a little personal good news id like to share

Thread: a little personal good news id like to share

a little personal good news id like to share

i know i whine n snivel alot about being stuck at home,truth is being as heavy as i am..i dont want to leave,dont want people to see me..but the main thing is..i cant walk well...maybe 10 feet without pain..which is not to do with my wieght ( well it does) but has mostly to do with my ruined spine..i need my jazzy614HD power chair,wheelchair,or a rental to go anywhere now.

well first good news....i was visiting with my surgeon turned friend bart last sunday,and we started talking about lapband vs a good diet (meaning eating correctly)...or doing a wieght loss program like atkins or south beach ect...he remembered a weight loss seminar that his office ladies attended a few weeks back and had me call the office and talk to his gal sally on monday,,i did and she gave me the drs number and a referal from bart,i then filled out the forms through emails and im now waiting for a consultation.this is not a "diet" place...not at "eat my food and lose"..like jenny craig,or weight watchers...this entails counciling,with one on one meetings,or group if you wish...classes with nutritional experts to learn to eat properly,and im hoping they will take my pain levels into account and work with me on that point...i refuse physical thieripy for several reasons i wont go in to..but the main reason is that every one ive been to has said to me...the pain is self generated..you can over come it but working through it.....fact is..i worked through pain all my life due to the spondylolistheis at L3 ,along with conjoined nerves at that level,which caused me knee and leg pain all my life,,,no one ever "heard me" when i complained...just told me to buck up...so i did,,,remember as ive bragged before i was in excelent shape in my teens and twenties,was in pain all the time..but never said a word because no one listened...well they do now...anyway...the good news is...if im accepted into the program..i should be able to learn to ea correctly again and lose some weight.

good news 2:
    to go to airshows.carshows,military vehicle shows ect..we have to put a hitch mounted power chair rack on the back of the truck...it bounces and sways and is a terrible piece of equipment,i no longer have a drivers lic due to my medications..i dont like to admit this..but i was stupid in 1994 and my best friend was forced to arrest me for a DUI...well i didnt want that to happen again...and one day my ex came over for a visit...she was the currant police chief,and when she came in the door,i was setting up my meds for the week...she got nosey..looked at them all...looked outside at my truck..looked at me again and said...Davey hon...you drive that truck while on these meds...imma take yer cute azz to jail for a DUI"...i sold my truck a few months later and surrendered my lic soon after....
    all that said...dad has to drive me every where...so what has happened is...dad and mom have decided to not go rving any more.so he removed the rear box and 5th wheel hitch from his truck,and we are buying a truckbed crane to lift the jazzy in and out of the pickup much easier so we can go farther and i can do more....

Members +
    Thank You For Sharing...Your a young man and got a long way to go...I wish you well,Good Health,and the opportunity to enjoy your life...Others have,and you will also...Good Luck!..Vin!!<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>

Daveroo, I wish you all the luck in the world! I really hope this works out for you. Take care man!:salute:

Best of luck to you, Dave.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi Dave.

I hope you find the key to a good weight loss strategy.

My wife was incapacitated by a back injury and the following surgery. Although her condition is not as complex as your surgery left you, she became a couch 'tater for about 18 months. Her weight shot up from 140 to 210, and the added weight further limited her ability to walk about. Vicious circle, with pain, immobility, weight-gain, pain...

She tried a few things, then settled on Weight Watchers with great success. In the past 3 months, she's lost 40 pounds, looks great, feels better... and she can walk normally again!

The Weight Watchers doesn't force you to buy their products. Their point system can be applied to all foods. The meetings are $12 a week as I recall... a bit stiff for a weigh-in, getting a point goal, and sharing stories... but it works for her, and that's the important thing. I think you can even do the program on-line, now. I don't mean to plug their business; just exchanging info, here. It's not about buying their products, although they will pitch them.

There's probably 100 ways to loose weight. I hope you find one that works for you. Don't just set a weight goal... set a mobility goal. In spite of the pain and all the screws in your spine, you really need to be able to get up and about to enjoy life. Best of luck to you!

Dick

Since I live totally alone and have to fix my own meals, I've found that it really helps that I can buy many of the weight-loss meals at my local grocery store and store them in my chest freezer until needed. This way at least I can more easily control portion sizes (which frankly is my biggest problem), and for between meal snacks I've been keeping finger-sized vegetables in the refrigerator that I can use instead of Pringles, cheezie puffs, and other assorted heart busters...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Daveroo,
    Sounds like great news & I hope that everything pans out for you!

Good on you Dave, and best of luck with the new plan, all I can tell you is keep a positive attitude I went through a few medical issues myself and I never really made any progress until I I got me some AA "Attitude Adjustment" and once I started thinking "I can do this" and focusing on the positive things started to come together.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!