see if there are any reports on this issue.

is there a read me with installation instructions ?

Quote Originally Posted by 10lrrp View Post
    is there a read me with installation instructions ?
    Yes here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...ser-guide-pdf/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

thanks missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks for showing Greece Yo Yo!

If any kind soul uses UTX Europe, I would appreciate a few shots of mainland Greece and some islands. I would not want to throw away my GEX setup with which I am quite happy for my area atm.
    My sentiments also, would love to see what it does to places like Kalymnos, Nisyros, Kos (Salt lake on North side of the island near to Tigaki is a known local VFR landmark), Rhodes, Chios etc... the Aegean and Dodecanese island chains, it's a sticking point for me also (is it just us Greeks are really picky with 'Home' Dimus? )

looks great though, would love to see some more shots before i spend that kind of money...

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Flew around Burlington VT and shot a few Kodaks: Didn't get stutters this time. Hmm. Maybe the plane.

thanks for the picture of my main home base.

David

I can not guess the city but I do see a much worrying issue there. A lot of flat roofs showing gables on the bottom right! That was a well known problem caused by ORBX in the past outside their covered areas, because their software altered the RoofDescriptions.xml file. Normally the FTX central would restore that file after going back to default FSX. I wonder if FTX global alters it permanently. I'll take a peak at the ORBX forums to see if there are any reports on this issue.

I'd like to see some sort of solution for that as well, it's looks terrible.

Perhaps also some screen shots with reduced auto-gen down to middle settings, for comparison.

I can not guess the city but I do see a much worrying issue there. A lot of flat roofs showing gables on the bottom right!
    Ok! So that's what they are ! I was wondering about these things, there are LOTS of em on flat roofs, all around the world. Glad to hear though that it is a fault and that something may be done about it. Actually i hope it's the same thing with very funny 'swimming pool blue' flat roof tops all around Tokyo.... That can't be as it's supposed to be neither...

I'll see if i can head on over to Greece today, see how Mykonos and Skiathos are doing..

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Those are phenomenal shots!
    Thanks, kat. FTXGlobal IS phenomenal so it's not that difficult..

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Sure but NL2000 should work well with FTXG (it's already noo too bad with default FSX), and Blue Sky Scenery is yet to offer the whole of Nevada, they don't need transitions. And dry area are known to be challenging...

But since we can't have photoreal sceneries for the every part of the world, FTXG should be an improvement when flying in-between... At least I really hope so.
    Nope, FTXG will look a bit darker then default, so it still might not match. The only way for photoscenery to match the non photoscenery textues is for the photoscenery developer to color match their photoscenery tiles to match whatever textures they are using and with FTXG being darker than the default, it means more issues for photoscenery developers if they don't have FTXG or whatever texture set the user is using other than what the developer is using.

As for the sharp edges in your images, that is up to the photoscenery developer to crates a blended edge so that it is not that sharp, which is a bit of work.
    Best, Michael

I have yet to commit, though from the pics I have seen of FTX Central, there is no "default" fsx setting only a choice between FTX Global and the three FTX areas. I wonder what happens to the scenery.cfg especially if you want to add new non FTX scenery. Does the scenery layering get automatically sorted out? I've spent so long get FSX running sweetly I don't want to commit to this and find it all gets messed up.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Leaving KGFK to the south:

Looks like a couple of issues with some of textures in this shot. You can see on the bottom left a zone with a yellow tint and just below the aircraft is another spot. Looks like the night texture is being blended with the daytime texture. Was the time around dawn/dusk? and thus FSX being a bit slow swapping textures or could it be always like this in which cause ORBX may have let a mistake through with the base textures. Maybe worth reporting to ORBX if the problem is constant so they can hunt it down and fix it up in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Looks like a couple of issues with some of textures in this shot. You can see on the bottom left a zone with a yellow tint and just below the aircraft is another spot. Looks like the night texture is being blended with the daytime texture. Was the time around dawn/dusk? and thus FSX being a bit slow swapping textures or could it be always like this in which cause ORBX may have let a mistake through with the base textures. Maybe worth reporting to ORBX if the problem is constant so they can hunt it down and fix it up in a patch.
    I noticed that too. Could've been close to dusk, yes. Currently FTX Daytime is activated. I'll check it out.

cheers,
    jan

Leaving Kos:

Afraid it looks like the Salt Lake has dried up... together with Tigaki.... ( or my navigation sucks... )

Rodos:

Athens:

Singapore:

Bangkok:

cheers,
    jan

Came across something really weird in the neighborhood of Luzerne in Switzerland. A nice formation of... houses!!

Attachment 91056

Members who have read this thread: 0