T-28D Trojan released. payware - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: T-28D Trojan released. payware

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Is it just me or is the attitude indicator inverted? It may be the old school gauge but it seems backwards and not natural...

Anyway it looks cool, flies well, has an ILS gauge so that's great for me. The sounds come in a little muffled on my end... I thought the plane would be more "Throaty." Maybe it's something wrong on my end?

I like the soundpack. I don't find it muffled in VC mode, but I do find the high MP/high RPM note a touch "raspy" to my ears. Lower power settings sound really nice!

Just an opinion - I've never flown in a Trojan!

Congratulations on the release, Anthony! The finished product looks gorgeous (it looks very realistic, and accurate (great job, amongst everything else, on the glass materials!)), and I can't wait to pick it up as soon as I get the opportunity.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by FentiFlier1 View Post
    I like the soundpack. I don't find it muffled in VC mode, but I do find the high MP/high RPM note a touch "raspy" to my ears. Lower power settings sound really nice!

Just an opinion - I've never flown in a Trojan!
    I meant in the external view. VC is fine. I'm no Trojan expert either.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I tried the demo and at least the single cockpit version did not have a noticeable impact on my frame rates. So far, my criticisms are:
    1) That the engine sounds seem too low and soft from inside the cockpit.
    2) The aircraft seems very light on the controls.
    3) Being a modern day flier, I'd really like to see modern radios in the cockpit and maybe even a gps mounted somewhere in the cockpit.

But this is a beautiful model and considering what you get, it is well worth the small asking price. Gotta grab my credit card right now!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Ok, I went to the Ants website to read up on it. I understand there is a USN paint, but without a tailhook, correct? NC

Update: ok, reread, and see that only the "D" model has been released. "C" Model had hook.

Tried the demo and decided to buy it. Love it so far....and it's hard to argue with such an agreeable price! Runs like butter on my mid-range machine. Congratulations on a beautiful release, Anthony!
    -Mark

Sorry to be so picky but I'm also having troubles reading The Switch Panel with the red backlit lighting...

Maybe it's my video card settings, can anyone offer any suggestions?

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Great aircraft:ernae: and good to see Dx10 lights are catered for!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Dang. :isadizzy: I've been waiting all morning to see when this is available at FS Pilot Shop. Can't figure out why its taking so long.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I tried the demo and at least the single cockpit version did not have a noticeable impact on my frame rates. So far, my criticisms are:
    3) Being a modern day flier, I'd really like to see modern radios in the cockpit and maybe even a gps mounted somewhere in the cockpit.
    Personally, I like these aircraft modeled as they were rather than as updated modern toys.

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Attachment 85976

Shot from P3D. Works fine in FSX and P3D.
    Thanks mate. Will get this tomorrow!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Dang. :isadizzy: I've been waiting all morning to see when this is available at FS Pilot Shop. Can't figure out why its taking so long.
    I hear ya! The waiting is the hardest part.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Sorry to be so picky but I'm also having troubles reading The Switch Panel with the red backlit lighting...

Maybe it's my video card settings, can anyone offer any suggestions?
    That's what it looks like I'm afraid. I found out something interesting making this aircraft. Everytime you create a new VC entry it gobbles up about 50MB of RAM at runtime. To make the lighting system I used about 23 VC entries which ate nearly 1GB of RAM. I had reduce the nice pretty 1024x1024 VC textures down to 512x512 or even 256x256 to get the RAM load under control. The Switch panel suffered worst because of this reduction in resolution.

You can improve it be changing the VC resolution by changing all the 512,512 lines to 1024,1024 but as I said this will increase RAM usage considerably. This is the VC entry for the switch panel lights:
    // Panel RH lights
    [VCockpit03]
    size_mm=512,512
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$pan03
    background_color=0,0,0
    gauge00=T28DGauges!T28D_Light_Panel_RH, 0,0,512,512

Ran the Demo. . . . . Now I have 3 mins remaining on my new T-28D!!

Amazing Job!

Jonathan

P.S. Correction, 2 mins remaining..... (Come on already!)

Flew it, bought it, LOVE it!!

It's a little bit magic

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    That's what it looks like I'm afraid. I found out something interesting making this aircraft. Everytime you create a new VC entry it gobbles up about 50MB of RAM at runtime. To make the lighting system I used about 23 VC entries which ate nearly 1GB of RAM. I had reduce the nice pretty 1024x1024 VC textures down to 512x512 or even 256x256 to get the RAM load under control. The Switch panel suffered worst because of this reduction in resolution.

You can improve it be changing the VC resolution by changing all the 512,512 lines to 1024,1024 but as I said this will increase RAM usage considerably. This is the VC entry for the switch panel lights:
    // Panel RH lights
    [VCockpit03]
    size_mm=512,512
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$pan03
    background_color=0,0,0
    gauge00=T28DGauges!T28D_Light_Panel_RH, 0,0,512,512
    Thanks... that helped a lot!

Any ideas on the attitude indicator being inverted? Or am I just an idiot?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Wow, I love this airplane. No tailhook so I deck landed okay without it. Survived, but I think I burned out the brakes. Deck launch was much easier. Been waiting for a very long time for an FSX Trojan and this one is well worth the wait.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Oh man, of course this is released while I am out of town. I know what I'll be doing first thing when I get back on Sunday!

She looks absolutely brilliant! Hope she does well for you Ant! :ernae:

just flew the demo - Anthony has made an exquisite model of the T-28

I run a modest I-5 based rig and noticed smooth frame rates in fair weather over KORS Orcas Island and Friday Harbor KFHR

I will definitely buy this beauty oh youbetcha
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Is it just me or is the attitude indicator inverted? It may be the old school gauge but it seems backwards and not natural...

Anyway it looks cool, flies well, has an ILS gauge so that's great for me. The sounds come in a little muffled on my end... I thought the plane would be more "Throaty." Maybe it's something wrong on my end?
    You may be right about the attitude indicator. I may have been confused as the aircraft had A-1, J-8 and J-3 attirude indicators at various times. The J-3 action was inverted. I'm sure I had a good reason for doing it the way I did, but then again maybe I got confused, I did the gauge so long ago I can't remember what my reasoning was. Something for the patch probably.

Important thing to note about the engine is that the RPM of the engine is actually rather low (only about 1600-1800rpm), a gearbox ups this for the propeller so that the prop goes at 2700rpm so the plane, even when at full throttle, just goes thump,thump,thump,thump. Interior sounds were recorded from the rear seat, exterior sounds were recorded from ground runups, the full throttle exterior sound I manufactured from a mixture of a flyby and the interior sound as it's pretty impossible to record full throttle exterior sounds cleanly.

BTW Had an email from fspilotshop this morning and they said they will add the plane to their store in the next day or two.

Blog Entries
    TOTALLY AWESOME AIRCRAFT!!! WOW WOW WOW!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    BTW Had an email from fspilotshop this morning and they said they will add the plane to their store in the next day or two.
    I didn't want to miss out on all the fun, so I went to the Flightsim Store. Great plane. I just love it. Thanks, much. :salute::salute:
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thought I'd try out the demo first, although I don't know why. I have all of Ant's other planes. Anyway, having a strange issue that may just be demo related. I can't get the throttle below 50% using my CH quadrant. Haven't had that issue on any other plane. I can pull the throttle all the way back using my mouse in the VC, but when I use my throttle lever on the quadrant, it jumps immediately to 50%, and I only have 50-100% as the range of throw on the lever. Any ideas? Anyone experienced this?

I should probably just go ahead and get the full version, but I'm sort of waiting for FSPilotShop to have it.

Members who have read this thread: 9