Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released

Only had a few minutes before work to fly it a bit.
    Liked the VC, exterior looks good, but....

Noticed the Torque gauge (listed as Engine RPM gauge in the manual) was not working as it should, it stayed pegged at 100% all the time, despite the position of the collective.
    Looking at the panel config, it appears to me it's hard coded into the model.
    (I was flying the Russian Winter camo version, so not sure if its just that model)

Get a chance to wring it out more after work.

Love it! My all time favourite attack helo ... well done Virtavia! Mike

Surprising that there is not more interest in this thread, anyhoo, more pix to share ... Mike

It looks realy good.

Why make a point of telling everyone you're not going to buy it?

Why not just not buy it and not say anything?

Makes it sound like you got a bone to pick with Virtavia.

The few deveopers that are left could live very nicely without negative comments from people who don't like them for whatever the reason.

The flightsim community is shrinking and I will support every single developer that is still providing us with new models, because at the end of the

day there is a very good possibilty there won't be very many developers providing new payware.

That's just my opinion, nothing more.

It looks really good.

Mal998 is absolutely correct, respect of other peoples' work is a must for a gentleman.

All people's like and dislike criteria are different, however they must be applied to a self owned product. If somebody doesn't appreciate a product without even having it, then, IMO it isn't usefull and proper to bash it and create a negative commercial environment for the developer. It is now widely accepted that developers get back a very small portion of their work/dedication to the product, so lets not make these profit margin even narrower.

Last but not least, IMO, It also not proper to spell words like "I won't buy" in new product announcement threads.

Ok.
    I'm going to modify my previous posts to make them more compliant.

Getting back to the subject of this thread, looks great in flyboys screenshots. Think I'll definitely give it a look.

What do you think about the VC and the sound?
    The pics on the Virtavia site are too small for me.
    Thanks
    Michael

In Polish skin is a serious bug with Polish signs on the Mi-24D. I wrote to developer one month ago, see than They do nothing with this :\.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is this a public forum or not? Anyway, I won't buy as well :mix-smi:

I like the sounds alot, have never seen a real one fly, but from most of the videos I have seen, the FSX soundset is quite nice. Including some closeup views of the VC for those interested ... Cheers ! Mike :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    In Polish skin is a serious bug with Polish signs on the Mi-24D. I wrote to developer one month ago, see than They do nothing with this :\.
    What is?

sound, model, FDE, glass reflection, VC 3D with realistic texture, everything good

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    I like the sounds alot, have never seen a real one fly, but from most of the videos I have seen, the FSX soundset is quite nice. Including some closeup views of the VC for those interested ... Cheers ! Mike :salute:
    Does it have the typical Hind whistling sound from the rotor blades..?

You can recognize a Hind from the sound it makes before you even see it.

And it certainly goes on my wishlist!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Does it have the typical Hind whistling sound from the rotor blades..?

You can recognize a Hind from the sound it makes before you even see it.

And it certainly goes on my wishlist!
    the sound made by Vance Dylan / Sonic Solutions
    listening by yourself:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    the sound made by Vance Dylan / Sonic Solutions
    listening by yourself:
    That sounds about right! Thanks for posting the video.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thank you Flyboy208 and Hanimichal,that helped a lot.
    Michael

Do all or most in cockpit switches, dials, gauges and other items work? Also is there any failures setup or consequences if something is not set correctly?

Features :

- very high quality native FSX model.
    - very high quality 3D cockpit.
    - 3 texture sets and weapons loadouts.
    - sharp, 2048-pixel bump- and spec-mapped textures.
    - super-smooth 'RealGauge' 3D instruments.
    - working windscreen wipers and ventilation fans.
    - 4 x opening hatches.
    - custom startup smoke effect.
    - togglable, animated pilot figures.
    - realistic undercarriage and retraction sequence.
    - illustrated user manual in PDF format.
    - high quality soundset.
    - PhotoShop paintkit files provided (4096 pixel resolution).
    - Note - NO 2D panel is provided.
    - Note - Not all switches/knobs in cockpit are mousable.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Do all or most in cockpit switches, dials, gauges and other items work? Also is there any failures setup or consequences if something is not set correctly?
    No and no.

Here are my thoughts after spending several hours in it...

This is an "entertainment" product only, IMHO.
    There are no simulated systems other than the usual 'default' FSX ones, it's just a simple helicopter addon.
    You get to fly around in a Hind-D and satisfy your imagination for about $30.

It is "old school" Alphasim, only obviously with a much better VC that what they used to offer many years ago.
    Don't expect many switches to move.
    Not all of the gauges seem to be working as intended either.
    It's mostly a "Ctrl+E" starter.
    It has a good model, and a very easy one sheet Paint Kit.
    At sea level it was quite easy to "overspeed".

I personally would put it somewhere between an Area51 Sim offering and a low end Nemeth Design product to compare, that is not to be inferred as a bad or negative thing by anyone reading this.
    I like Area 51's helicopter products, but they are not known for having sophisticated FDE's or systems either.
    As indicated by the manual, the Hind-D FDE is based off of the default single engine Bell 206 template, so it flies like a heavy 206, IMHO.
    I can offer that opinion after spending over a thousand hours in helicopters in FSX.

Do I like it? Yes.
    Is it fun to fly? Yes, its very easy to fly and would recommend it to anyone who wants an easy stable helicopter for FSX.
    Do I feel like wasted my money? Not really, honestly I was not expecting much, so no surprises.
    Will it become one of my favorites? No.

Many many thanks for this useful review, and the wisdom of your point of view : exactly what I need as a simmer.

Members who have read this thread: 2