Landclass textures?

Thread: Landclass textures?

Charter Member 2016

Landclass textures?

I really like the Golden Wings landclass textures in general, but I find the urban landclasses absolutely abysmal for flying in the modern day. I would like to swap the out for the textures from GE Pro, which I own. Problem is, I don't know which textures they are! Could anyone help me identify the urban landclass texture files?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

GEPro has ground textures. What do you mean by "urban textures?" Buildings and such? If so, they won't be in GEPro at all. Do a search in avsim and flightsim. They have a few. There's one good one in particular but I don't recall the name. Try them all out and see which you like the best. They go in the main texture folder.

Are you referring to Koorby or Koorbygen? Jeremy

Yes, that's the one. There are a couple others but that is generally recognized to be the best imo. Koorbayen but I probably spelled it wrong.

Yes, those are phenomenal. Good call. Kind regards, Jeremy

Charter Member 2016
    Thanks, but I was speaking of the GROUND textures - you are referring to autogen textures. I don't know which of the hundreds of textures in the scenery/world/texture folder are the ones that have ground textures for cities and industrial areas... but I do want to know so that I can put together a mixture of ground textures I like best.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

I think no one ever documented the contents of the Scenery\World\Texture folder (and if, I can't find it).

For now, your only option is opening each texture in that folder one by one in DXTBMP until you find the ones for settlements and cities and then just swap them out for GE's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I think no one ever documented the contents of the Scenery\World\Texture folder (and if, I can't find it).

For now, your only option is opening each texture in that folder one by one in DXTBMP until you find the ones for settlements and cities and then just swap them out for GE's.
    I think there is a list in Autogen documentation that gives landclass number and description of texure, or i am thinking about wrong thing?

Charter Member 2016
    OK, checking it out - lets see what there is...

Mormon.org

Might try this file from Flightsim.com to help identify the stock landclass textures:

FS2002 - FS2002 Misc.FS2002/FS2004 Landclass Reference
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: lndclsvr.zip
    Size: 19,089,472 Date: 11-01-2006 Downloads: 502

FS2002/FS2004 Landclass Reference. A visual reference for land classifications. You are able to see how a specific land classification value will look in MSFS without building a .bgl file first. You can even compare different values right away to make a decision of which one to use easy. By Gerhard Scheuerecker.

If I remember correctly there are also a couple of other pictoral landclass references out there also.

Al

Members who have read this thread: 0