REX Latitude

Thread: REX Latitude

REX Latitude

REX Latitude has been released. I've read the site and I am still not sure what it is exactly. Just downloaded the user guide now... hopefully it explains it better. :mixedsmi:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=2226

Anyone else get this yet?

Blog Entries
    kinda like flying for the navy. you take off, you get scored on your take off, ypou land, you get scored on your landing, all in a multiplayer environment. Oh and, dont roll that 707 on its back, you get scored on your flying as well.. Wonder if it gives points for stunt and display flying.. Theres some really good pilots in these forums ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    REX Latitude has been released. I've read the site and I am still not sure what it is exactly.
    It started out with the name 'Flight Critic', which is a more useful description of what it is.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Master of Disaster
    Is it like "bitching betty"? Pull up! Pull up! That's what it would sound like with my flying skills........I go where I want and do what I want in the wild blue yonder. Also, I didn't see that it was P3D compatable?
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Hmmmm.....

Could be a way of enhancing the online experience. We're always chatting about how that isn't really all it could be in FSX.

If anyone commits to this, let us know what you think.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Is it like "bitching betty"? Pull up! Pull up! That's what it would sound like with my flying skills........I go where I want and do what I want in the wild blue yonder. Also, I didn't see that it was P3D compatible?
    Only thing I saw was that the "Desktop Client is compatible with P3D".

Further, and I know that critiquing something based only on some descriptive text isn't the ideal method, but it appears that this is geared towards both the RW pilot and those who aspire to be either in the RW or in the Sim. I guess you could use it just to play around with and see how good you actually are, but I'm guessing for $40. not a lot of folks are going to get it just to use it a few times and then forget about it. (Oh wait, we do that all the time with other addons, lol). . . .
    There have been other programs similar to this that allow you to be scored on take-offs, landings, navigational skills, fuel management and so on and they were mildly popular for awhile but like everything in the sim world, the newness seems to wear off pretty quickly. As mentioned, $40 bucks is a bit steep if you're a recreational simmer. . .this is for the serious pilot, or those who see themselves as such.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)