Guitarists need to see this

Thread: Guitarists need to see this

Guitarists need to see this

I know there are several guitarists frequenting SOH, you need to see this, a new gizmo for tuning from Gibson. Pretty spiffy, At first I thought it was one of those fake things, but seems pretty genuine to me.

Not sure if it would work on other brands of guitar, though I can't see why not

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Min-ETune.aspx.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

What will they think of next! :isadizzy:

It would be a total waste of time on my axe though as I have a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge with a locking nut. My (fine) tuning is done on the bridge not the machine heads.
    Larry

Gibson’s revolutionary Robot Les Paul Studio Limited is unique in many ways, but the “robot-like” Robot Tuners™ that grace the headstock are extraordinary. Pull out the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited’s Multi-Control Knob (MCK) and watch the Robot Tuners™ spring into action. It takes only a few seconds for the Robot Tuners™ to tune the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited to the desired tuning. Each tuning peg is equipped with a tiny, but powerful, servo motor that kicks into action once the system is activated. The Robot Tuners™ rely on the strings themselves to send the signals, eliminating any potential for interference. Made of lightweight metal with a satin nickel finish, the Robot Tuners™ weigh only 46.5 grams each. A standard Gotoh tuner weighs in at 49 grams. That means a set of Robot Tuners™ weigh a full 15 grams less than a set of Gotoh tuners, which is another indicator of the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited’s true innovation.

I copied this directly from the Gibson website and it looks like these "Robot Tuning Keys" would be adaptable to any guitar using the 3 per side headstock. It's cool technology if you play a lot of songs using other tunings such as "dropped D" or an "Open" tuning. Since I no longer play on-stage they are a bit too pricey for me, the SG lists at @$3395.usd but I can see a use for it if you are playing pro gigs.Attachment 88148

Blog Entries
    lol, another fine mess
    here is my gibsons
    http://ronnylarson.com/
    Look What I Have Become!

Hey All,

Thanks for posting Ickie! I like a lot of your music and I admit a number of your guitars - the strat and tele in particular. I can't tell what the acoustics are.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Ickie nice collection there. I had a listen your vocal especially on 'Loraine' reminded me so much of this guy...

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    lol, another fine mess
    here is my gibsons
    http://ronnylarson.com/
    That's a real nice collection of guitars you have there Ron, enjoyed the recordings too! I sold off my electric guitars and only kept a couple of my acoustics for my musical habit these days. I got rid of a Gibson ES-335 custom shop edition and Gretsch Country Club that I had for years along with the Roland JC-120 amp.Now I use a Yamaha APX series acoustic/electric running through a Fender Acoustasonic and a custom made Klema
    from a Chech luthier named Martin Klema. Too bad we are so far away from each other,I'd love to get together and do a little picking! Attachment 89353