F-35 Freeware version released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F-35 Freeware version released!

Thank you very much----stunning work!
    Michael

very amazing loving it alot

Really Enjoying how it Hovers
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thanks for this Dino, and of course for all the great aircraft that you have given to the flightsim group. Your aircraft are held in high regard here and praise for you and your efforts are well deserved. Thank you, Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

SOH-CM-2023
    Exquisite model, beautifully done. Many thanks for your gift to FSX simmers.

I am having crash to desktop issues when attempting to go for a flight with this aircraft ... anyone else having issues ? Mike :isadizzy:

I already had purchased the payware version, but had to drop a big thank you here to Dino for his fantastic contributions to the Flight Sim community! Nice to see this awesome plane made available to a wider audience.

Beautiful job Dino, thanks very much.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    I am having crash to desktop issues when attempting to go for a flight with this aircraft ... anyone else having issues ? Mike :isadizzy:
    Haven't tried the latest version yet, but never had any trouble with earlier versions. Is this your only plane wih this problem?

From me too a big

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

@Flyboy 208 - Crash to Desktop may happen if you do not have Acceleration. FSX:A is required for the F-35 to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    From this Avsim address the download process start perfectly well and at 99 % completed
    my PC send me a warning window indicating me that finally, the file will not be downloaded
    on my PC for "security" reasons.

I have "Microsoft Security Essentials" for protection.

Can you help me ?

VaporZ

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    From this Avsim address the download process start perfectly well and at 99 % completed
    my PC send me a warning window indicating me that finally, the file will not be downloaded

Can you help me ?

VaporZ
    Download from Dino's site goes OK with Security Esentials.

I don't spend alot of time with FSX, but the F-35B looked like loads of fun... so I downloaded the model and went for a little joyride. All I can say is WOW! This jet ROCKS the BLOCK!! Excellent work!!! Thanks Dino for sharing your talent!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post

Can you help me ?

VaporZ
    Is MSE fully uptodate ?
    I have W7 with MSE and just downloaded from AVSIM without problem.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Is MSE fully uptodate ?
    I have W7 with MSE and just downloaded from AVSIM without problem.

Rob
    I've the same configuration and no problems for me too!

Hello Dino,

I have downloade and installed your wonderful models of F-35A, B and C. You have done a remarkable work. Thank you very much.

The Canada probably cannot afford a real one since the cost for 65 aircraft for 30 yaers will cost us a minimum à 40 billion $. And it is not the final price since the developpment is not yet complete. So your virtual models are particulary welcome

I wish you, and your family, a new year 2013 full of joy, freindship and good healrh.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

F-35 Freeware version released

Hi Dino ,
    I have been downloading and using your products for a number of years now . I apologize for not thanking you sooner . Excellent work you should be proud ! Myself and all the members of the forum are thankful for your work I'm sure . Best wishes in the future .
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Download from Dino's site goes OK with Security Esentials.
    Thanks for the tip Stickshaker.
    The download and install worked perfectly !

And I just finished a mission in and out ( Team SDB Scenery ) Canadian Force base Cold Lake Alberta
    with Dino's F-35A !!!

Wow !!!!

This superb project is quite "light" on FPS loading.
    With my current settings I have quite a stable 25 FPS readings with stable peaks over 30 FPS on
    external images options !!!

I want to sincerly thank Mr. Dino Cattaneo for this super cool freeware gift for the beginning of 2013 !!!

"Grazie Mille"
    :ernae:
    VaporZ

Hmm. I am getting almost slide show fps on my system that otherwise can handle most loads. Anyone having similar issues or try swapping out the hi res for lower res textures?

Fantastic work Dino and most generous of you to make freeware. Looking forward to the Tomcat.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

F35 WIll not launch in Flight Deck 4

I have the F35 ready for catshot on Ronald Reagan in FD 4 and if you release the parking brake (see instructions) it will only roll down the cat and not launch.
    I tried with other aircraft and they will launch as per instruction (see below), not the F35.
    It will launch on the Enterprise and other carriers. On other carriers, the launch sequence is more involved then in FD4.
    Press Shift + U then Shift + 1 then Shift + Space Bar = Launch.

Attachment 78300

Dino's F-35C is set up for the catapult and arresting operations introduced by the FSX Acceleration expansion pack. You can take advantage of this by using Javier's Nimitz or the default Acceleration carrier. The controls are Shift+U to lower the launch bar, Shift+I to connect to the catapult, and Shift+Spacebar to launch. Lower the tailhook before landing by using Shift+Q.

Abacus uses a non standard implementation of carrier functionality.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Dino's F-35C is set up for the catapult and arresting operations introduced by the FSX Acceleration expansion pack. You can take advantage of this by using Javier's Nimitz or the default Acceleration carrier. The controls are Shift+U to lower the launch bar, Shift+I to connect to the catapult, and Shift+Spacebar to launch. Lower the tailhook before landing by using Shift+Q.

Abacus uses a non standard implementation of carrier functionality.
    I guess I should of made mention that I DID use that launch sequence and it doesn't work for FS4.

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    I guess I should of made mention that I DID use that launch sequence and it doesn't work for FS4.
    FS4 ?? I assume you mean Flight Deck 4 ??

But seriously:
    Flight Deck 4 was a product created for FS2004 (FS9); since you do need FSX-Acceleration for this F-35 aircraft, why would you even bother to use FlightDeck4 for this addon ??
    IF it even works in FSX-Acceleration (I've never tried it) at all, everything in this FD4 package (launch/arrest features, aircraft addons, carrier addons) is completely outdated compared to todays available freeware. So why use it ?

Please explain ....

Rob

Yes, the F-35 is designed to Acceleration standards - and should work fine with all the Acceleration-compatible carriers (the default one, Javier's Nimitz series, the Clemenceau and the new Enterprise...and may be others that do not come to my mind).
    Compatibility with older methods of simulation carrier ops is not granted.

Aside, I'd like to publicly thank Rob for having convinced me that proper STOVL operation for the F-35B was feasibile, and for the fantastic implementation he delivered: great job!

Members who have read this thread: 3