Bear Studios Flanker B+ available now - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bear Studios Flanker B+ available now

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I knew you would! ;-)
    I knew you would say that :-)

IMHO i have to say i like the ALS Sim Flanker better, but it lacks a tandem seat.

Gonna be tweaking and painting next weeks (between my already over-buzy scedule)......

Great heads up regarding this little bird. Strange thing is that @ Simmarket they state it has been there for quite some time, but i never noticed it.
    Must be a form of misinterpretation by me or something.....

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post

IMHO i have to say i like the ALS Sim Flanker better, but it lacks a tandem seat.

Is there something definitive about the ALS that you like it better or something less tangible?

I have the ALS, so other then the two seater, it needs to be a step up to be worth getting another model.

Blog Entries
    If its modeled correctly as i suspect, then its behavior is going to be a bit different than the ALS Flanker simply because 1. its a russian export version, and 2. its chinese which means theyve done some of their own stuff.. I've also got ALS, and Alpha Sims for fs9, but i'll be getting this one as well, and I'm building a flanker myself ( or at least the fde for one )..

anyone know if it floods when you use it online? if it does not i may get a copy
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    At this moment, according to the news agency http://rt.com/news/fifth-generation-...an-engine-261/ The J-20 is using AL-31F engines from the Su-27 Flanker B ( a much lighter aircraft ). As china doesnt have the technology at this time to construct reliable 5G engines such as the AL-41FC1 used in its J-15 it has to rely on Russia to provide such engines. However, at this time, Their only option is to disassemble older aircraft and use those engines for their new aircraft. This causes the J-20 to at this moment be underpowered and underrmaneuverable lacking the full benefits of using the designed 5G engines.The one very positive thing that can be said of it is that it is definitely a whole new design not at all based on any other countries designs in any way. As to what the future holds for it and its place in world aviation, only time will tell..And yes, Grat Job Bear .. will be looking to see many more..
    I don't think AL-41F can be commissioned in short period even for Russian airforce. The AL-41F was supposed to be the powerplant for theSoviet era designed 5G fighter (US standard 4G) MiG 1.42/1.44. Currently, for the similar looking, but according to Russian, fully re-designed Su-35 is using the 117S as its powerplant. Again, the 117S is a much improved/enhanced version of AL-31F. About engine for J-20, we don't have any official information. Till now, there are different gestimations, some say it's using AF-31F, other say it's Chinese made WS10 which is said either a direct copy or with technical inputs but an improved version of AL-31F sincer there are more than one prototypes according to publically available photo shots on internet. Since so far there is no confirmed information on weight of J-20, so it is difficult for anyeone to judge what's its thrust-weight ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by woyaofei View Post
    I don't think AL-41F can be commissioned in short period even for Russian airforce. The AL-41F was supposed to be the powerplant for theSoviet era designed 5G fighter (US standard 4G) MiG 1.42/1.44. Currently, for the similar looking, but according to Russian, fully re-designed Su-35 is using the 117S as its powerplant. Again, the 117S is a much improved/enhanced version of AL-31F. About engine for J-20, we don't have any official information. Till now, there are different gestimations, some say it's using AF-31F, other say it's Chinese made WS10 which is said either a direct copy or with technical inputs but an improved version of AL-31F sincer there are more than one prototypes according to publically available photo shots on internet. Since so far there is no confirmed information on weight of J-20, so it is difficult for anyeone to judge what's its thrust-weight ratio.
    Just to clarify one point, when I say "similar looking" about Su-35, I meant "similar looking" to Su-27, not MiG 1.42/1.44. Now, about the texture of Bear Studios Flanker B+, I fully agree that it is not so important, as I believe many new paints will come from fans soon. If most people here feel its flight dynamic is close to real, then I will take it to supplement myFlight 1 ASL Su-27. Finally, which airplane do you guys recommend Bear Studios to make as its next project? So far, we don't have a goodquality MiG-23.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'll buy it when some paints flow of other nations or fictional. I don't fly anything in Chinese armed forces colors or markings. There my foe and Prey and drive me nuts in cyber security. This way if say a RCAF or Mexico scheme came, it will replace the default scheme and I will buy.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Blog Entries
    My philosophy is slightly different. its nations that wage wars with each other, not flightm simmers.. Wars destroy lands and lives, flight simmers create communities.. I like flight simmers.. .. No one is my foe unless they intend me physical harm.. then even a few americans are not in such good standing..

Just to clarify one point, when I say "similar looking" about Su-35, I meant "similar looking" to Su-27, not MiG 1.42/1.44. Now, about the texture of Bear Studios Flanker B+, I fully agree that it is not so important, as I believe many new paints will come from fans soon. If most people here feel its flight dynamic is close to real, then I will take it to supplement myFlight 1 ASL Su-27. Finally, which airplane do you guys recommend Bear Studios to make as its next project? So far, we don't have a goodquality MiG-23.
    Mig25.
    The [sim] world can't have too many Foxbats....
    Oh...
    ...and the 31 ..... there ain't one that's really any good.....yet....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post

Gonna be tweaking and painting next weeks (between my already over-buzy scedule)......
    Again, I just knew...

Next up from Bear Studios..? First, more Flankers, then I hope someday we'll see a Shenyang J-6/MiG-19, though a J-7 or J-8 would be great too.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It looks like an interesting plane! Is the HUD collimated properly?

The MiG19, especially if you do all the variations like those in your MiG15 and MiG17 packages.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    The MiG19, especially if you do all the variations like those in your MiG15 and MiG17 packages.
    I was once trying to say "a nice MiG-19", but felt maybe not much people in this community like the model, then Bear Studios may have difficulties in marketing it. It's a good suggestion, though, I would definitely take it if Bear Studios makes one.

A Su-25 Frogfoot would be nice, especially with the two seat naval variant Su-25UTG.

Watching the two videos on Simmarket, I think I'll stick with the ALS model, just wish there were more repaints for it.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    My philosophy is slightly different. its nations that wage wars with each other, not flightm simmers.. Wars destroy lands and lives, flight simmers create communities.. I like flight simmers.. .. No one is my foe unless they intend me physical harm.. then even a few americans are not in such good standing..
    Nice philosophy

I really want a Mig-19 that would be my choice the chinese versons like the Fantan used by china and Pakistan I believe would be awesome too!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

First impressions after a quick flight: Looks good, flies great! Needs a switch to select either Chinese or English in the cockpit though..

... .
    Nice screens... And look very beautiful...

Question: Are the suspensions of gears modelled in the 3D model ?

Question: does it show up as traffic in FS Recorder with a dissimilar aircraft? Or does it have the disappearing visual model annoyance... That is an irritating limitation in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOBO View Post
    Nice screens... And look very beautiful...

Question: Are the suspensions of gears modelled in the 3D model ?
    Thanks, and yes they are.

Question: does it show up as traffic in FS Recorder with a dissimilar aircraft? Or does it have the disappearing visual model annoyance... That is an irritating limitation in my book.
    No idea to be honest, I don't use Fs Recorder.

Nice night lightning btw:

This is just a nice shot imho:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Bill already has a WIP shot of the J-15 up at his forum. :d

Bill already has a WIP shot of the J-15 up at his forum. :d
    Link? Please?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    A Su-25 Frogfoot would be nice, especially with the two seat naval variant Su-25UTG.

Watching the two videos on Simmarket, I think I'll stick with the ALS model, just wish there were more repaints for it.
    Many thanks.
    With new tricks I have learnt from my current project I will be updating it as a service pack but not in the next month or so

Quote Originally Posted by FSDSMAN View Post
    Many thanks.
    With new tricks I have learnt from my current project I will be updating it as a service pack but not in the next month or so
    Look forward to that

Members who have read this thread: 2