Piper Pacer Super Pack, releasing! - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Piper Pacer Super Pack, releasing!

I haven't flown anything else for the last five days or so and am loving the package to bits. I have no problem at all with the gauges as they are and what we have to remember is that these aeroplanes are over 60 years old and therefore the clarity of the dials is not going to be on the brilliant side.

What with the weather and that funny yellow thing (not that we see it much in the UK) streaming into the cockpit on many a virtual flight, its probably one of the most realistic aeroplanes I've ever flown in the simulator. Its that final word that matters, the product simulates the aeroplane very very well and that surely is the main thing that we all look for when purchasing flightsim software.

A big thank you must go to Barnes too for the wonderful repaints and now especially for me G-ARHP as this was my introduction to the Tripacer, after some 400 hours on Super Cubs.

Thanks again,

Martin

Thought I'd post a WIP of a paint I thought would nice on the Pacer. First test run of it in the sim, got the wings reversed and reversed some lettering, need to shrink the N number some, forgot the wing struts, etc. Doesn't look half bad though so it's worth finishing, now on to that tutorial on how to do curved lines so I can finish the fuselage. Will post more WIP's as I go if anyone's interested.

Great paints KB, hope mine turns out half as good.

Al

Charter Member 2012
    Hi

Working on this one. Does anyone know how you paint the wing struts?!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Hi

Working on this one. Does anyone know how you paint the wing struts?!
    The wing struts are found in the texture file "Pacer_Misc3.dds" and not in the paintkit that I could find. You'll have to copy that file out of one of the texture folders and recolor them from that file.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    I've just uploaded these two repaints to the library here. If they're not too fictional, nor too sloppy (I'm no pro), then enjoy!

Thanks again to Bill (and team) for this really fun little bird!
    Thanks Brian-->GREAT !!

Still the Yellow / Blue one had something as well especially on the Tri Pacer

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by oldpropfan View Post
    Thought I'd post a WIP of a paint I thought would nice on the Pacer. First test run of it in the sim, got the wings reversed and reversed some lettering, need to shrink the N number some, forgot the wing struts, etc. Doesn't look half bad though so it's worth finishing, now on to that tutorial on how to do curved lines so I can finish the fuselage. Will post more WIP's as I go if anyone's interested.

Great paints KB, hope mine turns out half as good.

Al

Fun additional paints on this lovely package,

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Great repaints guys!

I cant believe I left out the Misc3 texture. arrgh.... I'll repackage the textures and reupload the kit.

Mind you, when I painted the struts, I just used an old one and used magic wand to select the strut paint area and just used Fill to fill it. I then touched it up with some dark airbrushing on the ends for shading.

EDIT: New paint kit upload with the missing Misc3 Texture for wing struts. Sorry about that guys.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Got in a little work today, now it's starting to come together and look presentable. Still trying to get a handle on the whole paths thing in GIMP though, will keep plugging away at it. Having a heck of a time with the tail art of the Alaska silhouette and the Big Dipper also.

Time to take a break and do some flying, heading out to look for a logging crew working without permits.

Have a question for you Bill, what sheet are the antenna boots on? Thanks for updating the paint kit, now I can get the struts done, was trying to figure out where they were hiding.

Al

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks for updating the repaint kit.

Please down load this one from here.....

http://share.cx.com/H9Z3PS

Or from the SOH libary

SOH-CM-2014
    [QUOTE=oldpropfan;764580
    Have a question for you Bill, what sheet are the antenna boots on? Thanks for updating the paint kit, now I can get the struts done, was trying to figure out where they were hiding.

Al[/QUOTE]

Hey Al,

The Antennae body is located on the 'Pacer_Mechanicals_t.DDS' texture sheet. Flipped, it will be in the center on top. Normally on the bottom (when its right side up, before converting to FSX/P3 format).

Awesome repaints, guys!

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Can the paint schemes for the Pacer be used on the Tripacer?
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    I was wondering the exact same thing.

Yes. Just make a copy of one of your Tripacer texture folders (one where you like the interior and panel) and rename it as Texture.somethingelse. Then copy the Pacer_Fuse.dds, Pacer_WingsLH.dds, Pacer_WingsRH.dds, and Pacer_Misc3.dds from your favorite Pacer paint into that new texture folder and allow them to replace. Then, go into the Tripacer aircraft.cfg and add a new entry like usual with your new texture folder name. The main textures are compatible to all three varients. Be sure your new entry has the same panel and model entries (e.g. "Classic" or "Bush") as the one whose texture folder you copied.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Piper Pacer

The super pack is a nice piece of work for sure but then all Lionheart creations are. Congrats Now all I have to do is figure out how to stop getting lost with the older birds. Jerry

Hello Bill,

I am looking for a nice small aircraft for bush operations. The Pacer would be a perfect choice for that.
    My only question before purchasing is about GPS. I guess your Garmin 430 is a modified version of the default one. Is it possible to replace it with the Reality XP GNS430? If it is not possible yet, do you have plans for 3d integration of the RXP GPS as an option?
    Thanks in advance

Tamas

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Yes. Just make a copy of one of your Tripacer texture folders (one where you like the interior and panel) and rename it as Texture.somethingelse. Then copy the Pacer_Fuse.dds, Pacer_WingsLH.dds, Pacer_WingsRH.dds, and Pacer_Misc3.dds from your favorite Pacer paint into that new texture folder and allow them to replace. Then, go into the Tripacer aircraft.cfg and add a new entry like usual with your new texture folder name. The main textures are compatible to all three varients. Be sure your new entry has the same panel and model entries (e.g. "Classic" or "Bush") as the one whose texture folder you copied.
    Yea that worked I have Ole Blackie on a tri now, my next question can I bring over the interior textures for it too?? all the ones in any of the TriPacers don't go to well with the black and white exterior.
    Can the Classic panel be used in the Tri Pacer?

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lorketomi View Post
    Hello Bill,

I am looking for a nice small aircraft for bush operations. The Pacer would be a perfect choice for that.
    My only question before purchasing is about GPS. I guess your Garmin 430 is a modified version of the default one. Is it possible to replace it with the Reality XP GNS430? If it is not possible yet, do you have plans for 3d integration of the RXP GPS as an option?
    Thanks in advance

Tamas
    Hello Tamas,

That should be terribly easy to do, as a popup gauge (mini popup window). The gauge on the panel in the VC might have differences on the gauge from Reality XP, so mapping the XP into the VC 'might' cause some mis-matching on the 430. It should be very similar though. You could always give it a try.

Bill
    LHC

Yea that worked I have Ole Blackie on a tri now, my next question can I bring over the interior textures for it too?? all the ones in any of the TriPacers don't go to well with the black and white exterior.
    Can the Classic panel be used in the Tri Pacer?
    RedDog, if you mean that you want to bring in the Classic version panel to the Tri-Pacer, thats about the only model that it doesnt have. All the others have been created but that. You can only do a 'New' or 'Bush' version panel selection on the Tri. Are you just wanting to have a colorized panel?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
    The super pack is a nice piece of work for sure but then all Lionheart creations are. Congrats Now all I have to do is figure out how to stop getting lost with the older birds. Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

:salute:

Bill,

Excellent work on the Pacer! Been flying nothing since getting this plane. So many options and not enough time.

Thanks again!

Jonathan

[QUOTE=Lionheart;764911]Hello Tamas,

That should be terribly easy to do, as a popup gauge (mini popup window). The gauge on the panel in the VC might have differences on the gauge from Reality XP, so mapping the XP into the VC 'might' cause some mis-matching on the 430. It should be very similar though. You could always give it a try.

Bill
    LHC

RedDog, if you mean that you want to bring in the Classic version panel to the Tri-Pacer, thats about the only model that it doesnt have. All the others have been created but that. You can only do a 'New' or 'Bush' version panel selection on the Tri. Are you just wanting to have a colorized panel?

Hi Bill, ok,was just a thought on the panel. By colorized panel do u mean a different color than black for the "new" panel? That would be neat too. Any way thank u very much for such a super package. love it all but the Tri is my favorite.

SOH-CM-2014
    [QUOTE=Reddog;764947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

The Tri is my favorite.

lolol... Doing the Tri was a gamble. Only one on the team thought it was worth doing, Dwight. The other team members thought no one would care for the Tri-Pacer. Everyone seems to like it more then the classic tail dragger.

Wild how things turn out in the market and 'peoples choices'. You think you might know what people want and you end up being way off. :S

Bill

Haven't even flown the Tri-Pacer yet. Not sure I ever will. Besides being ungainly looking, who would want to miss out on flying such a classic and classy taildragger?! :-)

[QUOTE=Lionheart;764911]Hello Tamas,

Bill
    LHC

Thank you Bill. The popup option is ok, I've already done it with other aircrafts, but the VC integration would be a more 'elegant' solution.
    I'm going to buy the Pacer and give it a try. :salute:

(In the last few days I found myself watching screenshots of the Pacer pack, looking for infos and reading comments on it several times a day, and it slowly became a 'must have'.)

Regards,
    Tamas

lionheart-piper super pacer

Hi guys

can I request a repaint for this planeAttachment 76577

thanks in advance

John

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Haven't even flown the Tri-Pacer yet. Not sure I ever will. Besides being ungainly looking, who would want to miss out on flying such a classic and classy taildragger?! :-)
    Me. Ercoupes and TriPacers forever.

Members who have read this thread: 2