Bear Studios Flanker B+ available now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bear Studios Flanker B+ available now

Bear Studios Flanker B+ available now

I just noticed it has been released. I have not gotten it yet, but its looking pretty nice. Both single and two seater version by the looks of it.

http://secure.simmarket.com/bear-stu...lanker-b.phtml

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Blog Entries
    I have to applaud Bear for doing the PLAAF.. Theres so little thats been done of chinese construction and they've gotten a lousy rep. Of course it doesnt help that their J-20 is woefully underpowered but they'll work it out.. Thanks to Bear, we have another fine flanker out there.. ..

One that might be worth buying despite a couple of minors points that I'm not liking.
    And a 'G'Day Pam', how are you doing????
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I have to applaud Bear for doing the PLAAF.. Theres so little thats been done of chinese construction and they've gotten a lousy rep. Of course it doesnt help that their J-20 is woefully underpowered but they'll work it out.. Thanks to Bear, we have another fine flanker out there.. ..
    Well, I guess you must be either a design team member or a test pilot of J-20. Otherwise, one won't be so sure it's "woefully" underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by woyaofei View Post
    Well, I guess you must be either a design team member or a test pilot of J-20. Otherwise, one won't be so sure it's "woefully" underpowered.
    It is underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    It is underpowered.
    Can I be enlighted how this conclusion is drawn? Since this is not an airplane of international collaboration project like F-35 (still not much info we know about for sure) or any official information has been disclosed, IMHO, I think the fair way of giving a describtion is "it is said/believed" to be underpowered. Whether it is "woefully" underpower or not, I guess no one knows. Of course, it's likely that people here are more informed than me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    It is underpowered.
    Can I be enlighted how this conclusion was drawn? Since the airplane in question is not an international collaboration project like F-34 (still many information mostof our common man do not know for sure) and its official information so far has not been disclosed, so IMHO, I think the fair way to give a discription is "it is said/believed" to be underpowered. As to whether it is "woefully" underpowered, I guess no one knows. Though it's likely people in this forum are more informed than me, I am with all ears.

Thanks for the HU!

This one really looks fantastic. I have the Bear Studios MiGs, and they're all great. I'm sure the Flanker won't disappoint.
    -Mark

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    First info on the J-20 seems to indicate about the same weight and power as the F-22 Raptor.. Wiki states there's a lack of engines, not a lack of engine power.

Back on topic:

Woohoo!

A Twin-hole Flanker! Love the Bear J-10 so this will be a must-buy for me!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    First info on the J-20 seems to indicate about the same weight and power as the F-22 Raptor.. Wiki states there's a lack of engines, not a lack of engine power.Back on topic: Woohoo! A Twin-hole Flanker! Love the Bear J-10 so this will be a must-buy for me!
    With all respect, I don't think WIKI is right place to source information about an airplane, I would rather believe people in this forum who even may not be professionalor expert, but at least enthusiast in this field. By the way, has any one compared this newly released Flanker B+ with Flight 1 Su-27? I always feel the texture of productsby Bear Studio is somewhat cartoonish like.

Picking this up now!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

According to their forum, more versions are coming:

And this is a beginning for Bear Studios long product line on Flanker Family, in future; we will build major variants for this great aircraft. Include Naval carrier-based and su-30 international export variants.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

[QUOTE=woyaofei;764417]With all respect, I don't think WIKI is right place to source information about an airplane, QUOTE]

Looks like a well-written article with plenty of resources used to me..: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-20

Blog Entries
    At this moment, according to the news agency http://rt.com/news/fifth-generation-...an-engine-261/ The J-20 is using AL-31F engines from the Su-27 Flanker B ( a much lighter aircraft ). As china doesnt have the technology at this time to construct reliable 5G engines such as the AL-41FC1 used in its J-15 it has to rely on Russia to provide such engines. However, at this time, Their only option is to disassemble older aircraft and use those engines for their new aircraft. This causes the J-20 to at this moment be underpowered and underrmaneuverable lacking the full benefits of using the designed 5G engines.
    The one very positive thing that can be said of it is that it is definitely a whole new design not at all based on any other countries designs in any way. As to what the future holds for it and its place in world aviation, only time will tell..

And yes, Grat Job Bear .. will be looking to see many more..

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=woyaofei;764417]With all respect, I don't think WIKI is right place to source information about an airplane, I would rather believe people in this forum who even may not be professionalor expert, but at least enthusiast in this field. By the way, has any one compared this newly released Flanker B+ with Flight 1 Su-27? I always feel the texture of products by Bear Studio is somewhat cartoonish like.[/QUOTE

I undersand how visuals are so important to so many people, but visuals can ( and usually are ) upgraded and improved by the community here and other places. For me, whats important is that these and aircraft from other nations heretofore ignored are now coming to light and being produced. This is a very exciting event for me as i personally believe that aircraft are aircraft no matter who makes them and each have strong and weak points that deserve to be seen and experienced in the flight sim world..

First impressions after a quick flight: Looks good, flies great! Needs a switch to select either Chinese or English in the cockpit though..

Sukhoi Su-27UKB (Twin-seater) VC:

Rear pit:

Single-seat Chengdu J-11 VC:

Now off to study the manual.

While looking for the manual, I found English cockpit textures hidden in FsX/BearStudios!

That should help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    One that might be worth buying despite a couple of minors points that I'm not liking.
    And a 'G'Day Pam', how are you doing????
    Good morning.. Doing fine.. Playing hooky from writing a five year business plan I'm supposed to be working on at the moment ::lol::..

Some more testing:

Air-to-air missile launch:

Air-to-ground missīle launch:

48,000 feet and still climbing:

She's a beaut,

how good is the flight model, I mean does it feel heavy yet powerful with precision?

:salute:Thx for the screens:salute:

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    She's a beaut,

how good is the flight model, I mean does it feel heavy yet powerful with precision?
    Very powerful, and very precise. Probably not as maneuvrable as the real thing (Don't think it will do a Cobra.) but not as hard as the old Alphasim Flankers either. Those will go into an accelerated stall quite easily. Flankers have a lot of power and agility to compensate for their weight, and I guess this feels about 'right' to me (Only being a sim pilot.)

Videre Vincere Est
    What......it has a tandem seat version as well......off to purchase! :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Looks like this needs a stickie
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    What......it has a tandem seat version as well......off to purchase! :salute:
    I knew you would! ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 2