a revelation!

Thread: a revelation!

a revelation!

so after my Texturing PC died i was sitting there thinking "just WHAT can i do with my laptop...." moments later the thought hit me.... restart an old scenery, from scratch, using what i had recently learnt, and plug my Desktop monitor into my laptop! still a bit bottlenecked on texture work (Laptop isn't great for it...) but finding ways around it, progressively, it's a stopgap measure but when needs must...

so here we go.... Baxterley/Charity farm version 3, restarted from the ground up over the last 12h... still 3DS Max renders, but the mapping and texture baking of all the buildings is done, just gives it a bit more 'depth' i feel...

A voice that sounds faintly like Churchill repeats some muddles in the back of my mind....something about,"we shall never surrender...." and a "finest hour...".....or is it an intro to a Supertramp song....?

Certainly you get big space to work plus resolution, but does the desktop monitor provide the colour integrity that you need....or is big box video card needed too..?

External monitors are for sissies. Been doing all of my recent development work on a 14" 1024*768px laptop screen.

yeah i can cope, vaguely... as i say it'll work as a stopgap. it might just be my laptop screen that's dicey as the colours are looking 'right' on my external monitor (Held up my custom colour charts to the screen to verify) still, it means Baxterley can now continue at feverpitch, as well as my repaint work... i can live with it taking 5mins to save my FSX PSDs and 2.5 for my FS9 PSD's....

for a stopgap it's not too bad, just kinda odd to be looking over to the right when laptop is in front of me...

Attachment 83137

and an update as of 0444GMT...

Attachment 83165

making progress allbeit slowly... still got 8 buildings to texture, then refining the textures before i can start getting them sim-ready.... still progress is good... note... where i'll be won't be so obvious in the final version... i'm just evil like that

Attachment 83489Attachment 83490

Members who have read this thread: 0