F-4B and C Freeware model WIP shots
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-4B and C Freeware model WIP shots

F-4B and C Freeware model WIP shots

Hello all,
    Myself and a friend, Alex, are working on freeware F-4B and C Phantoms. If we can achieve certain development goals, our intentions are to develop more variants of the Phantom, possibly as payware, and hopefully have TacPac integration.

Both cockpits will be modeled. Radar will be controllable from the back. We are hoping to have little features like having the hook animation be visible in multiplayer... perhaps the RAT as well.

We're very, very excited about this project, and have big plans for the freeware versions! As we are also splitting time amongst other projects, our development is a tad slow... but we hope to have something available in the next few months? Maybe? *Shrugs*.

Anywho, here are some screenshots, and for now you can follow development on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2727742...7634383204664/

Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

I am basically speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by spins_vmfa321 View Post
    Hello all,
    Myself and a friend, Alex, are working on freeware F-4B and C Phantoms. If we can achieve certain development goals, our intentions are to develop more variants of the Phantom, possibly as payware, and hopefully have TacPac integration.

Both cockpits will be modeled. Radar will be controllable from the back. We are hoping to have little features like having the hook animation be visible in multiplayer... perhaps the RAT as well.

We're very, very excited about this project, and have big plans for the freeware versions! As we are also splitting time amongst other projects, our development is a tad slow... but we hope to have something available in the next few months? Maybe? *Shrugs*.

Anywho, here are some screenshots, and for now you can follow development on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2727742...7634383204664/

Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated!

We can never have too many Phantoms, just like there's never enough Mustangs, right? NC

Looks fantastic!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    This is such good news. 2014 looks it's going to be a great year ...

Between the UKMIL and Flying Stations GRs, this model, RFN's F-8, ... lots of virtual kerosene is (hopefully) going to be consumed!

Gauging from your handle, you must have a bit of a USMC bias - any chance of an RF-4? Like with Alphasim's now freeware model, it could serve double duty as an RF-4B/C ... I know there were differences, but I'm sure both the air arms would be happy ...

cheers,

DL

What's the name, when someone just pops in and saves the day?

DEUS EX MACHINA

spins_vmfa321 , Salute you sir. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Freeware?

I'd be willing to pay for a good Phantom, especially if it's a tailhooker. Just sayin'...

Yes, please!!!!!! :ernae:

Edit: Looking great, by the way. Keep up the great work! My hat's off to you polybenders.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    This is such good news. 2014 looks it's going to be a great year ...

Between the UKMIL and Flying Stations GRs, this model, RFN's F-8, ... lots of virtual kerosene is (hopefully) going to be consumed!

Gauging from your handle, you must have a bit of a USMC bias - any chance of an RF-4? Like with Alphasim's now freeware model, it could serve double duty as an RF-4B/C ... I know there were differences, but I'm sure both the air arms would be happy ...

cheers,

DL
    Heya DL,
    We want to do them ALL... but wanting and doing are two separate things, of course. I have constructed the model such that it should be fairly easy to substitute parts. As we've been doing our research, we've discovered so many detail differences between the various models. We would really like to capture all those detail differences as best we can, as we are very nerdy...

And yep, in general I am a bit partial to Marine Aviation. The last unit I served in the Marine Corps was with VMFA-321. In addition to our hornets, we also had an old, gutted F-4S boss bird sitting on our ramp while I was there from 98-2000. So, one small goal of mine is to at least get to the S's so I can paint one up as it. Unfortunately, I also did 7 years in the Air National Guard... so I'm kind of obligated to show the USAF some love too. :P

Jamal

Blog Entries
    This is really great news.....I will be looking for this aircraft as well as A2A to finish their F-4( If and when it done.).
    Screens look fantastic....:salute:

All those wanting access to the paintkit form up smartly on the left.....

Dave

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Looks fantastic!
    That should be "Looks Phantastic!"

And I agree!
    You can't take the sky from me...

Well, if this is the same Jamal from the former I3D, then we're all in for an outstanding treat. His B-1B and T-37 set the mark for add-ons in FS2002.

Thanks for the news Jamal.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Geez, you've got a good memory, Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    We can never have too many Phantoms, just like there's never enough Mustangs, right? NC
    Unlike Mustangs, though, I don't think there are any FSX-native US-model Phantoms, are there? There's the poorly-reviewed AFS F-4F (German model) and the UK birds, as well as some FS2004 portovers.

So unlike Mustangs, where there seem to be over a dozen competing payware packages, this is a fresh offering unless I've missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by spins_vmfa321 View Post
    Geez, you've got a good memory, Storm!
    That and excellent workmanship and attention to detail sets you apart. Nice to see you back at it.

Not sure if you remember me emailing you several years ago. I believe we were both deployed at the time, but at two different locations. Again, welcome back.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

I should add that we're also looking for a gauge programmer to help us flesh this thing out.
    We would like the B/C to have at least basic RADAR functionality. So if anyone knows a good amount of XML or even better C++/GDI+, drop us a pm here.

Modeling is moving ahead, FDE is taking its turn and will start shaping up soon; exterior is nearing the end, the VC is a bit behind in progress but it'll get there. Work is being done in the rear cockpit, to allow for systems and FDE testing with a full instrument panel. The details will be added later, so that the FDE guys have all the instruments in their hands first.
    Attachment 91378Attachment 91381
    The INS is also being implemented slowly through XML to test the functionality. Once I'm done with the VC, I'll try to migrate it over to SimConnect, to make it 100 %shared-cockpit capable.
    You can find updates on the progress here as well: http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine

Thank you for the progress report on the Phantoms. I know they will be very welcomed.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Thanks for the previews. I'll have to remember to use images in the cockpit as place holders for modeling when I start making planes. It also looks like you've modeled the compression ramp to be animated for the inlet. That's good to see, because I don't recall anyone ever modeling it. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    It also looks like you've modeled the compression ramp to be animated for the inlet. That's good to see, because I don't recall anyone ever modeling it. Nice work.
    The ramp is indeed animated, although I have found little info on its scheduling, so I have to improvise a bit.
    What's certain is that it typically first extends at M1.5, and that still changes depending on outside conditions.

If someone has more info on that, we're all ears! :d

Oh Crikey , I'm extremely exciting about this one .. the pure Grey Ghost of the US Navy Wollzer! :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Another developement update for our F-4 Phantom model is up. Work is well underway and Jamal has done a great job on the exterior model!

Here are some screenies:

Attachment 93874
    Attachment 93875
    Attachment 93876

More news updates, information and screenshots can be found here: Developement Blog

Additionally, if anyone has RL F-4 experience, please PM me or Jamal (Spins_VMFA321 above).

SIR With the flamboyant paints of the 60 and 70s , this is going to be a RIPPER <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 206