FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released...

FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released...

Now at Flightsim....with one heck of an impressive looking VC!

Name: projet_noratlas_base_pack.zip
    Size: 90,285,708 Date: 01-31-2013 Downloads: 114

FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas, a French military transport aircraft. This version of the Noratlas was completely recreated for FSX. Two versions and three repaints are available: NB27 of the CIET, NB18 of the Ecole de l'air de Salon de Provence and NB105 currently operated by the association "Le Noratlas de Provence". All instruments in 3D. Audio warnings and checklists. By Jean-Francois Martin and Gilbert Millas.
    -Mark

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Interesting! Downloading right now!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Charter Member 2015
    Confirmed as being FSX native.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    to bad its all in french, cant even get her started, model looks nice though!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Ah, that's a pity. Hopefully English docs are released at some point. I haven't had a chance to d/l and test the new model yet, but if you're desperate there are an extremely comprehensive set of instructions that Benoit Gaurant made for his detailed FS2004 Noratlas panel. They might be some assistance in figuring out the panel of the new release.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels <CENTER>FS2004 Nord 2501 Atlas Panel Docs
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: n25v1_gb.zip
    Size: 1,754,082 Date: 02-21-2005 Downloads: 892

FS2004 Nord 2501 Atlas Panel Docs. Documentation file in English for FS2004 Noratlas panel by Benoit Gaurant, version 1.0.
    -Mark

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Surely it can't be that difficult to start? If in doubt, do as I do...click on every switch in the cockpit!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

This. Is. Awesome! Real payware quality!

Starting isn't that hard if you follow the pics in the manual (Procedure de demarrage des moteurs) or click on the icon left of the pedestal with the top down view of the aircraft, and on the panel that now appears, click 'Moteur: En route' on the right to start the engines. ;-)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wow !!
    The cockpit looks far more impressive than anything I've seen in the preview screenshots !! Check The Reject Shop Catalogue and Total Tools Catalogue.
    Thanks for posting these one, Ferry_vO. I'm going to download it right now.

EDIT: 29 KB/sec... I'll probably wait for tomorrow

cant wait to pickup this plane when i get back from vegas:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Great VC, but the external model textures really need looking at. Looking at picture 4 above, the exhaust smoke stains are represented by a general indistinct smudge aft of the cowlings. Beyond that, the metal textures in general are very poor. This is a great model of a great aircraft; shame about the textures.

Wow, very nice VC! Good work !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    Great VC, but the external model textures really need looking at. Looking at picture 4 above, the exhaust smoke stains are represented by a general indistinct smudge aft of the cowlings. Beyond that, the metal textures in general are very poor. This is a great model of a great aircraft; shame about the textures.
    Does that mean you want to give it a repaint??

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Wow! Didn't see this coming and it looks spectacular. I have hands on experience with the Noratlas. In 1989 we had one come into our ramp and at first, many on the field including the ATC's thought it was a C-119 derivative/modification. I was the only one who knew what it was because I had an old aviation book that had color templates of the Noratlas. The plane is huge although slightly smaller than the C-119 but it has a more aesthetic shape/look about it. The plane was registered in civilian markings from Uruguay but the owner was an East German(I assumed an expat/defector). They were coming from Canada with a Single Otter dismantled in the cargo hold and making fuel & customs stops on their way back to South America. I fueled the plane and put just under 600 gallons of Avgas on board and 36 quarts of mineral oil between the two radial engines(I've never put that much Avgas or Oil in any aircraft!). After they paid their bill(with cash), they set off and burned up almost all of the 7000 ft runway, rotated the nose gear off mid field before getting off the ground. They made a shallow turn to the South and rumbled off into the sunset. It was my one and only experience with a Noratlas but unforgettable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The VC looks awesome from the pics shown here. I've tried to DL this package from Flightsim twice, now, but there's just a readme and a few pics in the DL, and no installer.

Just got done flying it and it's a HANDFUL! Nicely done model! I will be learning all the particulars on this one over a good while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A very nice aircraft indeed, sounds great flies well and has terrific detail.

Thanks for the HU on this aircraft.

Absolutely Brilliant , a French Bristol Freighter come wheelbarrow .. I like how these guys simply hide away then WHAMMO , they deliver this Gorgeous model

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The VC looks awesome from the pics shown here. I've tried to DL this package from Flightsim twice, now, but there's just a readme and a few pics in the DL, and no installer.
    Bone, the installer exe has an icon so it doesn't look like a typical installer.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Can we get a sticky on this for new Freeware?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I sure wish the manual was also in English. It sure is a great looking piece of freeware.

This is great news. The Noratlas had a long history with the HAF, some of it bloodstained in Cyprus 1974. During my service a few hulks were still in Elefsis AB and I was doing guard service next to them.

I will venture making two repaints for it, one with the original grey-green and one with the later "SEAC" colours.

Attachment 80157

Attachment 80156

A great and pleasant suprise to have this bird for FSX!
    THX VERY MUCH!!!Attachment 80161

Any chance of some Green nosed paints? Ive seen one of these at a display and was always captivated by it as a child, but have no idea why lol.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Seeing as I see hide nor hair of a set of blanks, or paint kit, and people are baying for painted blood already....

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50293775/ba...0%27kit%27.zip

I 'reverse engineered' a set of plain bare metal textures from the three included, plain, with only warning labels, alphas too. Hope this helps folks, alternatively, if you just want a blank metal one, add it as a repaint in its own rights :P

I do look forward to seeing the HAF paints btw!

(I'll be trying my hand at some IAF ones)

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Any chance of some Green nosed paints? Ive seen one of this at a display and was always captivated by it as a child, but have no idea why lol.
    There's one included.

Members who have read this thread: 15