Bad Duck - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Duck

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    How do I unzip this file?
    Rick
    Rick, It requires 7-Zip. You can get it here. http://www.7-zip.org/

Wow! What an impressive model, had a blast doing some water touch & goes!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks again !

Fits right in here for some brown water landings (Laos) . I know this is a WIP but this bird shows you already have put a heck of a lot of hours into it . It flies and handles very well . Looking forward to some additional paints from our talented group of painters here and try it out on some rivers in New Guinea and other tropical areas .

Thanks again Paul , Great job .

:ernae:

Paul, am I right in understanding this is your first attempt at an FS model?

Very nice. I love the gauges and detailed parts like the aileron control rods!

This ain't no "Bad Duck" it's a "Wonderful Duck"

Thank you Paul, enjoying every second of flying it, love your attention to detail.:salute:.

Did it. It took three passes to get it right...
    Not the easiest machine to land on a carrier, but what fun! Thanks a lot Paul!

Paul this plane is just great, if any one is getting nose flip when using brakes, try this.
    In the cfg under brakes!!!
    toe_brakes_scale=0.50
    //toe_brakes_scale=1.0

Thanks again Paul!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Quote Originally Posted by FentiFlier1 View Post
    Did it. It took three passes to get it right...
    Not the easiest machine to land on a carrier, but what fun! Thanks a lot Paul!
    Did you actually catch the wire? I have not been able to as of yet and wasn't sure if it was working. I wasn't sure if it would nose over or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    Paul this plane is just great, if any one is getting nose flip when using brakes, try this.
    In the cfg under brakes!!!
    toe_brakes_scale=0.50
    //toe_brakes_scale=1.0

Thanks again Paul!!!
    Great! This is what I was hoping for. I will take any suggestions to improve the model.

Dirty Duck WIP

Paul,

I would be delighted to try your Duck. I have FSX operating with a low grade graphics card but I would like to have the Duck in my hanger.

Thanks for your generous offer.

Tbearflying

Paul,

Looks fantastic. Just downloaded the Duck. How do I get the password?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

How do you unzip with 7z? I click to open the file, and get nothing...can't find the Duck file anywhere?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    How do you unzip with 7z? I click to open the file, and get nothing...can't find the Duck file anywhere?
    Oh nevermind...figured it out. Had a senior moment. Now to check out this Duck.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Paul,

could you send met the password as well please. It's looking great, I folowed the developement post earlier.
    I'll be home tomorrow, to give it a shot.

Cheers, and thanks for you gift.

Bye, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Videre Vincere Est

I would surely like a copy! That Duck looks great! :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FentiFlier1 View Post
    :ernae:

Very nice. I love the gauges and detailed parts like the aileron control rods!
    Trying moving to the navigator's seat, and then down to the windows between the fuselage and the float. Here you can see that all the controls underneath the cabin floor are modelled in great detail as well!

What a nice aircraft!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

This is a really nice airplane. I did some carrier landings last night on Bruce Fitzgerald's USS Enterprise (CV-6). Worked OK except for the annoying nose-over tendency common to all tail-dragger types in FSX. I move the main gear contact points 2-3 ft forward and that usually cures the nose-overs without changing the visual presentation of the plane on deck. Haven't tried it with the Duck yet. BTW Paul, I'm gonna risk embarrassing myself here and ask, how do you turn the landing lights on??? Hitting the L key doesn't work, nor do the toggles on the RH panel.

First aircraft??? Fantastic

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Paul,

Thank you for your reply, am I right color? (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Paul,

could you send met the password as well please. It's looking great, I folowed the developement post earlier.
    I'll be home tomorrow, to give it a shot.

Cheers, and thanks for you gift.

Bye, Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    I would surely like a copy! That Duck looks great! :salute:
    Send me a PM for the password. I'm making a list of all the people who are trying the Duck for notification of updates as they develop.

Quote Originally Posted by jungle_balloo View Post
    Paul,
    Thank you for your reply, am I right color? (lol)
    Thank you jungle_balloo for your support of SOH. Would you PM me once again?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    This is a really nice airplane. I did some carrier landings last night on Bruce Fitzgerald's USS Enterprise (CV-6). Worked OK except for the annoying nose-over tendency common to all tail-dragger types in FSX. I move the main gear contact points 2-3 ft forward and that usually cures the nose-overs without changing the visual presentation of the plane on deck. Haven't tried it with the Duck yet. BTW Paul, I'm gonna risk embarrassing myself here and ask, how do you turn the landing lights on??? Hitting the L key doesn't work, nor do the toggles on the RH panel.
    Ah...lights! Sorry just one of many things left to be done such as the gear retraction crank. You will find that there is a lot to be done but eventualy with a little guidence from my friends here, I will get them done.

I'm an engine lover, so for me this model is really it!

Great aircraft, I love it. Ran a enjoyable patrol flight from Ondonga to Barakoma. Good work!
    Paul, your approach of releasing the Duck as it is now is great. It makes me think of releasing the Solomons just here on SOH as a premature version, why not.

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Members who have read this thread: 2