"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Flusirainer View Post
    Quote manual:

The reality:

Yes,I know,but no available....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Has anyone been able to find the "JYAI_RAF_Harriers_FS9.zip" at Flightsim? I have searched for the zip
    name and authors name and come up with no matches. The only GR3 that does come up at Flightsim is the
    (besides repaints) UKMIL GR3 for fs9. I also went over to MAIW site and found their UK Harriers zip, but
    don't know if its the same model.

(edit) I checked the MAIW Harriers out and the models are by Nick Black and are the GR7 & 9 + TR10

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

John Youngs Harrier pack was uploaded to Flightsim.com roughly the same time as RAF Gutersloh, it just hasn't appeared in the library yet.
    Just be patient and it should be available soon.

Thanks Dave.:salute: I had a feeling that this was a new AI model by John. (I did check my DL's folder to see if i already had it, I have all his AI models in use).

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Hi everybody,

sorry for late reply, just back from work (yes, real life also happens ). Yes, by all means - John's Harrier package has been uploaded this afternoon, maybe a hard time to get the files released these hours (weekend probably). So indeed, please be patient one more day
    Best regards, Manfred.

Latest information about the real airfield:

The airfield has ceased the aircraft movements today, at 9.45 o'clock this morning. The final 3 Lynx left Gutersloh and an era ends after 58 years. We all had a tear in our eyes...

http://www.bfbs.com/news/last-flight-ly ... 64672.html

So what a great honour to us to restore this airfield to life - exactly this day!
    Best regards, Manfred.

What a tremendous undertaking this must have been ... I am going to fire up FS9 for the first time in a long time just for this magnificent airbase project ... Well done by all involved !!! Mike

This is a little OT but does relate to the topic. While I wait for the harrier package to be posted, I decided
    to install RAF Bruggen and AI. But for the life of me I can not find "woamil21.zip" at Avsim. It seems to be
    a file that was lost when Avsim was down. Does anyone have this package or know where I might be able
    to find it? I've searched with Google, Bing, went over to MAIW and WoAI sites with no luck.:isadizzy: Thanks

Edit, I did another search using a different key word(s) "German Armed Forces GAFFTC" I found the file
    here: http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php
    Joe

I'm looking forward to the Harrier pack too. I thought that it was my poor search technique so I'm relieved that it is on the way.

In the meantime, I made a few circuits about the airfield and enjoyed the scenery.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    The airfield has ceased the aircraft movements today, at 9.45 o'clock this morning. The final 3 Lynx left Gutersloh and an era ends after 58 years. We all had a tear in our eyes...
    Impeccable timing!
    Impeccable job!
    Congratulations to you and Pete, and many thanks for sharing this.

John has confirmed by PM that the Harriers are uploaded.

Looking through the hangar, I am wondering which flyable Harrier would be most suitable for this base, and what VTOL mods are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Looking through the hangar, I am wondering which flyable Harrier would be most suitable for this base, and what VTOL mods are available?
    There are/were offerings by Iris, and there's certainly a Harrier by UKMIL.
    VTOL mods/gauges are available from Rob Barendregt, from the usual places.

Dave

John Young's Harriers are now up & available at Flightsim, get 'em while they're hot!

A massive THANK YOU to all involved in this project, it will add so much extra for those of us who still live in the past! :salute:
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    John Young's Harriers are now up & available at Flightsim, get 'em while they're hot!

A massive THANK YOU to all involved in this project, it will add so much extra for those of us who still live in the past! :salute:
    .....and even the Sea Harrier FA.2? We are being spoiled. It seems almost a shame to retro back to Lightnings.

We now have Bruggen and Gutersloh. Wildenrath next, maybe?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.....

Dave

The timetable for the Harrier has 432 flights each day.
    I would like a friendly visit with MiG-21, Su-22 and L-29 performed included airshow and video.

Only there is no time window.
    In empty place, without AI traffic but is not as nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It seems almost a shame to retro back to Lightnings.

Dave
    Not a problem when you have several retro installs!! ;-)
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Not a problem when you have several retro installs!! ;-)
    Indeed. I've got two sets of traffic files for Bruggen. The first has Jaguars - 4 squadrons of them - and the second is even earlier, with FGR.2s.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Indeed. I've got two sets of traffic files for Bruggen. The first has Jaguars - 4 squadrons of them - and the second is even earlier, with FGR.2s.

Dave
    Still rebuilding mine. I have the Jaguar one set up, and will also be doing the FGR2 era, and the Canberra era; with Gutersloh the intention will be to retro it back to Hunters as well. Just not enough hours in the day.
    Andy

Thats amazing piece of work!!! And despite looking soo good it runs nicely on my ancient pc!!!!
    Many thanks to Manfred, Pete and all involved in creation of this masterpiece!!!

Simply OUTSTANDING work!!! If I could only understand how to do this...

Lightbulb

Great

Just that with the full AI my FPS drop (dive ! lol)
    With no AI it's a very smooth scenery

It happens that some civil aircraft to be lose oneself
    Disruption of this phenomenon, as it is a military base!
    This is normal?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 19