FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released...

Banned
    Blog Entries

keeping engines running

I love this plane but I am having issues keeping the engines running. When I manage to light off both engines, I will view the center cockpit console and the engines die. Both of 'em.
    Maybe I did not properly start them but I can get them going by pressing the red buttons I circled (RED) and then hit CTRL + E and they will light off. I can take off, fly but once I glance
    at the center cockpit, the engines quit and if I an quick enough I can re light them both with the convential ctrl + E

What am I doing wrong?

Attachment 80381

Quote Originally Posted by baernhard View Post
    The Greek version I'm working on had the same camo as the planes were ex Luftwaffe. You seem to have gotten it right! It will be some time till I manage to finish it though.

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    I love this plane but I am having issues keeping the engines running. When I manage to light off both engines, I will view the center cockpit console and the engines die. Both of 'em.
    Maybe I did not properly start them but I can get them going by pressing the red buttons I circled (RED) and then hit CTRL + E and they will light off. I can take off, fly but once I glance
    at the center cockpit, the engines quit and if I an quick enough I can re light them both with the convential ctrl + E

What am I doing wrong?

Attachment 80381
    Hi Richoday.

Those red buttons are the autofeather for the propellers.

Did you set auto-mixture on in the plane realism parameters ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    The Greek version I'm working on had the same camo as the planes were ex Luftwaffe. You seem to have gotten it right! It will be some time till I manage to finish it though.
    The Israeli pattern im working on atm is a nightmare...

Also, anyone spotted that they mirrored the paratroop doors? how lazy was that? Seeing as its inside the fuse side texture, what effort was it to double up the map on the other side? *sigh*

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doumet57 View Post
    Hi Richoday.

Those red buttons are the autofeather for the propellers.

Did you set auto-mixture on in the plane realism parameters ?
    Plane Auto-mixture is set. So I guess I need to figure out what procedures to start it up. Wish the cold start could be be by passed and CTRL + E was all needed to start it up.
    Is that possible?

Edit: If I am in spot view I can start engines with CTRL + E but when I change to cockpit view the engines die. strange.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I figured the start up out

OK, after trial and error I think I have solved the conundrum of keeping the engines running and other issues.

In external mode I can start engines with conventional CTRL + E and then I have to do the following to keep them running when I am in the Virtual cockpit view.

Attachment 80382Then the a big white panel will pop (you have to pan up a bit to see it. Then select what I have circled in red. This kept the engines running no matter what view I was in.
    You can dismiss the white panel; just click on the little red X in the lower right corner.

Attachment 80383And as the French say "et voilą !!!

No Richoday, that's normal...

The designer explain that when you start the engines with CTRL+E in spot view and then come back in the VC, the engines die because the magneto are not set.

So, in order to re-start the engines, there are three different manners to do that :

1. you do the starting procedure described above.
    2. you check the box "Moteur : en route" (engine started) in the cockpit configuration table (which can be reached by the Noratlas-Shape button on the dashboard)
    3. by using the "emergency starting button" which are localised at the bottom of the dashboard, on the left of the pedestal (19th page of the documentation).

The two final procedures allow :

magneto on setting
    fuel flow opening
    propeller pitch 100%
    engine start
    attitude indicator unblocked
    radio and navigation systems on.

I'm sorry for the long time response but my english is very "rusted"...

That's what I said... I'm rusted...

I'm happy to see that you found the solution !

Well, now you can fly "la grise" (the grey, the french nickname of the Noratlas), and me I can go to bed... So have a nice flight and see you later.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    merci beaucoup

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Wow! Didn't see this coming and it looks spectacular. I have hands on experience with the Noratlas. In 1989 we had one come into our ramp and at first, many on the field including the ATC's thought it was a C-119 derivative/modification. I was the only one who knew what it was because I had an old aviation book that had color templates of the Noratlas. The plane is huge although slightly smaller than the C-119 but it has a more aesthetic shape/look about it. The plane was registered in civilian markings from Uruguay but the owner was an East German(I assumed an expat/defector). They were coming from Canada with a Single Otter dismantled in the cargo hold and making fuel & customs stops on their way back to South America. I fueled the plane and put just under 600 gallons of Avgas on board and 36 quarts of mineral oil between the two radial engines(I've never put that much Avgas or Oil in any aircraft!). After they paid their bill(with cash), they set off and burned up almost all of the 7000 ft runway, rotated the nose gear off mid field before getting off the ground. They made a shallow turn to the South and rumbled off into the sunset. It was my one and only experience with a Noratlas but unforgettable.
    How close is the sound in this flight sim version to the sound of the real one you saw and heard. I'm curious? Thanks.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm happy to see that you found the solution !

Well, now you can fly "la grise" (the grey, the french nickname of the Noratlas), and me I can go to bed... So have a nice flight and see you later.
    You do real well with the English my friend. Good night to you over there.

Thanks a lot Richoday, it was a pleasure.

Have a nice day.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Superb! What a delight to come back from the road to. A joy to fly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No Richoday, that's normal...

The designer explain that when you start the engines with CTRL+E in spot view and then come back in the VC, the engines die because the magneto are not set.

So, in order to re-start the engines, there are three different manners to do that :

1. you do the starting procedure described above.
    2. you check the box "Moteur : en route" (engine started) in the cockpit configuration table (which can be reached by the Noratlas-Shape button on the dashboard)
    3. by using the "emergency starting button" which are localised at the bottom of the dashboard, on the left of the pedestal (19th page of the documentation).

The two final procedures allow :

magneto on setting
    fuel flow opening
    propeller pitch 100%
    engine start
    attitude indicator unblocked
    radio and navigation systems on.

I'm sorry for the long time response but my english is very "rusted"...
    Your item #3:
    I am looking for that emergency button, can you reply with a photo of it. Thanks.

Attachment 80442

The emergency start buttons are located here.

Have a nice flight Gentlemen.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 80442

The emergency start buttons are located here.

Have a nice flight Gentlemen.
    Thanks for the info. That works great!!! Appreciate it!

Banned
    Blog Entries

freeware in gauge

I like this plane a lot and am grateful for the payware quality of this freeware craft...which brings me to my question.

Is there a way to dismiss the "freeware" reminder that pops up in the gauge?

Attachment 80453

To remove the Freeware notice just re-click the right-hand emergency start button!

This is a beautiful and fun aeroplane! Fantastic, very much appreciated!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

In case anyone isn't happy with the serious nose down attitude when flying 'level', (realistic or not) Here's a fix:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50293775/No...File%20Fix.zip

(Simply back up your old .air file, and replace it with this one)

I hope you find it helpful.

You wanted to know what was the sound in the real one... Here is a sample.

Take a place, look and listen...

I can see out through the windows...

...but I can not see into the cockpit through them from the outside

It looks like some kind of parasol to stop sunlight heating the cockpit up, but it is only visible in the external model, not the VC.

Looks more like the vc glass and the exterior glass aren't on speaking terms...

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    I can see out through the windows...
    ROFLAO that's indeed a feature of windows! :costum:
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    ROFLAO that's indeed a feature of windows! :costum:
    "ROFLAO"... and another feature is that you can also see IN through them, and thats the point I am making.

With kindly permission by Project Noratlas !

Upload is done ...

Attachment 80502

... in next time available in the database.

Bernhard

Members who have read this thread: 15