TV Show Airplane Repo On Discovery

Thread: TV Show Airplane Repo On Discovery

TV Show Airplane Repo On Discovery

Just caught the newest episode the other night, and was curious if anyone else watched? If you did what was the name of the airport where they shut the runway lights off when the guy was taking off? I can't help but think this show rides a thin line between reality and scripted drama because to much of it just seems really out there as far as what they can get away with snooping in and around airports in this day and age.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I watched about 10 mins of it about a week ago and decided to not bother with it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Used to watch it when I had Austar but since I got rid of that Have not seen it advertised on any of the FTA Digital channels yet.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I too watched it for about 10 minutes and turned the channel. It's a bunch of scripted BS.

Don

Most of these reality shows start off being more reality than script, but reality gets boring, so the scripting begins.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

ever seen lizard lick towing?.......OMG....i hesitate to even call it bad acting.

and grill bears...yes i know i didnt spell it right,but he was supposed to have been in the "wilds of Alaska" and living off the land,in the segment ,he was fishing in a creek,and dug a snow cave,everything was ok,he was being the cool,hunky stud he is,then sudden drama,he fell in to the icy cold water,OH NO!!!he was in panic mode,he had to calm himself down and not go into shock,after all he IS all alone out in the wilderness...despite the fact there is a film crew with him,and a director and producers and grips and caterers and all kinds of other people behind the scenes ,but he managed to get down into the "snow cone" at the base of a ponderosa pine,,,which i dont believe even grow in alaska.. it was at this point i noticed a blue walled building in the background ,and then a gas station,was quick,but i had the show on DVR,so i spent some time looking,,and remember i recognised the ponderosa pine ,ive seen them all my life,and as i was skimming my way through the show,almost frame by frame,i saw the Donner Lake Statue in the back ground as well.

THIS HAD BEEN FILMED IN TRUCKEE CALIFORNIA,at the south end of Donner Lake,near the campgrounds,the blue walled building is a local mexican restaurant ive eaten at many times...i went to the website for the show,sent an email telling them they were busted..and i got a very polite email in return saying that due to budget restraints,they had to film that ONE segment in Truckee,but they reassured me the rest of the show was in fact filmed in the reality of the actual locations they claim.. my reply back was a short..."LOL..whatever"

Agree with all of you.. Even shows like Pawn Stars have become scripted garbage with a little this is what I have, what will you give me for it thrown in... It was so obvious it wasn't real, take the guy flying the plane with no radios or navigational instruments, but had vehicle GPS (Tom Tom I think) and was flying at night only to get to his destination airport and the lights were off! Then there was the guy sneaking around an airport on the tarmac at night trying to look into all of the hangers, meanwhile security is just steps away.. Sure!

That is to funny Daveroo.. I know, I always go to the "But there is a film crew right there!" Its an insult to anyone's intelligence really!

I was just curious to know what airport that one guy was flying out of because it looked pretty difficult given the surrounding terrain.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Didn't know there was a new season of “Airplane Repo”. I watched the old one, and while I knew there had to be some scripting at work, it seemed there was at least a story they were trying to tell, and it was interesting. This new one, well, it was on this afternoon and I, like many, could only manage the first ten minutes. What a joke.

Same with the Bear Grills guy. Pathetic. At least the other guy, Les Stroud, actually goes out alone and films his own show. And Stroud's show really is a “how to survive” sort of show. Grill's show is a “look how awesome I am” show, jumping off cliffs and such. It's advertised as the same type of show as Stroud's, a "how to survive" type thing, but he does things that no ordinary person could possibly do, and not even Grills would do, without a hundred person team at his disposal. Idiot.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    THIS HAD BEEN FILMED IN TRUCKEE CALIFORNIA . . ."
    Guys, "Island in the Sky" was filmed near Truckee, CA. They did a pretty good job of making the place look like Labrador for the film, it's all camera angles and editing. Wonder if the producers of Mr. Grills' show are aware of this. The only "man against nature" shows that hold any water are those where the subject does his own camera work. Obviously he's alone.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I used to love watching Discovery channel, but now all I watch there are Overhaulin', Auction Hunters and the occasional Mythbusters episode. Nat Geo has the better programs at the moment IMHO.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I used to love watching Discovery channel, but now all I watch there are Overhaulin', Auction Hunters and the occasional Mythbusters episode. Nat Geo has the better programs at the moment IMHO.

i like smithsonian as well

I don't know how many of you remember the actor Connor Trinnear. He played the role of Commander Charles Tucker on the Star Trek: Enterprise series. Shortly after the series was ended he did an interview where he was asked about his career future. He replied that he wasn't sure since the wave of reality TV was destroying the profession of acting. He was right.

Reality TV is cheap because producers keep nearly all the money because there is no limit to gullible people desiring to make fools of themselves for little money. As long as people are ignorant enough to keep watching the drivel, it won't change. It is increasingly impossible to avoid them. Every network on TV is falling over themselves to put more and more of them on the air. Cheap money making entertainment, and the producers pocket most of the profits as they throw out the fools in front of the camera soon as they start realizing how much money they are making for others and try to negotiate a fair cut of it.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    I don't know how many of you remember the actor Connor Trinnear. He played the role of Commander Charles Tucker on the Star Trek: Enterprise series. Shortly after the series was ended he did an interview where he was asked about his career future. He replied that he wasn't sure since the wave of reality TV was destroying the profession of acting. He was right.

Reality TV is cheap because producers keep nearly all the money because there is no limit to gullible people desiring to make fools of themselves for little money. As long as people are ignorant enough to keep watching the drivel, it won't change. It is increasingly impossible to avoid them. Every network on TV is falling over themselves to put more and more of them on the air. Cheap money making entertainment, and the producers pocket most of the profits as they throw out the fools in front of the camera soon as they start realizing how much money they are making for others and try to negotiate a fair cut of it.

Ken
    Read an article a while back about how this whole "reality tv" business really took off after the tv writers went of strike in the 1990s or thereabout. Somebody figured out that this type of show didn't need writers, and they started exploding at that point. In any case, your analysis pretty much sums it up.
    HP Reverb G2

And yesterday I noticed a new one, about the Warlocks motorcycle club. Can you believe this? I only watched one scene, where this one dude rode up to the house of this other dude, who was working on his ride in his garage. So the one dude walks up to the dude in the garage and says “dude, I'm here to get my money”, and the camera switches to the other dude, who says, wiping the grease from his hand, “oh yeah?”, and the camera switches to the other dude, who says “yeah man, you ain't gonna be not stiffin me, dude, or me and my buddies will mess you up dude.” Or something like that anyway. So they had at least two cameras all set up for the surprise visit from the one dude to the other dude.

I was, like, wow, those dudes are tough, man.
    HP Reverb G2