Hooligan Deuce - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hooligan Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    what version are you using? In the tweaks I uploaded to the library last week, this coding is included, see panel.cfg :

Note that the burner should only kick in when the throttle is over 90% and engine RPM is over 97% (CN1)
    Sorry Henk, my mistake and thanks for the correction. I copied over the relevant bits but not the panel folder. I just find it easier that way.

DL - I knew the 4FJ286 was the AMARC code but hadn't twigged the photo was after going into storage. Another conundrum is which Deuce was it? The photos purport to be of either 56-0996 or 998. Joe Baugher gives a different AMARC code for 996 but 998 isn't mentioned. I've numbered it 998 in the data block.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Sorry Henk, my mistake and thanks for the correction. I copied over the relevant bits but not the panel folder. I just find it easier that way.

DL - I knew the 4FJ286 was the AMARC code but hadn't twigged the photo was after going into storage. Another conundrum is which Deuce was it? The photos purport to be of either 56-0996 or 998. Joe Baugher gives a different AMARC code for 996 but 998 isn't mentioned. I've numbered it 998 in the data block.
    Dave,

I think it was 56-998.

Here is the history of 56-996 and 56-998 as listed in the Convair F-102A/TF-102A Delta Dagger section of the Forgotten Jets website ( http://www.millionmonkeytheater.com/F-102A.html ):

F-102A 56-996
    *2nd FIS.
    *86th FIS.
    *32nd FIS.
    *12/2/1964: Returned to the USA in "Operation Hardway II".
    *Washington ANG 116th FIS.
    *Idaho ANG 190th FIS.
    *California Air National Guard?
    *Montana ANG 186th FIS.
    *2/24/1974: To storage at the AMARC bone yard.
    *4/1981: Converted to PQM-102B as "828".

F-102A 56-998
    *325th FIS.
    *323rd FIS.
    *47th FIS.
    *Hawaii ANG 199th FIS (154th FG).
    *Arizona ANG 152nd FIS.
    *Connecticut ANG 118th FIS.
    *South Carolina ANG 157th FIS?
    *6/1970: Bailed to NASA Lewis Research Center in Cleveland, OH for tests as "N617NA" and also as "N637NA".
    *6/1974: To storage at the AMARC bone yard.
    *1/1977: Salvaged.
    Mike M.​

Thanks a million Mike. A brilliant website!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks a million Mike. A brilliant website!!

DaveQ
    Dave,

You are welcome. I'm glad that you found that website helpful. In my youth I spent 6 years working closely with F/TF-102A's and their pilots, so needless to say it is my favorite fighter. As indicated in my avatar I actually got to ride in and actually fly the TF-102A along with the T-33A on occasion.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    Dave,

You are welcome. I'm glad that you found that website helpful. In my youth I spent 6 years working closely with F/TF-102A's and their pilots, so needless to say it is my favorite fighter. As indicated in my avatar I actually got to ride in and actually fly the TF-102A along with the T-33A on occasion.
    .....and you appear to be wearing what looks suspiciously like an orange flight suit, LOL!! Like this one in fact...

Attachment 84567

Ditched the AMARC number and will upload later. And there will be plain tanks for those who want them.

DaveQ

Edit - now uploaded here and Flightsim.com

Blog Entries

Thanks Dave!!

Just downloaded it - had a 2 min flight before making dinner for the kids. It is truly awesome. Thanks for taking this on, and to all the mods on this thread for their great tweaks. No dust going to get collected on this bird for a long time, now ...

DL

.....and you appear to be wearing what looks suspiciously like an orange flight suit, LOL!!
    DaveQ
    Dave,

Yes, I was wearing an orange flight suit when that photo was taken back in 1968.

Here is a copy of the original Polaroid photo that shows the orange flight suit much more clearly.

Attachment 84628
    Mike M.​

Reminds me...

....wish we had a "tub" to go along with the -A....but I recognize the market would not be huge!

Kent

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....wish we had a "tub" to go along with the -A....but I recognize the market would not be huge!

Kent
    To be honest..there is a buzz inside RAZBAM to make me do a F-102 Redux package that would include a "tub", of course, it would be complete new package, but iīm really busy! weīll see

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Kent
    Kent,

I agree totally. Having flown a "Tub" years ago I'd love to see a flyable version for FSX also, but doubt that one will ever become available.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    To be honest..there is a buzz inside RAZBAM to make me do a F-102 Redux package that would include a "tub", of course, it would be complete new package, but iīm really busy! weīll see

Prowler
    Prowler,

Wow! That would really be great. :salute:
    Mike M.​

I have troubles to get the Hooligan in order. Iīve rounded up the usual suspects but to no avail. Texture folder is in the clean version. It does not show up right and in sim it has no textures.

check the links in the texture.cfg file. That will fix it.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    check the links in the texture.cfg file. That will fix it.
    Indeed it fixed it: I copied the links from 112FIS although they appeared identical, but it worked. Thank you.

Good to hear!

There are several different texture folder variations out there and some may have to update the entries in the texture.cfg file to point to where the rest of the common textures are located. Just to open it it notepad and do the changes.

I have jsut finished completely redoing all the panel lines and rivets for the front fuselage texture to 2048x, including new bump files, and it sure does looks good. The usaf star has also been redone in accordance to the TO 114. I hope to have some screens later today.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

The Minnesota bird is the test repaint for new hi res panel lines, rivets and other details. New alpha channel and bump textures have also been made to reflect the new detail level. The work with the decals itself have also continued with among many things a new usaf star. The metal areas of the intake lips and burner cans have been made more reflective.

Thanks to Dave Q and Henk for the support and feedback during the painting process.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Looks terrific. I canīt understand why the developer does not do this. Obviously these improvements would promote sales. Its a new life for this beauty.

Thanks!

That is certainly true, many older models like the RAZBAM F-102 still holds up pretty good against the latest "standard", but 1024x textures just does not cut it anymore, the detail loss is to large. On the other side maybe the companies are thinking more of cost vs money return before they spend any more time and money on updating a "old" model.

A bit strange to see that the FDE has not been sorted out after that many years... posts in this forum way back made by the developer clearly states that they were working on an update (which never happend). Sadly this is true for many promissed updates for payware products.

Luckily Henk came to the rescue with his FDE and general update.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

HU: RAZBAM F-102A "Deuce" tweaks v2.zip is available in the Library now. Have fun with it
    - Improved handling/performance
    - Afterburner kick-in "bang" sound
    - Engine smoke
    - Simulated dragchute drag effect
    - Simulated fuel dump
    - New pilot notes quick reference
    - New VC and external camera views
    - A few texture fixes/updates
    One question on the tweaks. I noticed that the aircraft shakes a lot with the brakes applied. Other than releasing the brakes, is there anything that might reduce or eliminate this? Thanks much.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    One question on the tweaks. I noticed that the aircraft shakes a lot with the brakes applied. Other than releasing the brakes, is there anything that might reduce or eliminate this? Thanks much.
    ?? I can't replicate this. I assume you are talking about lining up on the runway, then applying full throttle with brakes on? When I do this there is no shaking, the jet just starts to creep forward.

?? I can't replicate this. I assume you are talking about lining up on the runway, then applying full throttle with brakes on? When I do this there is no shaking, the jet just starts to creep forward.
    My default flight is a cold start and my local airport. After changing the aircraft to the Deuce and starting the flight, the first view is the VC. First thing I do is set the brakes and make sure the throttle is at 0, then do a Ctrl-E for startup.

After the engine start, I proceed to set my radio and nav, and turn on the lights. As I'm sitting on the tarmac doing this the VC is shaking - kinda realistic I guess, but it makes it tricky to click all those switches. Once everything is set, I release the brakes and the shaking stops. I then advance the throttle and taxi out to the runway for a takeoff.

When the brakes are set, the shaking in the VC returns. It's not noticeable in spot view.

I'm going to take a guess and assume it's related to the changes in the MOI settings. I've seen something similar in FS9, but only in flight.

If you (or someone) would, do this. Setup your flight with a cold start - everything shut down, and start the Deuce as I indicated.
    -- WH

WarHorse47, I did what you described and there was indeed some vibration but I only saw it this time because I was looking for it. Not sure what causes this vibration to be so severe in your case. You can always try the original MOI values if that works for you I guess.

cheers, Henk.

WarHorse47, I did what you described and there was indeed some vibration but I only saw it this time because I was looking for it. Not sure what causes this vibration to be so severe in your case. You can always try the original MOI values if that works for you I guess.

cheers, Henk.
    It's probably more obvious to me due to the size of my monitor. Like I said, perhaps its more realistic?? Thanks for the response.
    -- WH

Here's one I've been working on this week, with a great deal of help from mikewmac; one of his old ships, 56-1427 of the 134th FIS, Vermont ANG, that participated in the William Tell '72 fighter contest. The 134th were so proud to be selected to compete, the 4 aircraft were specially repainted and polished to a very high standard, hence this will be published with a high specular shine and an alpha channel to simulate its apprearance at WT 72.

Attachment 84928

Attachment 84929

DaveQ

Very many thanks Mike - she don't look too bad do she??

Members who have read this thread: 0