REX Essential PLUS and Overdrive released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REX Essential PLUS and Overdrive released

Servers down, but they say I have 92 downloads left....funny
    Looks they are counting the failed attempts....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Servers down, but they say I have 92 downloads left....funny
    Looks they are counting the failed attempts....
    Yes they do it seems.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Starting my fourth download, the other three were corrupted. This is getting old real quick. How about a screenshot for some motivation?
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Well I have it.

Try downloading 2:00am in the morning from the world server if in the USA maybe??

Took me about 3 - 4 hours.

Haven't installed first.

I have a weird question - anyone know a registry entry or some other way that shows exactly where REX is installed ? (I mean without looking at the shortcut or browsing to it etc, won't bother with the long explanation why, the short explanation is: junction points, moved files, deleted shortcut but didn't uninstall, need to put back for upgrade)

Heh-Heh.....6 hours of download with IDM to go!

You gotta love it!

(wait, now it's only 2 hours!)
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Used the torrent download and got it done in less than 3 hours...but there seems to be an issue with the pictures of the various textures/clouds showing up in the interface. I'll check it out again tomorrow...been kind of busy today.

2 hrs later I found out what I did wrong. Be sure to read the installation instructions very carefully!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Goodness.....started at 1830 yesterday evening....finished this a.m. at 1030.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Master of Disaster
    Not happy with the time its taking to download! They should have anticipated the demand!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

A few points:

1) I was so used to ignoring "advertising" I suppose you could call them at the top of forums and using instead the forum heading to navigate that I almost missed this instruction page which as far as I can see you can only get to by clicking an ad and in fact downloaded (incorrectly in my case) the 4GB essentials file from my flightsimstore account (I thought that is why you had to post you wanted an update on the forum with your FSS order number) rather than the updater which is only 1GB (I had the Rex Overdrive 2.5.2010.1027 which only needs the updater). So check here first !
    http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com...um/22-fsx-p3d/

2) They now have an Amazon link up for downloads. It was good and fast enough.

3) Clicking on the Amazon link doesn't bring up my flashget downloader. I needed to copy a link to get it to work. I had to work out which one it was by looking at the page source - which was a bit tricky. I clicked to download it in Firefox first and made a note of the domain it showed then searched the source for that. Maybe just happens for me that one. Nothing to do with the link just how flashget works on my PC for some reason.

Worked good the first time - wow at sunrise at Koh Samui (Thailand)!!

Only thing is water, while OK in the day, is a bit odd with a hazy black grainy effect at sunrise. Will have to try out a few more textures.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Got it this afternoon from the German server in less than two hours! Loading times are drastically reduced from the previous version; about a minute compared to the ten or so it took before so I'm happy already. Will get a few screenshots later tonight.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

It's pretty easy to get totally confused with some of those download procedures. I did manage to get the base file of Essentials Plus downloaded and installed, but i THINK the latest Overdrive update is still to be fixed and re uploaded isn't it?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Download, 10 hours, 20 minutes and counting. :mix-smi:

I hope it's worth it.

What is the diff between this and the older version?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Just typical; installed Plus and nowhere was there any interesting weather to fly in....

What is the diff between this and the older version?
    The most important thing to me is the reduced loading time! No more 10-15 minutes of waiting..
    There are probably a few more things new (Like the interface); there's a list here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/news.html

A few uneditted screenshots, except for a bit of cropping; Spitfire over Megascenery Hawaii:

Duke over San Fransisco:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Master of Disaster
    Day 5 or 6, lost count, and I have a huge total of 45% downloaded!:angryfir:

Well worth the wait

I was fortunate in just having to D/L the update (3.6G's) . I did do it at 0500 Eastern Time using the Amazon server which I had never used before . It took around 57 minutes on a Time Warner Cable modem so I was very lucky . I had to try it out at ORBX's KJAC with the CSim-130 . Had to check the weather out for the VP This is using Prepar3D . It is a little crowded here at Jackson Hole . I hope the "Big Man" appreciates this !

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Used the torrent download and got it done in less than 3 hours...but there seems to be an issue with the pictures of the various textures/clouds showing up in the interface. I'll check it out again tomorrow...been kind of busy today.

2 hrs later I found out what I did wrong. Be sure to read the installation instructions very carefully!
    Would you share what it was that you did wrong and how you fixed it? Based on your description, I seem to be having a similar problem, i.e., no graphics.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Just typical; installed Plus and nowhere was there any interesting weather to fly in....

The most important thing to me is the reduced loading time! No more 10-15 minutes of waiting..
    There are probably a few more things new (Like the interface); there's a list here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/news.html

A few uneditted screenshots, except for a bit of cropping; Spitfire over Megascenery Hawaii:
    Which sets of clouds were you using? (I haven't managed to find very many soft sets.)

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Which sets of clouds were you using? (I haven't managed to find very many soft sets.)
    To be honest I have no idea, and I just did a new, clean install this afternoon because I have some in-game problems that I can't find the cause of. It's either REX, Accufeel, or the new pack of videodrivers I installed...

I waited until the dust settled, then used the new Amazon D/L link and grabbed the upgrade app in about 55 minutes. Awesome inprovements -- as far as I've checked so far.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Master of Disaster
    Where can we find this magical Amazon D/L?

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com...dded-torrents/

The Amazon icon is at the bottom of the appropriate upgrade version.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

That was NUTS :isadizzy: trying to download but moral is to keep trying. Number 4 download finally did it for me. Like others, download kept saying it was corrupt. The install went very quick once unzipped :mixedsmi:. Don't give up, keep trying.

I did the upgrade patch so download did not take all that long.

Jim

Time to go check it out!

10 min. impression = WOW. Departed Kjac clear weather and flew north...spotted weather over yellowstone park area. cloud bank remained as I flew to it and remained as I flew in it. Clouds were like those soft winter clouds and thick. I could feel the chill in the air. Nice job Rex, I think God would be impressed with those clouds!

Jim

This is just great! :applaus:

A few uneditted shots, except for resizing and a bit of cropping:

Liberator over Holland at Dusk:

Hercules leaving Ketchikan at dawn:

Mustang over Hawaii:

Members who have read this thread: 76