IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

That is one heck of a turbo prop, it's really more like a jet! However, there is a slight little lag issue with torque changes when in the high power band. For example, if you go to full torque (about 102.1 percent) it takes approx 15-20 seconds to come down after retarding the power lever to flight idle.

Bone, we'll take a look into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    That is one heck of a turbo prop, it's really more like a jet! However, there is a slight little lag issue with torque changes when in the high power band. For example, if you go to full torque (about 102.1 percent) it takes approx 15-20 seconds to come down after retarding the power lever to flight idle.

Mine did that prior to v 1.2. no longer the case.

d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Mine did that prior to v 1.2. no longer the case.

d
    I got it from Simmarket on the 11th. I'm not sure what version I have because the installer reads 'iris_training_pc21_fsx" ...since you said the latest version doesn't do what I experienced, I guess I have the old version.

Check the installer... when you run it, the title will show the version. The changelog in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/IRIS/Pro Training Series/Pilatus PC-21/Manuals and References folder will also tell you what version you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, thanks. I just checked, and I do have v1.2.

The interesting thing is that it only does it once after loading the model into the sim, so after that you can put it into max torque, and then it responds normally to power lever inputs. But, it hangs up every time after a fresh start up.

PC-21 Optional Update: Version 1.25 Hotfix is now available.

This hotfix is an OPTIONAL hotfix and reduces top end engine lag found by some users.

If you are happy with your engine performance in the PC-21, you have no need to install this hotfix, however if you would prefer a more 'punchy' feel to your engine performance, this hotfix will provide you with more realistic engine performance.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fi...21_120_125.exe

This file REQUIRES version 1.20 to be installed prior to installation.

Bone, I'd recommend you try it out and see if it's to your liking..

Great for Aerobatics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Denmark's new (virtual) Trainer :mixedsmi: - David, i can't stop flying !!!!!!! The PC-21 is wonderfull........

Dirk

The hotfix created another problem. Now, instead of being able to get a max torque of 102.1 for the take-off roll, max torque is 97.4, and it decreases by itself as airspeed increases. By the time I get to rotation speed, the torque has dropped down to approx 94.3 percent. As airpeed increases to 250, torque has dropped to about 88 percent, all without touching the power levers. The elevation of my airport is 2100 feet, so your values may be a little different if you check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Denmark's new (virtual) Trainer :mixedsmi: - David, i can't stop flying !!!!!!! The PC-21 is wonderfull........

Dirk
    looks good! You might want to consider to change the leading edge as the pc-21 has no separate or painted LE.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I have exactly the same behaviour as Bone, both before and after the hotfix. :ques:

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    looks good! You might want to consider to change the leading edge as the pc-21 has no separate or painted LE.
    Thanks for your kind words JensOle, maybe i do both - with and without painted leading edges - the Swiss AF PC-21's has black LE. At the moment the paint look like below .....

KR Dirk

Interesting... The swiss pc-21s did not have black painted LEs with the old white/red scheme, but certainly have got it with the latest red scheme.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Charter Member 2015
    Iris' old PC-9 and T-6 packs have always been favourites of mine, so it's only logical that I should join the masses and pick up this beauty too.

Any of our repainters willing to do a "what-if" paint of the PC-21 in Irish Air Corps colours?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I was going to buy it today, but PCAviator has the version 1 by the size of the D/L (208Mb). I'll wait until next week and see if they get the newer version ready for sale.

Any pics of the Whif US markings?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Okay, effective 0220 UTC, 13/03/13 - Version 1.25 is updated with new core files. These files again slightly change the engine power curve for a more realistic value. ~David.

Simply re-download and install as per normal.

TQ settings may adjust automatically due to the implementation of the PMS which computer controls engine power output based on aircraft speed and flight conditions. This is normal and to be expected.

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SWEEEET Shot DVJ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I`ve started today with another one from Scandinavia - absolut fictitious like the danish one, but ....... (Hope you like it JensOle)

Dirk

Progress ...... not sure about the font (which font did the RNoAF use ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    I`ve started today with another one from Scandinavia - absolut fictitious like the danish one, but ....... (Hope you like it JensOle)

Dirk
    Very nice repaint Fireball6

Be informed that following the selection of the JAS-39E Gripen NG by the Swiss Air Force for 22 single
    seaters, the Swedish Air Force will buy from 36 to 50 Pilatus PC-21 to replace the Saab 105 that will
    end their structural operationnal life by 2017 !
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ !

an Orlik repaint might be a cool what if?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Okay, effective 0220 UTC, 13/03/13 - Version 1.25 is updated with new core files. These files again slightly change the engine power curve for a more realistic value. ~David.

Simply re-download and install as per normal.

TQ settings may adjust automatically due to the implementation of the PMS which computer controls engine power output based on aircraft speed and flight conditions. This is normal and to be expected.

David.
    The updated file isn't available from Simmarket. I DL'd it today and ran the installer. The installer window said it's v1.2, and when I flew the model it still did the same thing.

Thanks VaporZ - then the next one will be from sweden. Skyhawka4m - yes, a "what if" - orlik style will be added to the list .......

Greetings Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 41