Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released

That Canadian one would make this canuck happy.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your repaints are much appreciated Hani! Love this blue Czech scheme ... Mike

Agreed...and as I promised above........if this paint was made available...I would buy....so as of 15 mintues...I now own the MI-24....once again because of a talented painter. DEV's please take notice of this.

Attachment 82837

Thank you guys for the kind words.

Wow! - your paints are "must have's" for a Hind-Owner :mixedsmi: Great Job Hanimichal

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Absolutely stunning repaints!

Mr. Safranek, I just sent you a PM in regard to the following two images as supporting evidence of what I am sure is quite annoying persistence with the issue I identified.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Mil-Mi-24D/1912331/L/

Note: I just found the above image and did not include it in the PM.

http://www.pixstel.com/hind-cockpit-...m106-10682.jpg

http://img.kazeo.com/165/1651581/XL/...-d-un-mi24.jpg
    Sorry for not getting back on this earlier. I did email the developer a week ago with what should have been sufficient description and images/video proof from SeanTK that there was indeed an issue.

Basically the blue/black halves of the ball should be angled to match the horizon in front of the aircraft -- Western style. The Virtavia Hind Artificial Horizon banks in the opposite direction. This makes it really difficult to know what your attitude actually is, especially at night.

However, the reversed Artificial Horizon will remain an issue until people who bought it bring it to the developer's attention via the tech support email in the manual. So those who have purchased it and want it fixed please send an email request to: tech.support -at- virtavia.com

I just received an email from Phil @ Virtavia saying that an update will be released in the coming days that fixes the attitude indicators and HUD!

In reference to my previous post, I just tested out the attitude indicator fix and it seems to work perfectly! I did note that the inclinometer below the main attitude indicator (showing slipping/skidding/coordinated turns) is non-functional, but that's just a very minor issue that I believe most can live with.
    From my understanding, the attitude fix will be available within the coming days from the vendors.

How to make external sound to be higher than of the VC?

Hanimichal's repaints are fantastic!!!
    Congratulations, your shots looks like real photographs!!!

Videre Vincere Est

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    How to make external sound to be higher than of the VC?
    Second that question. The helo is excellent. Really enjoy flying it! But, the outside sound volume should be louder then the inside. Furthermore; doe anyone know if Virtavia will do more variants, or will update with an option to add cool air mixers to the exhausts as well as a chaff/flare kit on the tail (besides the ones just aft of the stubwings)?

But really....what a beast to fly!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Second that question. The helo is excellent. Really enjoy flying it! But, the outside sound volume should be louder then the inside. Furthermore; doe anyone know if Virtavia will do more variants, or will update with an option to add cool air mixers to the exhausts as well as a chaff/flare kit on the tail (besides the ones just aft of the stubwings)?

But really....what a beast to fly!
    I can answer the variant question, but not the sound one.
    After a brief email conversation with Phil (the head of Virtavia from my understanding), it sounds like this'll be the last helicopter for a while due to poor sales.

From the Virtavia site yesterday:

Update available for Mi-24D Hind cockpit ! The Artifical Horizons have been changed to the more familiar Western style of operation in the new version of the cockpit. Also the HUD horizon graphic has been altered to match the AH's. Version 1.1 of the Mi-24 will be uploaded to vendors today, it may however be several days before it can be accessed by owners of the model. To save time we can e-mail the new VC, gauges .cab and updated manual to anyone who can provide proof of their purchase. The files are small, only 3.4MB in total. Please use the e-mail address shown at the bottom of this page -- tech.support -at- virtavia.com.
    :ernae:

I like the gauges as is it now and I don't have any problem with the hud or elevator
    But if any whey to change the sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Hanimichal's repaints are fantastic!!!
    Congratulations, your shots looks like real photographs!!!
    Thank you and all other admirers of my paintings. Words like thats give cheer to paint more

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    ... it sounds like this'll be the last helicopter for a while due to poor sales.
    We all have personal preference and fancy in the FSX world, and this model /helicopter is my favorite

has anyone atempted to paint the hungarian eagle?....or is it a MI-35?.....would still look good on this one

Last time I checked the Hungarian Eagle Hind is technically an Mi-35 (exported Mi-24V) but it could be a Soviet-era holdout so there's a slight possibility that it's a vanilla -24V (not much of a difference anyway). I'm not clear on what's considered an export or not from the Russian perspective, since 90% of what I'm seeing regardless of country is designated as an Mi-24, not a -35.

Looks like they changed the Eagle livery up a little bit within the past couple years:
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hunga...6334fcc5960daa

Also for our repainters, I'm curious as to the possibility of these two liveries:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gian_Mi-24.jpg

http://www.strikehold.net/wp-content...3/UN-MI-24.jpg

Blog Entries
    Great to know the instruments got sorted.

Echo the interest in a UN Hind - would be all over that! A little of Congolese grime / weathering would be nice too!

DL

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gian_Mi-24.jpg
    This a rare one for FS and a much needed to be represented on behalf there nation. Very rare for paints available.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I have made this video using captain sim weapons (no video effects, only FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    I have made this video using captain sim weapons (no video effects, only FSX)
    Can you post your CS weapons profile for the Hind? I'd love to add that to mine and it seems that you've got it dialed in.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

That vid probably just sold me on it for the 50% off sale. I have CS weapons pack but haven't used it as I prefer flying models that already releasable weapons (Raz, VRS). What's the point of having a gunship with no guns. I'll have to drum up profiles for the recently purchased A51 Longbow and Kiowa.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Here is version 1 https://www.box.com/s/bc7uv53eymj8o7hrec0g

I am working in V2 with different explosion models and more sounds with weapons with low-poly

Thanks Hani,

Your work on the weapons placement just saved me a few hours of tweaking.

Speaking of tweaking, did anyone else get bad plots for the outside camera defination views? Mine are in between panels or well far behind the cargo bay, etc. Like someone added a decimal or digit to far to the back or left. They do not point to what they should. Only the pilot's cockpit works correctly.

Thanks you again!
    Jeff
    I pass gas!

Anyone having this problem too?

I bought the Hind (v1.1) from PC Aviator USA. The download went fine and the byte-size was identical to that denoted on the website (122.121.804 bytes). Installation went without a hitch. However, on testing the different models I noticed that the artificial horizon on the models 2 and 3 (East German and Polish AF) was corrupt and the switches (and ventilation fan) in those models didn't move. The model 1 (Russian AF) was fine. I found that the "MDL Interior"-file of the models 2 and 3 was smaller than that of model 1 (4.785.302 bytes versus 4.843.050 bytes). So I just copied the "MDL Interior"-file of model 1 over to the other models (after backing up of course) and all is fine.

Before I contact either Virtavia and/or PC Aviator USA, has anyone noticed the same on their version and what is your filesize? As far as I can see there are 3 possibilities:

1) all versions are corrupt, regardless of reseller;
    2) when Virtavia gave the new version to PC Aviator USA, that particular file got corrupted;
    3) the file got corrupted when PC Aviator USA uploaded it to their servers.

P.S. I re-downloaded and re-installed, no difference.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Members who have read this thread: 2