Ten reasons (or more) to donate for SOH drive
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten reasons (or more) to donate for SOH drive

Ten reasons (or more) to donate for SOH drive

For me the most important reason to support the SOH is the fact I most probably find more news about things which have my interest here than anywhere else and a donation is much cheaper than a subscribtion on a fancy glossy magazine.

I'm sure there must me more than 10 reason so please supply your reason!

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    ..Because you promised to beat me up if I wouldn't...

J/k! (No really, someone call the police!)

How much time do we all spend here every day, week, or year?

For $10 you can't even see a movie anymore these days, or get a burger and some fries.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

if only to see there are more propellorheads like me!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The news to noise ratio is very high here. I read a lot and don't feel a need to post unless I have something to add.:salute:
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

I come here because:

1) There are a lot of sim-seasoned veterans here who participate and welcome new less-seasoned simmers
    2) The vast majority here have earned my respect for their knowledge and willingness to share it
    3) People here are genuinely interested in the flight sim community and contribute to the growth of like-minded membership
    4) Those in #1 above show respect for the less seasoned among us and welcome all as equal (potential) contributors
    5) There is a feeling of "family" here
    6) This is a member supported site and we care about its overall quality
    7) You haven't run me off yet :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I come here because:

1) No matter your experience level in flight simming you are made to feel welcome
    2)The wealth of knowledge available is second to none
    3) And last but not least, members who ask nothing in return are providing us with aircraft and other creations that would make some payware companies blush...

Quote Originally Posted by Overshoe View Post
    The news to noise ratio is very high here. I read a lot and don't feel a need to post unless I have something to add.:salute:

you make me feel quilty.........

I started coming here shortly after I bought FS2004, when it was released. I downloaded a P-38 made by somebody called “dcc”. I had a question about it on some “other” site and was told to visit here, where this dcc character could most likely be found. Not only did I find him, but David Copely was very kind and helpful, answering all the questions and more, from this unknown “newby”. I’ve never left. Never had a reason to. I received the same helpful treatment from Milton, Gnoopey, fliger747, and anyone else I ever had a question for. It seemed very different from the other places I had visited...

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I'm guessing a lot of you are wondering why I have yet to contribute.
    Sensibly, I can not at this time. So for the time being, my name remains blue. Like our RW.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I come here because:

1) There are a lot of sim-seasoned veterans here who participate and welcome new less-seasoned simmers
    2) The vast majority here have earned my respect for their knowledge and willingness to share it
    3) People here are genuinely interested in the flight sim community and contribute to the growth of like-minded membership
    4) Those in #1 above show respect for the less seasoned among us and welcome all as equal (potential) contributors
    5) There is a feeling of "family" here
    6) This is a member supported site and we care about its overall quality
    7) You haven't run me off yet :-)

Geezz... I would NEVER want to do that, Milton. So my reason for comming here is that I feel a sense of "belonging" to something worthwhile. I feel that I have made a few friends here over time. The very least I can do is help out a little, I'm not much more than a nuisance for the rest of it.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH is the single most important flightsim addon available. And the price is such a good deal. Seriously, if SOH disappeared, how much would your flightsim experience diminish? No one to share ideas with, get inspiration from, learn new flightsim tricks and tweaks, share experiences with, learn about other off the wall topics, find support with flightsim and life in general, have a social outlet, have a creative outlet, entertainment, and I am sure there is more!!!

Now quit bragging about your "rig", and spend a little money on SOH instead of the latest computer parts. Your computer is junk if you cannot use it to donate to SOH!

Just my "2 cents".

I know there are are other flightsim sites, but only one SOH.

Daniel
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Because you come for the files but stay for the people.

SOH really is a one-of-a-kind place on the internet and it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it.

Catholic guilt. It's hard you know.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I come here because it is home away from home. When I'm on duty in the US I come here because of the Canadian Membership and there Armed Forces Vets to keep me informed on my Canuk home and Vice verse when I'm on duty In Canada. So SOH provides me a inter communication between my homes of the US and Canada and our Armed Forces that I serve. Sempar Paratus and Ka Ganawaitak Saguenay.
    SOH a donation will be coming soon, I'm just finishing up my Canada and US Taxes.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2015
    I come here for the cheap booze...and to pick up chicks.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Any outfit that sends ya a note from half the away around the world saying Happy Birthday has to be worth ten Bucks Sheep in our case

Videre Vincere Est
    Because i like the smiley-collection here :cost1:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Like Kilo, I come for the chicks... they're all soooooo beeeeyoootiiiifuuuuul!

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Your avatar helps a lot too. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've made a couple donations thus far. This site is one the few I visit several times a day. Although I haven't been active with flight simulation for a couple years (now just getting back into it), I have tried to stay current with all that's going on.

SOH members have SO much experience, and I appreciate the knowledge shared. I feel like I have a lot of friends on this site, and it is definitely worth supporting! Thank you Ickie, and everyone associated with the administration of this site.

Pete Ward

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Don't say things like that! My wife already suspects something just because of my avatar......

Another reason for me to donate for the SOH is the fact people can contact me here. Most of the read-me files which I include in my repaints end with "If there is any reason to contact me, just look or me at the Sim-Outhouse".

Cheers,
    Huub

I would like to add that this is the place where I met most of the great people who were willing to help me effortlessly to create the Douglas DC2 package.
    Flightmodel, paint job, coding, effect edditing, beta testing, (moddeling) tips from fellow developers, help with forum and website.
    Great guys and a gall, who do this for the love of planes, flying and flightsimulation.
    Ofcourse all volunteers, helping to keep that one of two DC2's in airworthy condition.
    Hopefully we will see her fly again this season, when all paperwork is accepted and signed.

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

All of the above.
    This is a great place.

Dear Friends,

Donations are down to a trickle and we are still short $2000+.

I ask that if your name is in blue to please consider a small donation to help us get to the goal to pay our annual bandwidth bills.

We have 11 days to the end of the month and time is running out.

If you feel SOH and its membership has value to you, and you can afford to give without hurting life's necessities, we would certainly appreciate your support.

Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I donated as soon as the "bandwidth drive" started although I'm new here. Well, to be honest I had been reading topics regularly for a year before...

I realised that I was getting all my flight sim news here including news of freeware planes and skins, enjoying all the interesting threads and the fascinating projects like the Harpoon or the Solomons scenery and many others. The fact this is an advert & pop-up free space is a big plus. It is also very civilised unlike some other places.

All in all my donation is money very well spent. I will donate a second time if need be.

Owen.

Members who have read this thread: 0