Daughter graduating from High School

Thread: Daughter graduating from High School

Daughter graduating from High School

My youngest daughter graduates from Mascoutah High School today. Her mom and I are so proud of her. Hard to believe that I graduated from Stuttgart American High School 30 years ago.

T.

Blog Entries

Funny you should mention this...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT
    My youngest daughter graduates from Mascoutah High School today. Her mom and I are so proud of her. Hard to believe that I graduated from Stuttgart American High School 30 years ago T.
    After I retired in 85, I still worked for the Army as a contractor in Italy... and in sometime in 89 or 90 I went to organize and teach an EMT course in Stuttgart along with another Hispanic doctor and a senior nurse. And they had just started construction on a new American High School... well, guess what... they were closing down Stuttgart and taking most dependents out... BUT THE HIGH SCHOOL STILL HAD TO BE FINISHED!!! by contract with a German engineering company!!!! Anyway... fortunately, I think Stuttgart came back to life with the Gulf War 2, etc. and they put it to use eventually... haven't been back that way (was over in Landstuhl until 2009 when we finally came back home to sunny California) Now we are going back for a year to Schweinfurt... my wife decided to take a contract for a year to medically process out the folks from Iraq and Afghanistan [she was in Kabul for 18 months) and retired from a Navy job here in San Diego... We have lived in Germany on and off for many years... still have a house in Vicenza, Italy which I hope to sell this time... getting too old to go there, especially in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    My youngest daughter graduates from Mascoutah High School today. Her mom and I are so proud of her. Hard to believe that I graduated from Stuttgart American High School 30 years ago. T.
    Well, you'll should be proud of her. Don't blame you for telling the whole world. My brother's oldest grandchild is also graduating from high school today.

SgtT, I've got 20 years on you. I graduated from high school 50 years ago on May 28, 1963. Tempus fugit...time flies.

RD

Blog Entries

You young punks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Well, you'll should be proud of her. Don't blame you for telling the whole world. My brother's oldest grandchild is also graduating from high school today.

SgtT, I've got 20 years on you. I graduated from high school 50 years ago on May 28, 1963. Tempus fugit...time flies.

RD
    I graduated from High School in 1954!

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I graduated from High School in 1954!
    geeeze i read your first post as graduating in 1985...i couldnt..for my life..understand how you could be 75 and graduated in '85...i may be a walking stump....but sheeesh atleast i graduated on time...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    My youngest daughter graduates from Mascoutah High School today. Her mom and I are so proud of her. Hard to believe that I graduated from Stuttgart American High School 30 years ago.

T.
    congrats to your youngest....i made it to that day 33 years ago..it was a Saturday afternoon as well,but they kept delaying and delaying,we had all sat in our chairs on the football field from 11 am until 3:30pm when id had enough...the Pit Gate at the race track closed at 5pm and i had an hours drive to the track and then traffic to make my way through,as i left the football field,one of the office admin women tried to stop me,said i wasnt allowed to leave school grounds and if i did,,i wouldnt recieve my diploma...i mumbled a few choice words about points racing.and left...race car on the trailer behind me..i had to pass behind the grandstands,the road is on a hill and people could see me,we had a bigrig airhorn on our towrig and i laid on that sucker with a nice long blast.(later while in the fire department,i learned to make an airhorn "sing",we had compitations in parades doing that..was a blast) ..but i won the dash and my heat that night..3rd in the main...and the vice principle came to the races and gave me my diploma..which was cool...

Congratulations to the young lady! That's a major milestone in life. I wish her the best with her future plans.

I left HS early (in my junior year) to join the Army, but I made up for it with a GED and then a Bachelor's of Science degree later on. Both of those were courtesy of the Army and the GI Bill.

I got to come home from a deployment to see my son graduate. He's now a soldier. I was between deployments when my daughter graduated and she is now at university. I was never prouder than when I watched my two children graduate so I fully understand your pride and probably your tears at your daughter's accomplishment.

By the way, I was just in Stuttgart last year visiting some army buddies and the two sons of one of them are going to the American High School there.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    geeeze i read your first post as graduating in 1985...i couldnt..for my life..understand how you could be 75 and graduated in '85...i may be a walking stump....but sheeesh atleast i graduated on time...
    Don't I wish... I retired from the Army in 85! No regrets though... I hope I make it to 114 - provided health holds...

Gaucho,
    If that's you @ 75, you're livin damn well!

Blog Entries

well, there is some interior damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Gaucho,
    If that's you @ 75, you're livin damn well!
    I am in relatively good physical shape for my age... but was diagnosed with
    essential hypertension at age 65 (well controlled with medication) and diabetes
    Type II, as well as got cataract surgery back in Germany in 2009... but with
    my "bionic " lenses I can see 20-20 and only need reading glasses...
    All in all, I say not bad for my age. Live in a retirement community and you
    should see our population.... all living wrinkles with myriad medical problems...
    Every time the red firefighter trucks come in... it is the paramedics... folks
    die right and left every week here (it is a very big Dell Webb development)
    I suspected way back in Med school that it is not so much how you live but
    what you get in genes... I lucked out in my Spanish Basque, Italian, French and
    native South American gene lottery....