Sibwings Antonov an2

Thread: Sibwings Antonov an2

Sibwings Antonov an2

Has anyone installed the new Antonov in Prepar3D ??
    I've tried but this message appears:

"""PatchDLLXml.exe not functioning"""

Strange is that after that the procedure of installation continues, asks for the key, and the installation ends
    The plane is installed in my SimObjects;
    When I try to load the plane the Sim crashes !!!!
    Is the first time, after many old and new free or payware I installed in the past.!!!!!!
    Any suggestions to solve the problem ????

Italo

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Has anyone installed the new Antonov in Prepar3D ??
    I've tried but this message appears:

"""PatchDLLXml.exe not functioning"""

Strange is that after that the procedure of installation continues, asks for the key, and the installation ends
    The plane is installed in my SimObjects;
    When I try to load the plane the Sim crashes !!!!
    Is the first time, after many old and new free or payware I installed in the past.!!!!!!
    Any suggestions to solve the problem ????

Italo
    Same exact situation for me as well.........she installed into the sim but ..............:isadizzy::isadizzy:
    There was something else that loaded with it (I forget what it was) and I think that's what's screwing things up.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I don't have it yet, so Im no help.

Have you posted to their forums or emailed them for a fix?
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I don't have it yet, so Im no help.

Have you posted to their forums or emailed them for a fix?
    No, not yet, but I will tonight !!
    Italo

Blog Entries
    You need to copy the folder "Simwings" into your P3D main folder, and you need to copy the Simwings entry from your FSX DLL File , otherwise you'll get a CTD.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    You need to copy the folder "Simwings" into your P3D main folder, and you need to copy the Simwings entry from your FSX DLL File , otherwise you'll get a CTD.

Ian.
    Everything went into the P3D main folder. There's no simwings or sibwings entry in FSX at all.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Wrote to Sibwings, got quick answer from Alex and went to fly without any problem

Here Alex's solution concerning dll.xml

(quote) You need to add one more section:
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SibWings service module</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

and it will fly!

We'll update preapr3d compatibility with next update.
    (unquote)

Italo

Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Wrote to Sibwings, got quick answer from Alex and went to fly without any problem

Here Alex's solution concerning dll.xml

(quote) You need to add one more section:
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>

and it will fly!

We'll update preapr3d compatibility with next update.
    (unquote)

Italo
    you gotta be joking !!? What is that ??? Swahili ?? I'll wait for the update, thankyou.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

You just need to add those lines to dll.xml to get proper dll module loaded with the plane. Installer doesn't add that automatically to P3D dll.xml. Several other models use similar addon modules like A2A accusim planes and if they aren't loaded with the plane, it won't function properly. This is not complicated procedure at all.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrunt View Post
    You just need to add those lines to dll.xml to get proper dll module loaded with the plane. Installer doesn't add that automatically to P3D dll.xml. Several other models use similar addon modules like A2A accusim planes and if they aren't loaded with the plane, it won't function properly. This is not complicated procedure at all.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Anyone speak English here ??? dll.xml ?? I've been a real life pilot since I was 16........and now I have to learn computer programming ??

Sent from my keyboard using 1 finger....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Anyone speak English here ??? dll.xml ?? I've been a real life pilot since I was 16........and now I have to learn computer programming ??

Sent from my keyboard using 1 finger....
    Ok Lucky,
    First, make sure that your computer is set up to show all folders, you can do this by typing "Folder options" into Help and Support". When you have done a search for it, the No 1 option is "Change Folder Options" click that, then "Click to Open Folder Options". That will bring up a panel called unsurprisingly Folder option, which has three tabs, General, View & Search. Now click "View "from there you will see "Hidden Files and Folders", now put the tit in "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives", Click "Apply" (you can leave this open and change it back when you've finished if you so want"

Now go to the address "C:\Users\(Your name here)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D" where you will find the dll file which is an XML document, you need to right click this and open with Notepad and add (after making a backup):
    <Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>
    Here is the entry from my dll file, showing it's relationship with the entry above it (for FSUIPC in my case, yours will probably be different). Note the "Launch Addon entry is repeated at the top of the SibWings entry (slightly different for the end of the entry & the beginning of the next one) and the </SimBase.Document>

</Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>

I hope this doesn't sound to complicated as I've tried to explain it the best way I can, maybe others could have done a better job of it, but if you follow it step by step it should work ok, let us know how you get on!
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Ian.
    P.S if you haven't got a dll file in your Prepar3D folder, simply copy the one from the FSX folder.

Ok Lucky,
    First, make sure that your computer is set up to show all folders, you can do this by typing "Folder options" into Help and Support". When you have done a search for it, the No 1 option is "Change Folder Options" click that, then "Click to Open Folder Options". That will bring up a panel called unsurprisingly Folder option, which has three tabs, General, View & Search. Now click "View "from there you will see "Hidden Files and Folders", now put the tit in "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives", Click "Apply" (you can leave this open and change it back when you've finished if you so want"

Now go to the address "C:\Users\(Your name here)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D" where you will find the dll file which is an XML document, you need to right click this and open with Notepad and add (after making a backup):
    <Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>
    Here is the entry from my dll file, showing it's relationship with the entry above it (for FSUIPC in my case, yours will probably be different). Note the "Launch Addon entry is repeated at the top of the SibWings entry (slightly different for the end of the entry & the beginning of the next one) and the </SimBase.Document>

</Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>

I hope this doesn't sound to complicated as I've tried to explain it the best way I can, maybe others could have done a better job of it, but if you follow it step by step it should work ok, let us know how you get on!
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Ian.
    P.S if you haven't got a dll file in your Prepar3D folder, simply copy the one from the FSX folder.

Thanks Ian for your help: I would have liked to explain to LuckyDog , but you did a faster and better job :salute:
    Italo

Ok Lucky,

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Ian.

When I put the "tit" in the "show hidden files folder", I got a bunch of naked Lindsey Lohan pictures......
    What's with the constant use of "greater than >" symbols ?? And the </ ?? Is that greater than but........oops???
    I love that "Disabled-false- disabled" line !! I haven't laughed so hard since wild pigs ate my mother-in-law.
    I'm gonna "ManualLoad" a dll pckl on my hm/chs sndwch, then follow the <path> to my module and download.

You guys are hilarious!!!

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    When I put the "tit" in the "show hidden files folder", I got a bunch of naked Lindsey Lohan pictures......
    What's with the constant use of "greater than >" symbols ?? And the </ ?? Is that greater than but........oops???
    I love that "Disabled-false- disabled" line !! I haven't laughed so hard since wild pigs ate my mother-in-law.
    I'm gonna "ManualLoad" a dll pckl on my hm/chs sndwch, then follow the <path> to my module and download.

You guys are hilarious!!!

Sounds like me when I started to learn XML code. Welcome to the world of XML. The entire FS structure is almost all XML and C++. XML is basically like HTML or web browser code. When you learn the basics of how it works, its all down hill from there.

This reminds me, I need to put this into the wish list at Prepar3D forums; auto DLL.XML listing generating.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members who have read this thread: 1