Solomon 1943 V.2 FSX/P3D - open beta Feb 3 - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Solomon 1943 V.2 FSX/P3D - open beta Feb 3

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    The AAV that you could get at FS Addon is really fun for this area, I tried to send my friends the link to it but it's not there anymore
    Anyone know where to find it?, be nice to have about 4 or 5 of these hit the beach and start bolwing up.
    Here's one that just came out of the water. I made a gauge that's visible in all views so I can drive it in spot view, open and close the doors, turn on the brake lights, and fire the guns. Bob.

That's the one, just can't find it anymore. I have it but I am planning a "what if?" mission for the Miaramar Flight Club and this is an essential part and now I can't find a link to it anymore.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Even with thumping great diesels in there i'd still love it. MTBs had a style and personality all their own and the cantankerousness of those diesels would give it an almost endearing nature.. Sounds like what you had was a home, which is so much more special than a boat ..
    After that one Pam, I had another ex WWII beast... She was rivited steel and before being converted in the 1960's, was a fuel carrier for the RAF. She was small, at just 45ft and a narrow beam of only 11ft6" Rolled like a **** too;-)

Having carried aviation fuel for all those years, the plating seemed almost impregnated with the stuff, and she never rotted! Certainly an interesting beast.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Mmmm.... Time to re-read the instructions I think;-)

Attachment 81218
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    That's the one, just can't find it anymore. I have it but I am planning a "what if?" mission for the Miaramar Flight Club and this is an essential part and now I can't find a link to it anymore.
    I have too it as you see. I searched and could not find any site that had it now. It was part of a package with the LHA-5, which I have also. I'll search through my old download folder and see if I can identify where I got it. I am pretty sure I did not buy it. Bob.

Update: I found it in my downloads. It was called lha5-free.zip. I did a search now and can't find it. It has the LHA-5 and the AAV-7 in it. Another friend sent me this link:

Both links are from the same site TaskForceFSx MediaFire is the direct link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9dab9a8k307dtyi or http://taskforcefsx.com/11thMEU.html
    That's where I got it from. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Mmmm.... Time to re-read the instructions I think;-)

Attachment 81218
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Any ideas folks?

Blog Entries
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Any ideas folks?
    Your not doing anything wrong that i know of dougal. I have the same problem. There's one texture in the solomons pack number 2 that just doesnt want to display..
    but let me try something.. will write back in a few minutes.

Addendum:: I thought it might be a matter of placement in the scenery list, but i was incorrect.. placed on top or anywhere and the texture still does not show. I reinstalled before as well and am still missing the texture..

Your not doing anything wrong that i know of dougal. I have the same problem. There's one texture in the solomons pack number 2 that just doesnt want to display..

Addendum:: I thought it might be a matter of placement in the scenery list, but i was incorrect.. placed on top or anywhere and the texture still does not show. I reinstalled before as well and am still missing the texture..
    Okay Pam, thanks for trying.

Okay Pam, thanks for trying.
    What exact island is that scenery at? I have gone to a lot of them and have not found that error. Thanks, Bob.

Blog Entries
    thats on bouganville at the eastern end of the channel.

thats on bouganville at the eastern end of the channel.
    Hi. OK. Thanks. Bob.

I had the same issue when I installed in P3D. Check your "Effects/Texture" folder. I some how got an "Effects/TextureS" folder. That was my problem. I didn't notice it in FSX because I manually placed everything...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

As Don said you are missing the texture. I had the same problem as he did as I caught it during my installation. Here is mine. Bob.

Dougal95,

This is a common problem. Have you iinstalled the updat already?

This is in the readme text from the update:

If you see huge black squares instead of smoke in some areas, the effect texture has not been found. They should reside in the

[fsx-p3d rootfolder\\effects\textures\

Folder. Due to a mistake in original package they might have been copied to a new folder here:

[fsx-p3d rootfolder\\effects\texture\

Note the missing "s" in the target folder. Remedy is to move or copy the texture files to the default \textureS\ folder and delete the erranous \texture\ folder.

The link to the update can be found in post 105 from this thread.
    I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Dougal95,

This is a common problem. Have you iinstalled the updat already?

This is in the readme text from the update:

If you see huge black squares instead of smoke in some areas, the effect texture has not been found. They should reside in the

[fsx-p3d rootfolder\\effects\textures\

Folder. Due to a mistake in original package they might have been copied to a new folder here:

[fsx-p3d rootfolder\\effects\texture\

Note the missing "s" in the target folder. Remedy is to move or copy the texture files to the default \textureS\ folder and delete the erranous \texture\ folder.

The link to the update can be found in post 105 from this thread.
    I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Huub
    Many thanks - that got me sorted;-)

Blog Entries
    i think i may still be stuck. i had both folders with the correct files in each. its puzzling..

Yes, i still have the issue. i checked against the download folders and it looks like everything is there.. heres a pic of whats in that directory. coul;d someone please compare it to theirs and tell me if i'm missing anything??

Attachment 81289

i think i may still be stuck. i had both folders with the correct files in each. its puzzling..

Yes, i still have the issue. i checked against the download folders and it looks like everything is there.. heres a pic of whats in that directory. coul;d someone please compare it to theirs and tell me if i'm missing anything??

Attachment 81289
    They should be in your Effects\Texture folder not the Effects\Textures folder. Look at your Effects\Texture folder you should have a lot of other textures already. Bob.

That did the trick, things look a lot better:salute:
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Thanks for chiming in, guys (and gals). I was down with a flu for over a week.

Hey but I'm on flank speed again, with short pauses.

I plan to close the open beta by month's end and build a new version that has all the corrections. Additionally, the Russell Islands (Knucklehead) will be photoreal. This is Pavuvu Cub Strip, Sunlight Field (the rear echelon field for many fighter squadrons), and Banika Field (Bombers B-25, as well as P38 and P-39 units).

Sunlight and Banika were build on Coconut plantations, which are almost impossible to depict in FSX. I did some braining and found a solution for that: I build the whole vegatation set with custom palms in 3DS Max. Over 2500 palms with only two files and one drawcall each. Performancewise, much better than autogen! But it was a bit of a pain to place the two objects precisely.

Here's what it looks like right now (was "born" only a few minutes ago, still a bit work on the phototile to be done...):

In 3dsmax:

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Looks fantastic Mark, really looking forward to the final at month's end. Your work is greatly appreciated by all at SOH.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Tom! I'm glad I'm back in the ring.

Ah and another one, from the ground:

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

This looks great. Glad you are feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    This looks great. Glad you are feeling better.
    same here, that flu is bad news

with this scenery, you could recreate my sig pic...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube