Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released

.... having a senior moment here gang !!

purchased the F86 .... very nice indeed, install went well but I'm encountering some issues with the startup process.

Start up is via the manual,but it wants to cycle on its own during the ignition process and not ignite ?

Could someone pls tell me how you register on the Milviz Forum ...... not my day !!

Thank you inadvance

Page one in the manual tells you how to register

Bought, downloaded and flown in FsX/A and Dx10. After at first having the missing canopy issue I found that after my next flight it was there in all it's glory. Funny how Dx10 seems to learn that some texture it doesn't like at first, will reappear in a subsequent load.
    Got to get to the bottom of the manual (and print off some pages) before going any distance!
    Great job guys...oh and I like the sound pack too.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Some of the screen shots in this thread are hard to distinguish from real photos. The glass reflections from outside the ship have a lot to do with it, I think. I may have to get this one after all...

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Must be one of the very few who hasn't successfully downloaded this. First my 'G-Data' protection, with all functions OFF, would not let it slide through. Uninstalled that and installed a free 'Avast'. Shut that down but it too said infected file. What now?

....quick note,

Don't know if this was the main issue causing my engine start problem but I did have the Section 8 Sabre loaded as an addon including the Milviz Sabre file...... ???

Have deleted the Section 8 Sabre and my start up problem has disappeared.

Cheers for now

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Must be one of the very few who hasn't successfully downloaded this. First my 'G-Data' protection, with all functions OFF, would not let it slide through. Uninstalled that and installed a free 'Avast'. Shut that down but it too said infected file. What now?
    Ignore the "false warning." This is a very well-known and widely discussed issue with ALL protection programs for which none of them seem the least bit inclined to fix!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Downloaded and installed without any problems. Only had time for one very quick flight, but it looks, sounds and flies superbly.

Well done to all involved, the bar has just been raised again.

Lighting problem

Can't get logged into MilViz forum, so I'll ask here. I can't get the landing lights or NAV lighting to operate. I get panel lights fine. I have read the manual and set the switches as indicated. I know I am missing something, but be damned of I can figure it out. Help??
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Can't get logged into MilViz forum, so I'll ask here. I can't get the landing lights or NAV lighting to operate. I get panel lights fine. I have read the manual and set the switches as indicated. I know I am missing something, but be damned of I can figure it out. Help??
    If you are having troubles logging in to the forum email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com and I will get it all taken care of for you. If you do not already have a log in name please let me know the one you want to use so I can get you set fully set up in the shortest amount of time. I can also reset your password, and take care of anything else relating to the forum.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Hi John ... to access the MilViz forums, all you'll need to do is send an email request to roadburner440 at milviz dot com. Those folks are extremely responsive and I'm sure you'll get the answer you need quickly.

EDIT: Rats ... I told you they're responsive ... Roadburner440 responded before I could type my reply ...

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Ignore the "false warning." This is a very well-known and widely discussed issue with ALL protection programs for which none of them seem the least bit inclined to fix!
    SUCCESS!

roadburner440 responded faster than a speeding bullet, or F-86.....
    Okay, I'm old and had two senior moments. Used the wrong login for the forum and missed one little itty bitty instruction in the "quick start" procedures. I didn't turn the battery on after hitting the starter position as clearly indicated in the manual. Am I too old to "fly" this thing?
    Anyway, I really love this plane. I flew my old AlphaSim F-86F for a long time and it was good...but a very primitive looking VC. MilViz has done a fantastic job.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    It is no problem. By chance do you have access to the F-86 support forum already? Good to see that you got your other issues sorted though. Always a few bumps when flying new planes, but once you get the hang it is smooth sailing (or flying) from there on out.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Very smooth docile aircraft with no real bad habits.I did get sloppy on one landing and allowed my speed to creep a little low.Do not get behind the power curve on this one and expect to pour on the coals to get you out of it.
    High decent rate,dirtied up and low airspeed = you better be ready to land.

I have never been one to look at any external view for long much less zoom in and stare at the details. But I gotta say the panel detailing, markings, wording,weathering,fluids ect are incredible.
    And even on my aging I7 Vista 64 machine the fps stays locked at 25 and fluid.
    Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    It is no problem. By chance do you have access to the F-86 support forum already? Good to see that you got your other issues sorted though. Always a few bumps when flying new planes, but once you get the hang it is smooth sailing (or flying) from there on out.
    Yes, the F-86 is there.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Do not get behind the power curve on this one and expect to pour on the coals to get you out of it.
    High decent rate,dirtied up and low airspeed = you better be ready to land.
    She can be a bit handful, but some character is always nice. :dApproach with boards out with at approx 80-85% power on glideslope at 150 knots. Upon crossing the threshold, smoothly reduce throttle for a touchdown at 120-130 knots.
    I won´t see your signature.

To all our proud customers, we offer this banner:

Regards, Diego

In the last 2 years I went from being a hardcore bush pilot where places like Lukla and St Barts were considered generous, big time into old WW2 warbirds and now I am heavy into cold war early jets. I would LOVE to see more emphasis on early jets. We do not need anymore P51s,Spits or 109s.

After flying the A2a and Realairs for sometime now anything less bores me. Recently Ive been flying the 104 Starfighter which has a notorious rep of being unforgiving. Imo Milviz has now gained a place the upper tier of addons with this release.
    Great FM,incredible detailing,weathered pit just like I like em........ Bring on some more early jets and I will eagerly move my home base back at Edwards.:cost1:

I second...

...JIMJAM's comments as well-- A2A and MILVIZ are defining "cutting edge". Great job guys....get us that repaint pack!

Thanks!!!

Kent

Flying her now with a friend on gamespy.

I've got to say this is easily your best release yet. Thanks a ton for making this thing as nice as it is. It really deserved to be done well. :salute:

Back to the flight!

Thanks. It is not our intent to rest on our laurels... We will be moving on the P-38, F-15C and the 737.... as well as the others...

Again, everyone, the major thanks for this one have to go to the great team that's behind MV. Thanks people!

P-38???

OH MY GOD that will be great!

K

Thanks for the banner!

Members who have read this thread: 161