Carenado SR22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado SR22

Can someone let us know if it allows you to enter a flight plan from inside the unit? Carenado avoided this question like the plague on facebook...

No, you have to load the flight plan from the simulator and then it will be loaded on the G1000. It is not currently possible to load a flight plan from inside the unit on this G1000. Maybe with a future revision...

Really? What a shame, bloody shame.

It definitely looks nice lol
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kernelPANIC View Post
    No, you have to load the flight plan from the simulator and then it will be loaded on the G1000. It is not currently possible to load a flight plan from inside the unit on this G1000. Maybe with a future revision...
    What are your ties to Carenado? Based on your comment you sound as if you are on the dev team.
    Curious members would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    What are your ties to Carenado? Based on your comment you sound as if you are on the dev team.
    Curious members would like to know.
    I do customer support for Carenado and aircraft development on Alabeo (Although I'm here on personal grounds and not representing anybody, I was just trying to clarify things for those who asked).

Quote Originally Posted by N428ER View Post
    Really? What a shame, bloody shame.
    Really I'm not surprised. Im camping in -40 f windchill but when I come back I'm buying it easy.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Getting this one soon as I get home. When not flying warbirds I have been flying their 182T all over hell and back. Thank you Carenado.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

I will pass on this one. Don't need yet another aircraft with poorly modeled avionics. Sigh...

I do customer support for Carenado and aircraft development on Alabeo (Although I'm here on personal grounds and not representing anybody, I was just trying to clarify things for those who asked).
    What happened to the GeeBee? It was announced on Twitter that it would be released soon,That was over 2 weeks ago.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I will pass on this one. Don't need yet another aircraft with poorly modeled avionics. Sigh...
    You could always buy the G1000 simulator from Garmin.... ----> https://buy.garmin.com/shop/search.do?searchStr=G1000

ttfn

Pete

WOW! It's gorgeous!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Please let them do it for FS2004!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    What happened to the GeeBee? It was announced on Twitter that it would be released soon,That was over 2 weeks ago.
    Not Carenado. Albeao. Same house, different team. GeeBee and Staggerwing high on my list.

I bought it. I like it. I went in knowing what to expect (and not to expect Flight1 G1000-like avionics). It flies well, looks great. The sounds are lacking... they won't sound quite like the cirruses that fly around duluth... and the sound is very muffled during cruise, and a little distorted...

The LVL button works hehe (but we've been doing this for a long time in FS!) Night lighting is good, smooth gauges (even the g1000 is decent). I'm finding the clickspots easy to manipulate compared to previous releases. The A/P behavior is typical (misses localizer intercepts and has to correct back), but I find it works pretty good overall. There is one annoying bug I found so far with the avionics. The push direct to course knob doesn't work (similar to heading where you'd make the heading sync - the course knob usually points to the station and the direct course to - doesn't work with this release)

I'm not having fps issues like some people were reporting.

Flight model seems fine from my limited SR22 time. I found the yaw axis to be quite sensitive on this version. I flew an older G1 SR22 and the rudder wasn't nearly this touchy both on the roll and airborne. Could be my hardware, could be my lack of time. Matt what do you think?

Overall, possible a little pricey for what you get but I love the Cirrus so I was bound to get it anyway

p.s. I stuck the RXP 530W as a popup in this plane. The A/P works like usual and tracks the various legs. I bet if you put the link on in the .ini file it might show on the G1000 MFD? I don't use that so maybe someone could check?

p.s.s The turbo seems to be working fairly well yay! Numbers for a quick typical high altitude test are close (FL250 - I'm getting 17.5 gph @ 83% power) I should be doing 18.3 gph @ 85% power. ISA TAS should be 214 and I'm getting 213 really nice!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It's coming out early Feb (as in the first 10 days of Feb). We try to time our releases so they don't clash with each other (SR22 came out today). But the next one on the pipeline is the GeeBee.
    Cheers,Thanks very much!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Flight model seems fine from my limited SR22 time. I found the yaw axis to be quite sensitive on this version. I flew an older G1 SR22 and the rudder wasn't nearly this touchy both on the roll and airborne. Could be my hardware, could be my lack of time. Matt what do you think?
    Well, Ryan...If the 22 you flew was an Avidyne equipped aircraft, then that would say a lot about the rudder sensitivity. I have flown all Cirrus models, and the new gen aircraft---those with the perspective avionics, all have done away with the 'rudder/aileron interconnect'. That flight control feature essentially 'tied' the rudder to the ailerons to make for smoother, more coordinated turns even if the pilot was lazy with his feet..It didn't mean you could fly feet-off, just that it eased coordination (and a few other things). In the newer Cirrus aircraft, if one was to approach and compare, say, ramp stance...the first thing you would notice is that there is more dihedral with the older gen aircraft, and they also sit lower to the ground. A bit of the dihedral has been removed and ground stance raised on the newer models (also for a number of applicable reasons). So, in essence, if this addon (I have yet to purchase it) has what seems to be a 'sensitive' rudder, that would be why. Having flown the new models, I can attest that they indeed are far more foot-sensitive than earlier models
    Matt

Thanks .... seems the touchy yaw axis is correct then.

The only other question is about descent. Out of FL250 I had full power in (around 83%) and in a -1000 fpm descent I wasn't redlining. In fact I barely went past vno. This plane is far more slippery than that isn't it?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Thanks .... seems the touchy yaw axis is correct then.

The only other question is about descent. Out of FL250 I had full power in (around 83%) and in a -1000 fpm descent I wasn't redlining. In fact I barely went past vno. This plane is far more slippery than that isn't it?
    Well, TBH, I would assume so...but I haven't delved that deeply into high altitude flying IRL in the Cirrus so i would hesitate to comment. A lot of factors there...but maybe one of my COPA Turbo owner friends can shed some light on it, assuming he isn't out flying right now lol....
    Matt

No longer active
    If you look at Engine out glide table you will see that the SR22 isn't a slippery airplane. just average. Not surprisingly if you don't have a retractable gear...

I did look at it this morning... 8:1 ish yeah not nearly as well as I thought!

Still you would think at full power in a descent the thing would overspeed? I guess technically it is at 180 kias. Which is past VNE at FL250 (170 kias)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

No longer active
    Max crz pwr at FL250 results in approx 140kias.....looong way to Vne in a shallow descent

Not at all impressed by this release!

Quote Originally Posted by N428ER View Post
    Not at all impressed by this release!

Please tell us why? Some might be on the fence about this item.

Members who have read this thread: 0