Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

That has to be one of the best VCs on sale at the moment. I love the piano-key black wheel.

Truly breathtaking work!!!! The waiting has been more than worth it!

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Of course............... Two days after I spent a load of money on a major computer overhaul, and days before I even have the time to reinstall FsX....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Staggeringly good modeling, a real visual treat!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Just downloaded! Gets a stickie
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    That has to be one of the best VCs on sale at the moment. I love the piano-key black wheel.
    Apart from the huge ugly yoke shadow on the panel... and the texture tearing on the yoke...

Btw, anyone notice the whiskey compass is missing?

Otherwise gorgeous! I really love this plane.

Just a few quick shots of my first flight with ORBX scenery (Dx10 with Steve Parsons shaders and lights fix).

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

What a beauty and super shots Roger.

Looks a goodie and at the price Kwel <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Impressions so far, this Staggerwing seems to be par for the course for Alabeo/Carenado release. Very beautiful visuals at the expense of system depth.

There is no real documentation other than simple specs list. No checklist, no power settings/fuel burn charts. Can't comment too much on FDE as I don't have any real time in a Staggerwing. If Bernt Stolle did it I would imagine it is pretty realistic. The prop control behavior seems goofy tho. Seem to be getting more 'power' by pulling the prop control back. With no documentation its hard to tell if this is realistic or not. It would be nice to also have the fuel system and recommended fuel tank order explained in some sort of manual.

Mag compass missing numbers. I also can't find an alternate air/carb heat switch and the carb temp gauge appears to be inop. Mag switch behaved goofy during mag check, unable to properly cycle mags during runup check.

Sounds wise seem pretty good, tho to me the interior flaps and gear sounds seem excessively loud compared to the engine. It has been my experience even in a 172, you can't really hear the flap motor over the engine. This could also be my own volume settings.

Animations in the VC seem pretty good, tho the Stag's car style windows don't appear to roll up or down.

I have always wanted an FSX Staggerwing so I didn't wait until this went to the F1 wrapper like I usually do with Alabeo/Carenado products. Hindsight I wish I would have waited.

Again, visually it is very beautiful, no doubt it will be the subject of many beautiful screenshots like the above beauties taken by Roger. FDE could be good but without documentation or any references it is hard to know for sure.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The compass issue has been fixed. Just log into your account and download the installer again.

What about the prop power being backwards? Bug or feature?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Its fixed? this soon after release? why didn't they just do a check before releasing the darn thing? *sigh*

Holly Smokes! $19.95? What a beauty, what a value!

Must admit it is great value for money... decent pricing!

For not much over a tenner (Uk £10.00) I can't believe what you get for your money! This is not a complex aircraft and systems and such are not that relevant. It looks great and adds a great deal to my FsX escape from reality. I love it and am impressed with their rapid compass fix...we could have waited weeks for this were it another developer.

SYSTEM :

Charter Member 2012
    Great work Alabeo team - im lovin it - as good as the Waco

Just finished my download. Going to install and test fly now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I'm convinced. I'll buy it this week and fire up FS for the first time in months...

LPXO

Does it have a vintage cockpit panel, looks like some modern stuff in the screenshots?

Members +
    Thanx TJ,an honest appraisal is very important to a prospective buyer.I do not know of any real world driver of this plane,and that's too bad.However they are out in the real world at $195.000 a copy! So pilots do exist.Flight Manuals avaiable for purests, here... http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/C43.html ...I will wait a bit,hearing from Sim Test Pilots..Visually its a dream...I will look at Rogers Pictures, a bit more ,and probley add this Classic to my Bulging Hanger...Thanx Vin!

Teisco, what you see in Roger's screenies is what the VC looks like. It is seems to be a mix of vintage and modern. Heading indicator is the old horizontal style for instance. There is a single Nav/Com with CDI, no glideslope tho. No GPS, no transponder. Standard external lighting...Navs, Beacon, LL.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 46