New SimCity

Thread: New SimCity

Thumbs up New SimCity

Anyone else not having fun playing the new SimCity game?

You'd think a company as massive as EA could get a release right, especially when they have statistics on how many preorders are out there. Major news organizations and gaming sites have given EA very poor reviews on this one. Amazon has actually stopped selling the game!

I had fun for a little while, but I kept getting kicked out. You sit and wait to get into a server but when you do get in, you still can't play. This is day 3 since the North America release, Europe was just released minutes ago, and hardly anyone can play. You'd think with $1.15 billion in revenue you could provide enough servers for a release. :mix-smi:

No. This is somthing gamers have know for a while.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

what is simcity?

SC5 and it's online only feature to play is why SC4 is still thriving through the efforts of modders an sites such as Simtropolis and SC4devotion. I don't need a new Sim City game the one I have is working perfectly fine. Having followed the prerelease saga of SC5 at Simtropolis I made up my mind that it was not for me once EA dictated that it would be online only and that modding was unlikely. I'm more or less done with EAxis I may finish up getting replacement Sims 2 addons but getting anything new is unlikely.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Yeah, I'm pretty upset about it too. Played like 30 minutes total so far. :@

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    what is simcity?
    Dave, SimCity is a game where you build and maintain cities. You build roads, buildings, etc, maintain them along with the economies. It's fun and you can get
    some thriving cities going. The last version I played was #2, but it's a fun game.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

For a short while Amazon pulled the game from their site because of the issues people were having.

I read that on the BBC news site this morning.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I can't comment

Pearls Before Swine
    by Stephan Pastis

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Hey look we said we are Sorry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21741528

and they probably mean it...

and to add some humor to that. Somewhere there is an EA Games Engineer...

SC5, online only huh? That leaves me out.. I only play single player and Sim City 4 is stable!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Claim your new game

As a sorry to the SimCity customers EA Games is providing a game of their choice.

Read about it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21828799

Nice gesture but this kind of stupidity should probably be avoided.

And for more humor relative to the topic...

AKA the Sony Policy AKA the Wecome Back Program AKA We don't know what the fark we're doing so have free games so you don't sue us.

I took Sony up on 4 free games when they lost controll over the PlayStation Network.

My issue is that I don't want a free game. I want Sim City to be what they advertised. Still waiting for all the "original" functionality to be re-enabled.

I don't understand the multiplayer aspect of the game. Every region I see on multiplayer is completely full. Can never find any open ones to join. :mix-smi:

Thats too bad, I always liked the Sims franchise. More less the same thing has happend to it as Sims City. I still pull out my old Sims 2 disks now and then if I want to dabble in house design. I took a look at a friend's installation of Sims 3 and wasn't impressed. Other than improved graphics and some improved game play mechanics, it felt dumbed down, and much more tightly controlled by EA...meaning less creative ability for the 3rd party creators.

Long gone are the days of the old Maxis witty humor and creative story/game writing. Sims 1 graphics aren't much by todays standards but I remember having a great time with endless possbilities in that game...like the lady of the house grumbling and slamming the toilet seat down because the man of the house left it up...or the old prude lady whacking the hell out of a young kissing couple with her purse. Funny little things like that really made the game a hoot.

Lol, I wonder if EA and MS execs had lunch together and shared ideas about running great pc game fanchises into the ground
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    My issue is that I don't want a free game. I want Sim City to be what they advertised. Still waiting for all the "original" functionality to be re-enabled.

I don't understand the multiplayer aspect of the game. Every region I see on multiplayer is completely full. Can never find any open ones to join. :mix-smi:
    That why I don't really update to any new game with out reading about it first AFTER it has been out.

Also

EA just found/made an escaple goat....

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/...tiello-resigns

Members who have read this thread: 0