You get cold Ickie?

Thread: You get cold Ickie?

You get cold Ickie?

My goodness--temps in the mid 30's last night!

Had to turn the heat on.

Why oh why must we endure these arctic temperatures!!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    My goodness--temps in the mid 30's last night! Had to turn the heat on. Why oh why must we endure these arctic temperatures!!
    Well, TeaSea, I'm not Ickie but, way up here in South Georgia, I have my heat on too. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.....The City of Tifton has just announced a rate increase on natural gas...

RD

Charter Member 2016
    I see no valid reason for winter. There doesn't seem to be any problems with the lower half of the planet and their paradise of endless summer ! I don't understand people who tell me "Oh, winter is so pretty, the quiet snowfalls, the interesting slush and ice, the bitter, icy wind. . .etc.".

No. Winter should be banned like the malicious, cold-hearted troll that it is. Ickie, please, see to it, eh ?

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Members +
    Today on the Gulf Coast Fl. it got a bit chilly..Promises to be 34 deg. tonight!...The Mad Scramble to warm up the citrus trees is on....already native Floridians are shivering...they now put on pants,sweaters ,jackets,and hats.Beach's and Pools empty.....As an unwilling transplant from the Mountains of upper NY..I LOVE COLD WEATHER!!...A Bit of SNOW would be great..Forcing Santa to put his Johns on.....This Tropical hell now takes on a differant look,no longer do the citizens look like Ship Wrecked Survivors ,and now look normal!...The Bugs,Snakes,Lizards,and the Gators are laying low...All Air conditioners are off...and some where in the Air a wiff of a wood fire is wonderful

Winter is good for the soul,it invigorates the mind,prompts activity,challenges all...But Here in the After life? This Bone Yard?...ITS HELL for these sun baked ,half naked,lethargic,air conditioned living Florida old Geezer citizens........I LOVE WINTER!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fn9Jba6zyw

do they even sell coats in florida?

i dont know why im startin to bag on floridians....i live in warm cali and i havent owned a coat since childhood.....sheeesh

Blog Entries
    last night it got down to 49* here in st pete, but its 75* here in the house, lol
    Look What I Have Become!

Please note that I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska....I have earned Florida.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

I just checked Weather Underground for tomorrow's weather in preparation for going RC flying, there is a freeze warning in effect for tomorrow morning.

RD

Interstate 80 over donner summit is closed right now due to heavy snow and wrecks.....or as i just heard on my scanner from a CHP officer to a Cal Fire BC..these dorks are so geeked out to go sking,they dont pay attention to eachother or the conditions....let'em wreck.....gotta love these officers at times like this...cold..wet..tired...grumpy...and in dire need of a hug....lol

My son lives in Janesville, WI, and via a weather app on my Blackberry, I watched the temps drop from 14 to single digits. Brrrrrrr. Here in the Lone Star state it dipped into the high 30s but back up in the mid-60s today.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

My goodness--temps in the mid 30's last night!

Why oh why must we endure these arctic temperatures!!
    PFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!

That's not even close to "arctic" temps.

It's -20C (-4F) here and this is 'cold', not frigid!

Sure I got my winter parka out last night and I wear gloves, but it's too warm to put the hood up or zip the coat all the way up...

Now walking home in the real arctic (Inuvik, not those temperate places like Anchorage) at -51C is frigid, but the aurora was gorgeous and clear that night...

Mind you, a week ago I was having lunch on the beach in Mexico and I'm still wondering why I came home ( yes dear, I know the grandkids are coming over for Christmas, but they have a key...)

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    My son lives in Janesville, WI, and via a weather app on my Blackberry, I watched the temps drop from 14 to single digits. Brrrrrrr. Here in the Lone Star state it dipped into the high 30s but back up in the mid-60s today.
    30's isn't cold at all, that's a heat wave to me. Although I'm enjoying my stationing in Texas. But I miss the hard temps of my Canuk home of Yellowknife. Now there is cold an only Two area's compares in the lower US, Int. Fall MN and Green Bay WI. srgalahad please stop mentioning Inuvik, your getting me home sick.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Iam not far from Green Bay. We just had a 11-12 inch snow fall on thursday/friday. Overnight temps are near 10F above. Cool but not real cold yet.

Members +
    Be Like "BUFFALO JOE" at Yellowknife...If the man came South ? why he would melt into a yellow puddle!...We Nehandrahls LOVE WINTER,COLD,ICE,and Snow!..No coconuts or grass skirts...Leave the Margeraties be..Drink YUKON JACK!!!

"a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and their cabins warm , boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth, there is no spirit like Yukon Jack"<label for="rb_iconid_19"></label>

It's the cursed cold and it's got right hold-

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Please note that I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska....I have earned Florida.
    It is -38 at the Fairbanks airport right now. It has warmed up today apparently.

Yes, remember those days well....when it was too cold to ski and anything above -20 Fahrenheit was actually pretty nice.