Bad Duck New Version Posted (FSX Freeware)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Duck New Version Posted (FSX Freeware)

Bad Duck New Version Posted (FSX Freeware)

I just posted the latest version of the "Bad Duck" here at SOH for those who wish to try it. It's still a WIP but a lot more has been done. There is no password so no donation requirement needed. Hope you enjoy it and don't hesitate to let me know if something is screwed up. Please read the ReadMe file attached.

Paul

I'm waiting for it so I can "Quack" some more. (Just took the old one for a spin in some new Wash state scenery I installed yesterday).

Paul C.

Thanks Paul, really appreciated!

Huub

Looking forward to this new iteration...

Fleurdelys

It's up in downloads now! Will be flying later today.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Nice improvements over the previous model. I love the blue flames out the exhaust pipes.

Here we are taking off from Whidbey Island NAS going to Oak Harbor on the other side of the island. Looks Good!

Best, Paul C.

Attachment 87282

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Nice improvements over the previous model. I love the blue flames out the exhaust pipes.
    TuFun did a nice job on the effects and I tied the blue flame to the head temperature for now. I want to use the yellow sooty flames and the blue in conjunction with the mixture settings in the future.

Would someone be so kind as to provide a link to the download. I am not able to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Hibben

Here you are, Tom: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=16369

Thank you Paul for this latest version of the Duck - I can't wait to take it up for some new flights and splashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Here you are, Tom: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=16369

Thank you Paul for this latest version of the Duck - I can't wait to take it up for some new flights and splashes.
    Thank you Bomber

Tom

Blog Entries
    Once again...a real winner!!! Thanks Paul:salute:
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

thanks Paul..ive downloaded it..but not yet installed..saw something about a paint kit "make request"?...did i mis-understand?..or do i need to make this request?...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    thanks Paul..ive downloaded it..but not yet installed..saw something about a paint kit "make request"?...did i mis-understand?..or do i need to make this request?...lol...
    The original paint kit got so complicated with three different models that I am now breaking them up for each of the models. When I get it together I'll post a link for download. One of the problems I encountered was with the wing floats. Currently you can only paint them one color due to the way I overlaid the UVW maps. Since there are already some repaints done it would screw them up if I were to correct this. There was only one paint scheme that had two color wing floats and that was the USCG WWII version three tone paint, (sorry jankees), all other paint schemes had one color floats.

Charter Member 2015
    Thank you Paul for this lovely plane. Great work :salute:

Paul ...... This is a great plane I really like the way it flies. But ........... I have one problem... I can't get the gear to roll up. Am I supposed to unlock it or something?
    Thanks for the great plane. Yes I did read the read_me.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Paul ...... This is a great plane I really like the way it flies. But ........... I have one problem... I can't get the gear to roll up. Am I supposed to unlock it or something?
    Thanks for the great plane. Yes I did read the read_me.
    The standard [G] key or clicking on the crank handle in the VC should toggle the gear. You should see the crank turning and the gear indicator moving. The gear takes 30 seconds to fully retract. There is no sound when the gear is retracting or extending, I need to make a custom ratchet sound for it.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Charter Member 2015
    No, it's Ok for me.

I am uploading a set of textures for the J2F-4 model.

They represent "historically correct" pre-war silver-grey ducks. I hope you enjoy them!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    The standard [G] key or clicking on the crank handle in the VC should toggle the gear. You should see the crank turning and the gear indicator moving. The gear takes 30 seconds to fully retract. There is no sound when the gear is retracting or extending, I need to make a custom ratchet sound for it.

I tryed that key and clicking on the handle and it never went up. Don't know what I did. I may just download again.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post

I may be able to help you with the handle cranking sound, Paul...gimme some time...just let me know EXACTLY how long you want the sound duration.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    I may be able to help you with the handle cranking sound, Paul...gimme some time...just let me know EXACTLY how long you want the sound duration.
    That would be very much welcomed! I downloaded a few ratchet sounds and played with them but sound is a new thing for me to learn.
    In the aircraft.cfg under [contact_points] these points determine the extension and retraction times by the 12th and 13th values respectively. In this case they are all set to 20 and 30 seconds.

point.0 = 1, -16.1456, 0, -4.9700, 1600, 0, 0.375, 30, 0.38, 2.5, 1.64, 20, 30,1, 0, 0
    point.1 = 1, 1.875, -5, -9.1215, 1800, 1, 1.2, 0, 0.34, 2.5, 1, 20, 30, 2, 0, 0
    point.2 = 1, 1.8604, 5, -9.1273, 1800, 2, 1.2, 0, 0.34, 2.5, 1, 20, 30, 3, 0, 0

You can adjust these if you wish with the following consideration. The real duck requires 47 revolutions of the crank handle and it was not easy retracting so I just estimated these times to what seemed about right.

Due to the 100 frame animation setting in the stock code I was limited to only 25 revolutions of the crank handle (I didn't want to rewrite the gear code) to get the correct number of turns but you don't have to worry about it since the animation time will follow the settings in the CFG.

Thank you in advance,
    Paul

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Just making a parenthesis on Paul's excellent Duck to say that, Cirrus, your system as described in your sig, is capable of producing much higher quality images with excellent FPS. I believe it mas mentioned to you also in another thread. You should really check antializing and use Nvidia inspector to make your visuals much better. Check out any of the tuning guides like Nick Needham's or Kostas on the net.

Back on topic, I have enjoyed the previous version of the Bad Duck a lot. I hope I will find some time tonight to splash around with this latest incarnation. Thank you Paul for your generosity, persistence and amazing attention to detail.