Vladimir's Mi-6 Landing Light Problem

Thread: Vladimir's Mi-6 Landing Light Problem

Vladimir's Mi-6 Landing Light Problem

I just downloaded the wonderful Mi-6 by Vladimir Zhygulskiy (at avsim_su).
    An outstanding quality product!
    There is one problem though: The landing/taxi lights hover about 30ft above the aircraft.
    They are unfortunately mdl hard-coded.
    Apart from the author, would anybody have a clue how to access the parameters?
    In the mean time I have new landing lights in the right position assigned to the strobes - only half a solution though as they don't fold.

Attachment 89158

Regards, Stuart

That is one of the things Vlad will more than likely fix in the next release(this one being a beta release).I like this new big-6 as well!

Stuart,
    Thank you for the heads up on this big beautiful bird! I love the eye candy. Granted I cannot read the manual but at least Vladimir put in plenty of big pictures. Again, thank you very much!

I didn't even know that this was a beta...
    Thanks to Horus I found out!
    A few years ago Vladimir publshed the Mi-8, still the best (incl. payware) today!
    This, IMHO looks even better!
    I've been working on the supplied sound files this morning, most are not even required by the cfg to get a richer, more saturated, heavy sound, utilising the original files as they are good, just very flat. Sound editing software can do wonders!
    This, as a final release, will undoubtably be one of the best helicopters out there!
    The cockpit and VC are quite straight forward for a Russian bird, without lack of quality, and the startup works with ctrl+shift+F4 without having to mess around... Great!
    Not to forget the superb animations, truck loading etc, and 2 models in 7 paints!

Attachment 89210 Attachment 89211 Attachment 89212

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Stuart for finding this excellent helicopter. I had an Mi-6 in the hangar but it wasn't like this one, and a comparison between the two has proven your points to be exactly right. If the beta is this good, I'm wondering what the finished product will look like. BTW Zsoltquack has a new skin out for the aircraft that hopefully he'll release, looks good!:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    I didn't even know that this was a beta...
    Thanks to Horus I found out!
    A few years ago Vladimir publshed the Mi-8, still the best (incl. payware) today!
    This, IMHO looks even better!
    I've been working on the supplied sound files this morning, most are not even required by the cfg to get a richer, more saturated, heavy sound, utilising the original files as they are good, just very flat. Sound editing software can do wonders!
    This, as a final release, will undoubtably be one of the best helicopters out there!
    The cockpit and VC are quite straight forward for a Russian bird, without lack of quality, and the startup works with ctrl+shift+F4 without having to mess around... Great!
    Not to forget the superb animations, truck loading etc, and 2 models in 7 paints!

Attachment 89210 Attachment 89211 Attachment 89212
    Hello,

I would appreciate if you help me
    What value should be rewritten to the right place lit the landing light?

Thank you!
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi Zsolt,

What I did was to assign all other lighting to '3' in the cfg. (incl. strobes, beacons and position lights).
    The landing lights configuration I have is:

light.9 = 2, 34.30, 0.35, -6.50, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old , // or any other landing light!
    light.10 = 2, 34.30, -0.35,-6.50, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old , // or any other landing light!

These are assigned to the strobes, so you can easily switch them on or off with the 'O' key.
    The disadvantage is that you don't get the 'folding' landing light animation.
    The misplaced 'overhead' taxi/landing lights can be disabled in the top panel.

I hope it helped, waiting for the final release..

Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 1