A Modeler's "Aw-Crap!" Moment

Thread: A Modeler's "Aw-Crap!" Moment

A Modeler's "Aw-Crap!" Moment

The -6 model was almost done then I went to the "Planes of Fame" air show and there was a -6 duck. I took one look at it and thought aw-crap, now I have to alter the fuselage and re-map it all over again. I haven't fixed the error in the fuselage in these pictures and you probably can't tell what it is but I do.

I added the fx_lights in the CFG so those who want to use the Shockwave lights can when I post the update. They are still subject to change in the future. The update will include TuFun's very nice startup and exhaust effects and his sound editing. Fentiflier1 has made two beautiful -4 squadron repaints that will be included and Jankees' down and dirty three tone repaint and you know how nice his are.

There are now three models, (-4 which is the same as the -3 and -2A), the -5 and -6. The gauges now have radium paint for night flying and a lot more of the gauges have been coded. I'm hoping to have the update posted soon.

Yes a United States Air Force Duck.

Paul

Attachment 86473Attachment 86474Attachment 86475

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It nice to be able to find a plane in person to model it from, take close up pictures, etc.

'Before.....' you build it.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

cool, that USAF paint. I'll try and finish my paint tomorrow...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I know that feeling all too well, Paul. Thankfully, this last time around things just worked out very nicely indeed. I spent a few hours crawling all over an ex-Southwest 737-200 at Kansas Air Museum this last weekend, and was so very pleasantly surprised at just how accurate we (that is Milviz) managed to get both the exterior and interior models...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit