IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

IRIS has released the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21. Check their site to get it. HERE
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Icon5 Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting Stovall!

It is true, the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21 [FSX] has indeed been released!

A couple of things I'd like to add:

1) There is a knowledge base we are building and will be updating with any FAQs that come up:
    PC-21 Knowledge Base
    2) Here is the product handbook link:
    PC-21 Product Handbook
    3) Here is the changelog pdf which we will be updating as the need arises:
    PC-21 Changelog

For those that had pre-ordered the IRIS - Pro Training Series - Pilatus PC-21 [FSX] (Pre-Order), the product has been uploaded to both
    our store and The Flight Sim Store and you will be able to download the full version by logging in to your account and following the stores re-download procedure.

Our Store
    1. Click 'Account' on the top menu.
    2. Click 'View' on your PC-21 order.
    3. Click the link to download the product, it should now show 151Mbin size.
    <o></o>

Installation Instructions for Pre-Order
    -=IMPORTANT=-
    PRIOR to installing (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
    1. Navigate to your Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight SimulatorX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder and DELETE the following folders;
    a. ANYTHING beginning with IRIS PC-21
    <o></o>
    Failure to do so will result in errors or duplicate aircraftappearing in your aircraft listing<o></o>

-----

Where possible we will offer -general- support over here on SOH, however for specific support we do ask that the customers visit our Support System and either live chat with an agent or submit a support ticket INCLUDING the store of purchase and order number.
    IRIS Support System.

-----

No doubt David will venture over later (after Dad duties) and say hello and offer any advice or feedback.

Thanks everyone!

~Karen

Tempting....very tempting indeed!!!

Martin

I like it...

...it seems to REALLY drag my framerates down, however. Nice model though-- tough bugger to slow down!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Tempting....very tempting indeed!!!

Martin
    Oh well....too late. Only had a chance of one short flight, but need to go back for a much longer session. Its not really my cup of tea, but as have other Iris aeroplanes in my hangar and love Pilatus designs, thought would give it a go. Need to have a few more hours before I decide if its going towards the front or back of my hangar.

Only thing that I noticed was that in the VC, the wording of the placards on the sides of the cockpit were very blurred and difficult to read.

Martin

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ah what the heck Dave, i'll buy in. Your C27J is the responsible reason for buying the PC21 Certain gauge I like in the pit and I need a partner for the Iris C27J and Piglets A29B.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...it seems to REALLY drag my framerates down, however. Nice model though-- tough bugger to slow down!

Kent
    Have you tried installing the performance gauges in the optimizers folder? That's been found to really help..

I think that was added to the manual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Is there a way to add the particle effect strobes from the original demo to the final models? I still have all the demo files and textures.
    - Will you be adding the IRIS texture (black and red) from the demo file to future texture releases?

thx for a great model

j
    d

That pretty much....

....did the trick, David-- it's a joy to fly!

Kent

DVJ,

You can try copying the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file in the demo and pasting it into the new aircraft.cfg file of the release version, but I can't guarentee it's results as it wasn't tested that way.

As for the black and red scheme, it won't be in the standard installer as it was for pre-order customers, but as you are one you should have received an e-mail with the download link for the textre addon. If you haven't let me know and I'll PM you the link.

Regards

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

....did the trick, David-- it's a joy to fly!

Kent
    Awesome news Kent..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    DVJ,

You can try copying the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file in the demo and pasting it into the new aircraft.cfg file of the release version, but I can't guarentee it's results as it wasn't tested that way.

As for the black and red scheme, it won't be in the standard installer as it was for pre-order customers, but as you are one you should have received an e-mail with the download link for the textre addon. If you haven't let me know and I'll PM you the link.

Regards

David.
    Ahh great, got the paint!!!

edit: no joy on the strobes however. Oh well, the plane is great, looks great, flys great, can't stop flying it.

Crg! Amazing screen! Do You have it in bigger resolution (1920pxt)? :salute:
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Crg! Amazing screen! Do You have it in bigger resolution (1920pxt)? :salute:
    send me an email. SOH compresses images.

Just got it, sure is a sweet little turboprop aircraft. Without ever flown the real PC-21, the model really in my mind has the "fighter" type handling as Pilatus brags about in their ads.

Will we see RSAF and UAE textures for it?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Did I see right on the Iris Face Book a PC21 RCAF paint??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2012

Kent
    Hi - i agree. this is the first product i have bought for about 2 years that has made a differnce to my FPS. Fantasitic product otherwise!

CORRECTION - restarting FSX resolved my frame rate issue. Thanks IRis for a fantastic product.

In Love with the 21

For me its a realy wonderful edition to my hangar.
    I had purchased the pre-release model and I can say that this was no mistake in any way!!
    For the next week I am in Switzerland. Hope to see one of these near Samedan/St Moritz. (Not very likely)
    Looking forward to some more paints and lots of repaints of the community

VERY GOOD WORK

Greetings

Christoph

I can not set the radio frequency (ILS NAV, COM) in the Up-Front Control Panel.after entering a single frequency, for example ILS1, press LSK-3 does not work anymore.THe indication remain FREQ and i cannot insert any value.Same problem for NAV and COM setting.Any other had this problem?

Works fine for me... Try the software reset button shown on the electrical panel. The manual explains the correct procedure in step by step actions on how to enter in a frequency on the UFC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i try that and any other switch in the cockpit.I can only enter one frequencyt in one of the menu' then any thing i click has no effect, also the radio page in the cdu is blocked and does not accept any entry, so i can't use the radio.I read the procedure and and I think I do the right things.I hope you can help me solve this problem otherwise this addon for me is unusable

I get the same problem from time to time; all the buttons in the VC stop working. As sudden as it happened it goes away and I can use the buttons. I have never seen this before on FS aircraft.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I had it happen once during testing and figured my viewpoint had moved behind the seat causing the mouseclicks to become inoperable.. only ever happened once, and a reload of the plane fixed it up..never happened again.. weird..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My problem is not the point of view, only the cdu radio page and the LSK key for enter the radioi frequency in the up front control panel stop work.All other switch i the VC work well

Does pressing the RESET button twice for a SYS reset work as per the manual? and does a reload work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 41