Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ORBX England is released

ORBX England is released

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Second!
    Yep! near 43$/34Eu:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...vc24fu2pg903g3
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Downloading now only 1 hour to go.... but 8 hours before I finish work
    Craig

Beautiful! Here is the link to .kmz. Area covered is even bigger than I expected.

http://fullterrain.com/kmz/FTX_EU_ENG.kmz

Downloading now, 1hr 53 min to go., looking forward to flying in the Lake District.

Apart from a few niggles I'm really enjoying my FTX England and in Dx10 too! I'd love to load some screenies but unfortunately Photobucket is knackered!
    I've just flown from Compton Abbas and there is a brick building at the end of the hangars etc with a gray flashing polyon the end wall. Can anyone using Dx9 confirm if this is also present in Dx9?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Does anyone know if they plan to release London as an upgrade? The version in the default package is horrible and their rendition of the Olympic park is incredibly basic. I had to keep looking to see that the Shard was still there to tell it hadn't reverted back to default. Lloyds of London is missing, the Mall is no longer red apparently, the science museum no longer exists nor Imperial college or Exhibition road. Also the trees look weird against the terrain textures, they're a bit bright. Maybe I just need to play with some settings, but so far not very impressed. Will have to try it with Aerosoft's London X re-enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    a brick building at the end of the hangars etc with a gray flashing polyon the end wall. Can anyone using Dx9 confirm if this is also present in Dx9?
    Roger , that a little problem that also happens with NZSI Christchurch airport and another issue you might find is a shadow chasing due models not being closed properly when made , fishing boats and a few airport objects this was most noticeable at NZNI Auckland .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Compton Abbas is a favorite rural airfield for me so it's important that this is fixed. If it is a general (not just Dx10) issue then I'll post in the ORBX forum. Regarding London it's not an issue for me because I never fly there so if there are other sceneries that are preferred for London then raise them above the ORBX scenery and maybe they'll reappear.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrunt View Post
    Beautiful! Here is the link to .kmz. Area covered is even bigger than I expected.

http://fullterrain.com/kmz/FTX_EU_ENG.kmz

Oh my....that is a big chunk of territory. Yes, I think this is a splurge I will have to make.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Nice to see that some of the Cliffs in Kent are white:ernae:
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    Does anyone know if they plan to release London as an upgrade? The version in the default package is horrible and their rendition of the Olympic park is incredibly basic.
    That's interesting because apparently they feel that London is a highlite, describing it this way in the description: "Impressively detailed City of London". Sounds like they're pretty happy with it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    How's Duxford look?
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2015
    What about compatibility with FRANCE VFR Sceneries ?

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    How's Duxford look?

the ACG IWM Duxford scenery works perfect with orbx England

Purchase: Complete
    Download: Complete
    Install: To Be Completed

Question: Should I just start a flight in England, or fly there from NZ??? Decisions decisions lol!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Quote Originally Posted by res non verba View Post
    the ACG IWM Duxford scenery works perfect with orbx England
    My ACG IWM Duxford did not load. I guess that I will have to move it to the top in the scenery library then (over the ORBX).....

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

This looks great. I have a Europe Scenerytech landclass installed and UTX, does anyone know if it works OK with these or should I remove any of them ?

Cheers

Well.... finally then ! Thanks Orbx !

:ernae:
    Jan

How does it affect loading time? Since I installed the NL2000 scenery, launching FSX and loading a flight takes much longer than before and the Netherlands is quite small compared to England (and I already use a SSD).

Some random shots mainly in the North West. The Rapide is at Compton Abbas.

SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    My ACG IWM Duxford did not load. I guess that I will have to move it to the top in the scenery library then (over the ORBX).....
    affirm, put it on the top of the scenery library it should work

i tested so far from ACG:
    IWM Duxford
    RAF Coningsby
    RAF Bentwaters & RAF Woodbridge
    RAF Waddington
    RAF Marham

i noted some light unlevel at the limits of scenery landclass but is perfectly usable and duplicate shelters and tower only in coningsby donīt know why, but i exclude the FTX_ENG_EGXC_objects.bgl at orbx scenery and it do the trick, is perfect now.

Taking-off from Lundy

SYSTEM :

Could I ask to see some photos of around Salisbury Plain Train Area (like around Tidworth and Netheravon)? It's somewhere where I fly Helicopters a lot and I'd be interested in seeing how Orbx has done it

Members who have read this thread: 1