de Havilland Dash 7 FSX Port-Over Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: de Havilland Dash 7 FSX Port-Over Released

de Havilland Dash 7 FSX Port-Over Released

The de Havilland Dash 7 goes Gold. Two packages, FSX Port-over and FS9 Native, containing 3 models, 7 liveries, 4 FM's by 2 authors (FSX and FS9), and custom panels, gauges, and sounds.

Thanks to all of you who participated in the beta testing efforts. Twenty-one issues or suggestions were identified most of which were addressed.

In addition I added VC Rain, correctly implemented condition levers, improved lighting and vc gauge backlighting, yoke textures, floor textures in the cockpit rear area, etc.

There were a few items I did not address due to impact on mapping and textures, or no real effect on performance or operations, or not possible. For example, I could not slow the spoiler rate of extension because the spoilers are alse used as spoilerons. I did not do separate loadouts for the passenger, combi, or empty bay area models. I did not fix the OMI test switch to light the lights.

The FSX package is separate and not useable in FS9. It has 2048 DXT5 primary textures and the panel.cfg is different regarding gauges not compatible there. The FM's were built and tested for FSX.

There is a follow-on bonus package coming with a full cargo unit and the Canadian Ice Recon models. This will likely be released in January. There will also be an additional 5 liveries or so.

The paint kit is not yet available and I do not have a time frame for that yet. Likely in January.

Thanks to Mike Kelly who really pushed this project to a higher level; thanks to Bernt Stolle and Tom Falley for giving us flight models from guys who actually flew the Dash 7's; thanks to Nigel Richards who developed some really great sounds for the Dash 7 from actual Dash 7 recordings, and to Scott Thomas who over time, developed the panels and gauges.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton and team, thanks very much for this classic xmass gift!!
    Much appreciated!
    Anneke

That's great news Milton!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Milton, it is Christmas time at SOH!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks,been looking forward to this one.

Thanks Milton and Teammates! Another fine DeHavilland for the hangar! :salute:

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Many thanks This was always one of my favorites

And a merry Christmas to Milton and team as well. As soon as I return from vacation ill be loading this up in FSX.

+1 Thanks Milton!
    Merry Christmas! :ernae:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks so much, always liked this model.

Small hitch when it rains the cockpit windows become blue opaque.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

must be christmas!

thank you,SANTAMILTASa dehavillandcollectorthat will do nicelycheersH
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Thanks so much, always liked this model.

Small hitch when it rains the cockpit windows become blue opaque.
    You will need the FS9 to FSX Portover VCRain fix ... Google it, pick it up from Flight1 free.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

So is this a native FSX model or an FS9 model ported to FSX?

From the first post it reads like a FS9 model ported to FSX.

Regardless thanks for the update!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    So is this a native FSX model or an FS9 model ported to FSX?

From the first post it reads like a FS9 model ported to FSX.

Regardless thanks for the update!
    The title really says it all:

"de Havilland Dash 7 FSX Port-Over Released"

This is an all new FS9 model with primary textures developed at 2048 saved as DXT5 and used a shared texture folder with a texture.cfg file, flight models developed for FSX, and tested since last January in FSX, and beta tested in FSX SP2 with Accel.

With that said, it is an FS9 model, built for FS9 but made more friendly as an FSX port over.

It is NOT FSX Native, makes no pretenses that it is, and does not remotely compare in quality to native FSX native models. And if you are that concerned about it being native, I think you will be disappointed. Don't waste your time with it.

All the extra efforts were invested for those simmers who are okay with flying portovers, not to appease native enthusiasts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

VCRain fix did the job thanks

Amazing plane. Thanks again Mr. Milton and team :salute:
    From Deline to Tulita:

May i ask:
    - Can someone tell if a Air Kenya Express paint is available for this bird?
    - Is there a way to reduce the intensity of landing and taxi light? Itīs diffcult to see the runway with them.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thank you very much Milton and Team. I still remember taking this bird all over FS2k2 back in the day
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Easy...

As I said thanks for the update!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Amazing plane. Thanks again Mr. Milton and team :salute:
    From Deline to Tulita:

May i ask:
    - Can someone tell if a Air Kenya Express paint is available for this bird?
    - Is there a way to reduce the intensity of landing and taxi light? Itīs diffcult to see the runway with them.
    There are no paints for this aircraft; all new exterior and mapping for textures. Paint kit will be avaialbe in January.

You should never use the landing lights except on approach and takeoff.

Never use taxi lights with landing lights. Taxi lights are for ground maneuvers.

I agree that the 4 landing lights are bright. Use them to land, turn them off once on the runway and don't blind your fellow pilots.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Easy...

As I said thanks for the update!

Sorry if I was a bit abrupt; I'm a bit punchy right now from too many hours trying to get this out. :isadizzy:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Sorry if I was a bit abrupt; I'm a bit punchy right now from too many hours trying to get this out. :isadizzy:
    Well Merry Christmas!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Model Updates to Correct Condition Lever Ops

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

One more time with feeling - thank you, thank you, Milton! :salute:

Thank you Milton and crew, for the Dash. I missed this plane!! What a great present!!!! I remember the first one very well.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 3