Warbirdsim's "Mustang Tales" Now Available!
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Warbirdsim's "Mustang Tales" Now Available!

Warbirdsim's "Mustang Tales" Now Available!

Warbirdsim's latest product, "Mustang Tales: Post-WWII and Navy Service", is now available here: http://warbirdsim.com/

This product tells of the individual stories of 15 different Mustangs, that combined tell of the greater developmental and service legacy of the P-51D & F-51D from WWII to Korea, and from WWII until the present day. The product features the following aircraft, which have all been developed as different aircraft from one another, throughout, ensuring that each is accurate and authentic through the over-all airframes, cockpits, aft cockpits, gun bays and wheel wells to each specific variant. Throughout development, the original NAA blueprint drawings, USAAF and USAF Technical Orders, assembly and maintenance manual, pilot's manuals, period photographs, and other leading research and resources were all consulted.

1944 - P-51D-5-NA 44-14017 (modified by Navy and used in carrier operations trials)
    1945 - FJ-1D Seahorse ("what-if" Navy variant following 1945 production standards)
    1945 - P-51D-30-NA 44-75025 “Shangri-La” (Maj. Don Gentile displayed this aircraft (flying and static) at the week-long Air Force Fair, held at Wright Field in mid-October 1945)
    1945 - P-51D-30-NT 45-11513 “Royal New Zealand Air Force” (No. 1 Auckland Squadron, Whenuapai AB, New Zealand)
    1947 - P-51D-25-NT 44-84489 “Royal Australian Air Force” (No. 77 Squadron, Iwakuni AB, Japan)
    1947 - ETF-51D-25-NT 44-84900 "NACA 127" (heavily modified for dive tests, stationed at Langley AFB, Virginia)
    1950 - P-51D-30-NA 44-74423 “Royal Canadian Air Force” (No. 442 City of Vancouver Squadron, Sea Island Airport, Vancouver)
    1950 - F-51D-25-NT 44-84602 “Little Beast II” (12th Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Chinhae AB, Korea)
    1951 - P-51D-30-NT 45-11471 “South African Air Force” (No. 2 Squadron, Kangnung AB, Korea)
    1951 - F-51D-30-NA 44-74692 “By Faith I Fly!” (Col. Dean Hess, commander of 51st Provisional Fighter Squadron, ROKAF, Seoul AB, Korea)
    1952 - RF-51D-25-NT 44-84837 “Little Lynn” (45th Tac Recon Squadron, Kimpo AB, Korea)
    1952 - F-51D-20-NA 44-72197 “FF-197” (192nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Keflavik AB, Iceland)
    1953 - F-51D-25-NT 45-11489 "ANG-489" (Minnesota ANG, 109th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, Wold-Chamberlain Field, Minneapolis)
    1972 - P-51D-30-NA 44-74452 “N74190” (purchased surplus from Guatemalan AF, modified slightly for civilian operation, flown to and operated out of Texas)
    2001 (To Present Day) - P-51D-30-NA 44-74543 "Geraldine" (stock-restored, privately hangared at Kenosha, Wisconsin)
    2010 - P-51D-30-NA 44-74543 "Geraldine" (Reno racing modified (lighter and faster than stock model, coupled with visual modifications))

Also included is an authentic reproduction of the carrier U.S.S. Shangri-La, produced by Michael Davies, depicted as it was at the time of the carrier operations trials conducted with the Navy-modified P-51D 44-14017, in November 1944. The carrier is setup with an AI route that has the ship sail from the Norfolk docks up into Chesapeake Bay, where the original trials took place, and docking back at its berth again in the evening. Once into the open waters of the Chesapeake Bay, the ship sails a NW/SE route, back and forth throughout the day, allowing you a great many opportunities to practice carrier landings and takeoffs when heading into the prevailing winds out of the NW.

Included as well are saved flights that have each of the included aircraft positioned in all of the locations around the globe where they were originally stationed or are currently hangared, and some with flight plans. One such saved flight places the historic Navy-modified P-51D on the deck of the USS Shangri-La, while at sea, early in the morning of November 15, 1944, with the aircraft cold & dark, ready for the day's historic trials. Another set of flights, complete with flight plans, traces Geraldine's 2010 journey across the US from Kenosha Wisconsin to the air races at Reno, Nevada, with a stop-over first at Ione, California, where the actual race modifications are undertaken.

User Guide:
    Here is a download page for the product user guide, as also included (please read carefully before first using the aircraft in FSX, otherwise your experience with the aircraft will be greatly diminished): https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...3133405/82c619

Paintkit:
    If you are interested in the product paintkit (just completed in-time!), please send your purchase details and specific request to Warbirdsim Support: support@warbirdsim.com

Additionally, please refer to these pages for more images and information about all of the variants and some of the details and features included:
    All Variants: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2323361&type=3
    P-51D to the F-51D: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...w-WBS-Mustangs and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2323361&type=3
    Historic Navy P-51D: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2323361&type=3
    FJ-1D Seahorse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Mustang-to-Sea
    Guatemalan AF F-51D: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...oss-the-Border
    P-51D "Geraldine": http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Going-to-Reno and https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2323361&type=3

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Additionally:

Once you have completed a purchase, your download link shall arrive to your e-mail just about instantly. If you have checked your inbox and spam folder and still suspect that it has not arrived after a brief wait, please send a prompt e-mail to Warbirdsim Support requesting that the product download link be re-sent and it will be taken care of quickly.

We have included a number of saved flights in a separate .exe file that you may install if you desire, and in order to install them to the proper location on your system, it is very important to follow the 'Read Me' documentation with the installer for the flights files.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Been thinking about buying one of your Mustangs for a long time, but this package might be it ;-)
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Allready paid !
    Looking for the download link...

Thanks !

A few of my favorite shots...

John has outdone himself on this packag. I particularly like the high polish aluminum effect on "Geraldine".

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Beautiful, as always!

Please note at the beginning of the user guide, there are a couple of important items about an environmental map that you will want to have installed (either into each aircraft texture folder, or your root FSX texture folder), and a modification to the FSX.cfg file, to allow for proper carrier catapult launch results (the same modification as recommended prior to operating any aircraft from a catapult in FSX Acceleration, especially light-weight aircraft). Also, there are important items about carrier operations and where and at what times to find the carrier. It is also important to know how items like the canopy emergency release and coolant door emergency release systems work, as they might be a bit confusing to operate (fully) without first reading about them.

Here is a full-sized copy of the carrier route map, as also seen in the user guide.

Great news, can't wait to try that Guatemalan version!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Great news, can't wait to try that Guatemalan version!
    I have an 'in-service' repaint I'll make available shortly, which reverses the exterior paint work back to the original full "Fuerza Aerea Guatemalteca" markings, if desired.

(I was just reading this morning again about the Guatemalan AF fighter planes. The F-51 Mustangs enterred the Guatemalan AF in 1954, and the aircraft they replaced - the Boeing P-26! I can only imagine what that transition must have been like!)

Regarding repaints, I also just had to make this one, which will be available shortly, having put it together while testing out the new paintkit. Going with the theme of "Mustang Tales", it marks yet another unique time period in the P-51D/F-51D story not often covered. This aircraft is depicted as it was in 1946, and at this time the aircraft wasn't only just serving in a training and potential home defense role, it was also serving as an enlistment billboard! The repaint of the aircraft, a P-51D-30-NA, fits the "Shangri-La" model, and thus has all of the right D-30 details (SCR-695 IFF set w/ intertia switch and indicator lights behind headrest, cuffless prop, BC-1206 receiver, g-suit provisions, etc.). Note the buzz code starting with 'PF', which would change to 'FF' in USAF service, going along with the change of name from P-51 to F-51.

Here's another view again of just a few of the 'offices' included:

And 'they' said FSX is dead...HA!

Awesome screenshot, Bone! I hope you are enjoying it, then! I know most of these aircraft didn't have lives in the desert (Iceland, Japan, Korea, Canada, ect.), but I really enjoy flying them from Edwards AFB as well - it makes for some great backdrops, both in the air and on the ground.

Just chasing around the NACA bird, is all, John.

I love the edit-effects!

Here are some shots of "Little Beast II", which operated from Chinhae, Korea. Although the airport name has changed, the airport still remains and can be flown from in FSX. The aircraft had been operating in Japan prior to the outbreak of war in Korea, and thus was one of the first F-51's available.

i cant purchase this for awhile yet..can someone show me Col Hess' F-51 ,in the ROK colors?....in the mustang magazine they said he used plane #18 with a yellow spinner..bomber?..that the one you did?..

Hi Dave,

Col. Hess actually used a number of different Mustangs, with at least two different #18's that I found. The one I chose to depict doesn't have the yellow nose or yellow fuselage band as some of the ROKAF Mustangs had at one point. I rather liked this particular one as it had a very non-standard insignia - including the fact that the placements were on the 'incorrect' sides of the wings.

Dave, knowing that you have the "Mustangs International" magazine, Spring 2013, if you turn to that article on Dean Hess, this particular aircraft shows up in the photos on page 48. Most all profile illustrations I've found are not correct to any of the examples that Dean Hess flew, based on the evidence seen in photos.

i see what you mean john,and looking at the photo on page 48,compaired to pg47...if you look where the yellow stripe is on the drawing/painting on pages 42/43..it looks like its there on #18 on pg 47...is this a differant plane?..or is that maybe a shadow im seeing?.just forward of the tailwheel..narrow dark line on the fusalage..im NOT arguing here...im asking...lol....and as to the "many differant planes"...id forgotten that part of the story...i read so many magazines and books every month i tend to get confused..

mustangs international
    warbirds international
    air classics
    air forces international
    air international
    flying
    plane and pilot
    military machines international
    and i belong to the MVPA so i get their publications aswell...
    im also collecting a series of softbound books from a german company called "Tankograd"...the TM series,,mostly technical service profiles of american world war two equipment..

Members who have read this thread: 1