Possibly Pollitically Incorrect

Thread: Possibly Pollitically Incorrect

Possibly Pollitically Incorrect

Ok. I live in the Peoples Republic of California. Yes, good weather. Sooo, who fired up FSX with real time weather, and cruised Sandy?!. What was your experience, and do you have FSX video or screenshots? Let's seem them. I did not get a chance to go there as my home life got in the way.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

I took the F-86 through Sandy this evening. That was not pretty. :mixedsmi: :mixedsmi: :mixedsmi:

The hurricane spared us but...
    I set up real time weather on Sunday and launched out of Norfolk International (KORF) in the CR-1 Beech 17 Staggerwing. Knew it was gonna be interesting when the flight opened and I was moving backwards on Rwy 05 before I even started the engine. Got airborne after a very short run (like almost VTOL) and bounced around Norfolk for a few minutes with a very low ceiling and driving rain. Finally had to go to the map display to figure out where the heck I was, came in on what started to be a bumpy but decent approach to Rwy 23 and suddenly got blown way off track, had to honk it back over the runway and ended up in the grass. That's what makes flight sim fun.

My home was right on Sandy's flight plan, so I guess it wasn't politically incorrect for me to play storm chaser. Flew a C-130 AEW on Monday afternoon from KADW, and got quite a few bumps and jolts while climbing to 10,000 ft.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I didnt have time for FSX. I just got home and out of my USCG flight suit from 4 hours of Halloween patrol with SAPD.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 72