Edgley Optica now released! (21.December) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Edgley Optica now released! (21.December)

Thanks for this beauty! What a great Christmas present!

--Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

FULL!!! Thank you so much for the fixes!! The glass looks awesome now!!! Merry Christmas sir!

I change a little view for TiR users and panorama (now if You look left Your head enter "in door" a little).
    With this modifications view doesnt be center with stick (like on screen, but no this problem if You look left). Aircraft.cfg:

[Views]
    eyepoint=4.29, -1.32, 1.33

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    yes, i changed the original viewpoint to center on the stick and chair. really, it needed to be centered and moved forward with the amount of zoom being reduced, but i dont know how to change the zoom factor.. even zoom level 0.90 would take your head out of the door. I just dont know how..

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I change a little view for TiR users and panorama (now if You look left Your head enter "in door" a little).
    With this modifications view doesnt be center with stick (like on screen, but no this problem if You look left). Aircraft.cfg:

[Views]
    eyepoint=4.29, -1.32, 1.33
    Don't touch left to right, you don't accomplish anything except throw off your center. I also use trackIR and simply changed the first set of numbers from 4.29 to 4.69 which moves you forward so that you're sitting "in" the seat rather than sitting "inside" the seat if you get my meaning. This allows you to look left and back and see the entire interior and also allows you to look outside and back to view the gear and wing area.

Disclaimer: This works for me, works perfectly actually. . .That does not necessarily mean it will work perfectly for you, however I still believe that the proper view can be accomplished by changing the first numbers and no others.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

for me, i find

[Views]
    eyepoint=4.55, -1.50, 1.33

a bit easier,

im a fraction fwd and a fraction right

but each to their own

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is this a rare, radical, modern design, but it is an excellent model that was well crafted, and the textures are amazing!

Nice work, Craig!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thank you for this New Plane !! merry Xmas aswell
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Many thanks for this superb model, I dind it very nice to fly ;-)

Best
    DagR

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks a lot.
    I like it
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

I've adjusted the viewpoint thingies too though. Thanks for the plane. Very cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Many thanks for a beautiful model and freebee, Craig and Pam. Great for low and slow. Terrain textures have time to display full resolution.

This truly is a GREAT Christmas gift. I wounder if you guys new it would be SUCH a great hit with us all;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I am not fond of unusual or weird looking aircraft. But my son is a fan of the strange. That said, Oh BOY I love this plane!!! Thank you for the sweet gift.

My son is a police officer and when he gets some spare time I am sure he will love it too.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Center seat camera view

Add this to the aircraft.cfg file for a center seat viewpoint. You can change the Initialzoom setting as you desire if 50% is too wide of an angle. Cycle to the view while in VC mode with the A key. I've adjusted the pan rate for faster viewing left/right and up/down movement using your hat switch.

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title = "Center Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=0.55, 0.00, 0.05
    InitialPbh=6, 0, 0
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thank you for this most interesting aircraft

Thank you Craig and Pam for this unique aircraft. I'm having great fun with her and she's brilliant for admiring scenery low and slow.

Also thanks Craig for some of your other brilliant releases this year, particularly the FSX native conversions of the old favourites from FS2004. As a vintage aviation buff, it was great to have these back in the FS skies again.

Happy New Year to you and yours,

Ade

I've been watching this thread.

I downloaded and installed this plane a couple days ago from flightsim.com

My question is.Do I need to download and install the optica_fix.zip that I'm seeing in this thread?.

THX

GrayRider
    Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX460SSC 1024MB of GDDR 5, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, Crucial M4 - 64GB SATA III MLC SSD for boot drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm SATA III for FSX, Samsung 2TB 7200rpm SATA II for backup, Monitor - Alienware 21.5" OPTX LCD

Hi GrayRider, the most up to date model is available on my website

www.classicwings.net

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2
    Craig

Thanks Full.

I got your latest version from your link.I deleted the previous version I had.So I won't worry about the fix update that was showing up.

GrayRider
    Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX460SSC 1024MB of GDDR 5, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, Crucial M4 - 64GB SATA III MLC SSD for boot drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm SATA III for FSX, Samsung 2TB 7200rpm SATA II for backup, Monitor - Alienware 21.5" OPTX LCD

Anyone know why this crashes P3D v4.1? It looks like it should work when looking at the files that make it up. The preview comes up fine but when you actually try to load it, P3D crashes.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 2