The People's Choice

Thread: The People's Choice

Hybrid View

Paul,

Does this mean the "Bad Duck" is officially finished?

Dave

Norseman, yes..a famous plane, even if only for one infamous flight. Worthy of modeling !

However, can the Defiant voters start faking their chads ( or whatever it is ) and maybe sign on as new users to vote for it again ?

Thank you, Paul. Get in touch with Brian Gladden. He did a bunch of research when he designed his, and even met with or spoke to the designer's daughter. I am looking forward to this one! Please make one version for freight on wheels, skis and floats for us bush fliers!

(and if you can squeeze in an Aztec or Navajo it would be greatly appreciated! )

Don

Don't think you're going to be stuck for something to do this winter, Paul! More power to your polys...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Thank you, Paul. Get in touch with Brian Gladden.

Don
    I would agree. A few years ago when I lamented about the lack of a FSX native Norseman, Brian even offered me the use of his model files. The files were for FSDS but with ModelConverterX they could be converted to a different format if required. I didn't take up Brian's offer as I am strictly a scenery modeller (a man's got to know his limitations).
    Mike Mann

I've flown in two Norseman (Norsemen?) so will have a look at what I have this weekend and scan the necessary.

Cheers,

Martin

Very nice choice.
    Ferror can get more pics of the Aviodrome Norseman, which is under restauration there, I'm sure.

Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

What happend to the Chipmunk!..wasn't a winner but Im sure there were more votes than that...never mind the Norseman will be great

IIRC correctly there are excellent and very detailed three view and cutaways of the Norseman in an old Air Progress from the 60s.
    Dad has a copy of the magazine but I'm not sure how I can get of these as they some distance away and Im not sure he would know how to scan and email ...maybe they are online somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Paul,

Does this mean the "Bad Duck" is officially finished?

Dave
    To put your mind at ease, the duck is not finished and I will be doing more work on it. The duck was my learning model. I was just asked the same question about the Su-37. In truth I have seven aircraft in construction not counting the Norseman. You have to remember that I do this as a hobby for relaxation and to keep my mind active. At times I have to step away from a model to prevent burnout and work on something else.

The process of beginning a new model is a bit involved for me. I spend a lot of time just viewing photos then I setup the 3-views and if they are not accurate and the majority available on the internet are not I have to rework them. Most are poorly scanned and distorted from photo copying. What I have so far leaves a lot to be desired so I will make the best of what I've got until better comes along.

Not a problem Paul, I have all the updates but did not remember a final release and thought I had missed it in the blizzard of new stuff that has been released as of late.

Thanks,

Dave

So the Canadian bubble-topped Chippy didn't make the cut? Darn. The Brit's framed canopy version looks so clunky...

N.