Tongass Fjord X

Thread: Tongass Fjord X

Tongass Fjord X

I'am running Prepar3D on Windows 8 Pro-64bits

Having already installed all ORBX NA scenery (PNW, PFJ, CRM, SAK), I'm tried to install Tongass X with following results: airports, in Tongass, are standing at a different elevation of the default one, therefore unusable !!!!
    ORBX says that SAK and PFJ are fully compatible with Tongass X as the designer of Tongass is the same of their sceneries !!!
    Has any of you having same problem??
    Looks like everything is OK on ORBX and FSAddon forums !!!!
    Italo

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Sounds like you have a mesh problem. I am running the FSGenisis World mesh and have no problems.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Sounds like you have a mesh problem. I am running the FSGenisis World mesh and have no problems.
    I think so too, but ..... which mesh: Tongass, Prepar3D default or ORBX ?????

Italo

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Try Holger's own mesh. Google holgermesh.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

One of the things you might check is if your installation placed the Tongass Fjord entries into your terrain.cfg in your main Prepar3D folder . I fly Prepar3D exclusively now as I no longer have FSX on my PC . When I first tried to install Tongass Fjord into Prepar3D it gave me the option of changing the default FSX location to where I have Prepar3D located . All went well , it placed the scenery folders in the right place , entries were made in my scenery library in Prepar3D but when I tried placing my float plane at Wrangell (PAWG) , the plane was bobbing around on land textures . I uninstalled Tongass Fjords and reinstalled using The FSX to Prepar3D Tool (http://www.flightsim.ee/) which is a payware program(around $10) to install programs into Prepar3D that were originally designed for FSX . Entries made into my terrain.cfg this time and all is well now . I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you back up your terrain.cfg and NOT try to manually try to edit it your self . This is only a suggestion as your problem may not be related to mine . Maybe someone else can jump in here and have an easier way . I would definitely check your terrain.cfg to see if the Tongass Fjord entries are there . I know there are several in mine . Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    One of the things you might check is if your installation placed the Tongass Fjord entries into your terrain.cfg in your main Prepar3D folder . I fly Prepar3D exclusively now as I no longer have FSX on my PC . When I first tried to install Tongass Fjord into Prepar3D it gave me the option of changing the default FSX location to where I have Prepar3D located . All went well , it placed the scenery folders in the right place , entries were made in my scenery library in Prepar3D but when I tried placing my float plane at Wrangell (PAWG) , the plane was bobbing around on land textures . I uninstalled Tongass Fjords and reinstalled using The FSX to Prepar3D Tool (http://www.flightsim.ee/) which is a payware program(around $10) to install programs into Prepar3D that were originally designed for FSX . Entries made into my terrain.cfg this time and all is well now . I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you back up your terrain.cfg and NOT try to manually try to edit it your self . This is only a suggestion as your problem may not be related to mine . Maybe someone else can jump in here and have an easier way . I would definitely check your terrain.cfg to see if the Tongass Fjord entries are there . I know there are several in mine . Good luck .
    Thanks Crusader, you gave me the solution !!!
    I've finally installed the FSX to Prepar3D Tool (which was already in my hangar, but I've forgotten about) and re-installed Tongass, result: mesh is perfectly OK now!!!!
    Matter closed: back in business !!
    Italo

Glad to be of help . I never used the tool much when I first got it but now that I fly Prepar3D exclusively it's been very valuable.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Members who have read this thread: 0